CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed up for Best Rock Performance by Duo or Group w/ Vocal at tonight's Grammy's!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1957)

benkenobi 02-23-2003 04:50 PM

Creed up for Best Rock Performance by Duo or Group w/ Vocal at tonight's Grammy's!!!

Creed has been nominated for a grammy tonight! The category is: Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
The nominees are:

"My Sacrifice" - Creed
"Girls Of Summer" - Aerosmith
"In My Place" - Coldplay
"Hero" - Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott
"When I'm Gone" - 3 Doors Down
"Take Me As I Am" - Tonic
"Walk On" - U2

How could of a chance do you think Creed has tonight of winning?

benkenobi 02-23-2003 04:54 PM

I think Creed's biggest competition will be "Hero" with Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott. That song was huge on the radio, just like My Sacrifice, but the movie was also big which always helps the nomination I think. But then again Weathered was a huge success for Creed which will help My Sacrifice plus all the other hit singles from the album. :band:

hotforscott 02-23-2003 04:56 PM

I think you are right. I think in another award show, they were up against Hero and they won. I hope they get it, I would think that they would, but you know how the Grammy's are.

Shoebird 02-23-2003 06:05 PM

Don't forget about U2 either, past experiences show that they've always gotten alot of awards :P .

Personally I like In My Place by Coldplay, but I'd rather see Creed win. We shall see...

Sheila63 02-23-2003 06:31 PM

I definitely want Creed to get the award but I think Hero will probably get it too. When I'm Gone is a good song too. After seeing 3 Doors Down on NYE in Philadelphia, I'm definitely a fan.

Creed is #1 in my book!!!:)

hotforscott 02-23-2003 07:34 PM

What time do the Grammy's start? I have not really paid much attention. I am in Central Time.

whocares 02-23-2003 09:11 PM

coldplay wins. very talented musicians..

Dogstar 02-23-2003 09:15 PM

I like Coldplay a lot.

hotforscott 02-23-2003 09:23 PM

I didn't realize they started already and just tuned in. Have they already shown the award Creed is up for?

hotforscott 02-23-2003 09:40 PM

They just did a little update so I guess it hasn't come on yet, I am really not sure.

I hope they win. GO CREED!

Bridge of Clay 02-23-2003 10:54 PM

Coldplay got it... :(

Coldplay is nice, but I dislike very much their live performances... they´re the only Brit band I can stand...

hotforscott 02-23-2003 11:00 PM

I wish they would have.

I didn't like that Orchestra thing Coldplay did tonight on the Grammy's.

Dogstar 02-23-2003 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
Coldplay got it... :(

Coldplay is nice, but I dislike very much their live performances... they´re the only Brit band I can stand...

Do they do poorly live or something? Just curious.

Said Eyes 02-23-2003 11:29 PM

I think they are fantastic live. A very laid back atmosphere. It's like a big singalong, couldn't get must more cosy if you had a campfire and marshmellows. Last time I saw them a mobile phone went off in the crowd and the singer got it and started talking to them. It was hilarious. Plus their songs are great too.

Bridge of Clay 02-23-2003 11:30 PM

they could have chosen a better song to perform and their vocalist was playing the piano..well, he always does that at concerts, but he was all shaking while playing... banging his leg on the ground, headbanging... it almost looked like he was posessed!!! lol! :)

you couldn´t hear the guitar...

I wish they played The Scientist or Clocks...