CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What ever happened to Brian Marshall? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3220)

crest tattoo 05-28-2003 02:01 PM

What ever happened to Brian Marshall?

Since I am a newer fan of Creed, the last year and 1/2, I am wondering what ever happened Brian Marshall? Did it have something to do with a comment he made about Pearl Jam?

Higher_Desire 05-28-2003 02:58 PM

I'm really not sure. All I've heard is that there were "personal conflicts" within the band. Now he's supposidy in a new band.

What were the infamous "Pearl Jam comments?" I've heard of them, but never heard what he said. Just that after Mark heard them he "turned bright read and wanted to kill him."

H-D

Wylde-Tremonti 05-28-2003 03:08 PM

he said that stapp had better lyrics n stuff....i think you can hear the conversation at creedpit?....yeah he's in his old band Maddox Creed...but they changed the name to Grand Luxx.....

creedgirl99 05-28-2003 03:34 PM

I think Brain said something like "Eddie Vedder wishes he could write like Scott Stapp"... I think it was something like that.

goddess_bb 05-28-2003 03:55 PM

And they kicked him out of the band for that???

The Lithium 05-28-2003 04:09 PM

The only thing I know anout him is that is playin' in antoher band, don't know the name of the group.

creedgirl99 05-28-2003 04:21 PM

I'm not too sure.....maybe someone else will know more.

The Lithium 05-28-2003 04:31 PM

Hope so....HEY!!! IF IT'S SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOW IT! PLEASEEEE POST BACK ON THIS THREAD!!!

Thank you!:D

creedchick02 05-28-2003 05:35 PM

:rolleyes: Cashier at Macys:dunno: :dunno: ;)

creedgirl99 05-28-2003 05:51 PM

:P

crest tattoo 05-28-2003 06:00 PM

Wherever he is now, I bet he is kicking himself in the ass for whatever it is he did.:cuss: :kick: :spank:

Bridge of Clay 05-29-2003 12:11 AM

Marshall´s comments on PJ and he dropping Creed were just a coincidence.

The fact is that Marshall was unhappy with Tru and Stapp, since the royalties of Creed weren´t being shared equally. If you wanna know more, look for articles on the law suit Brian is moving against the band (probably the legal issue that is delaying the DVD). Tremonti & Stapp Music Inc. was founded by the guys, so the copyrights of their stuff are this company´s. Brian was getting less than he should and got arguing about it a lot. (Making it short)

Now Brian is with Grand Luxx, but apparently, they are not making it, since I never found a mp3 of them...

jango 05-29-2003 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by goddess_bb
And they kicked him out of the band for that???

That's what happens when you mess with Ed...

;)

I'm sorry, I have to.

DangerousDan85 05-29-2003 09:14 AM

Here's the ACTUAL story:

When his nipple ring got badly infected, he had to be rushed to the hospital to have it removed, and he hasn't been seen or heard from since.

TeriB19 05-29-2003 11:23 AM

That just hurts my boobies reading that.:(

Hey Jango, you wouldn't be Jango if you didn't say that!!!:)

Aimee 05-30-2003 02:58 PM

Marcos,
You are the closest so far! I have a copy of the infamous interview at home. It's funny, because when you read it, it really sounds like it's Stapp who's dissing Vedder, not Marshall. I effing Loved Brian and I wish he was still with Creed. I know, I'm stuck in the old days. DO NOT GET ME WRONG - Brett is cool, and fun and talented to boot, but he's the business do-boy that Marshall never wanted to be.

Bridge of Clay 05-30-2003 08:54 PM

I´m the closest to what??? err...sorry! I´m sl...sl...slow tonight!

Anyway, I agree with you on Brian x Brett.

And believe me, what Brian said on the interview isn´t a reasonable reason to get kicked. It was just a (bad) coincidence.

Wylde-Tremonti 05-30-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
The only thing I know anout him is that is playin' in antoher band, don't know the name of the group.

Quote:

Hope so....HEY!!! IF IT'S SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOW IT! PLEASEEEE POST BACK ON THIS THREAD!!!

Thank you!:D

ok....u need to read posts before yours....Cuz i explained the whole damn thing... :rolleyes:

~BleedGreen~ 06-01-2003 04:03 AM

*ahems* Uhh....hey guys! *waves sheepishly* Brand new here, but decided I'd post, simply because it's DAYUM late and I had something to say. ;)

I was listening to a Tremo interview the other day from the same radio station whose interview got Marshall in trouble. Tremo kinda put it on the record that Marshall didn't really seem to care what he said a lot (not JUST the stuff about Vedder ;) ), so it had been a source of disagreement within the bad for a while. This in mind, the Vedder stuff was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, and the band decided to let him go...you can stream the interview at the Creed Lounge. (creedlounge.com, methinks)

**GASP**

Okay, I'm done. And it's 4 am, so I'm gonna go sleep...and BTW, if anybody posts at the CreedPit BB, I post over there under RoadieBlitz. ;) Rock on, y'all.

~Chrissy
The 100% Official Creed Roadie Wannabe
"Could Ernie use a partner?"

The Lithium 06-01-2003 05:11 AM

[quote] Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
ok....u need to read posts before yours....Cuz i explained the whole damn thing...:rolleyes:

:doh: Sorry, I'll read it! Well, thank yaa!;)

//Lith

The Lithium 06-01-2003 05:21 AM

[quote] Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
he said that stapp had better lyrics n stuff....i think you can hear the conversation at creedpit?....yeah he's in his old band Maddox Creed...but they changed the name to Grand Luxx.....[/qoute]

Nope, wrong of you WannaB! Brian didn't get fierd for thet littel stuff! He decided to leave Creed when the band wanted him to write music with Mark. You know, Scott write the lyrics, Mark the music, and Flip write the drums and keybord, but Bri didn't do anything else then play is bass. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is corect! I've also heard about that Pear Jam stuff, but I don't believe that Creed fierd him for that! maybe they fierd him for the bothe reasons....Who knows....

//Lith

The Lithium 06-01-2003 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
he said that stapp had better lyrics n stuff....i think you can hear the conversation at creedpit?....yeah he's in his old band Maddox Creed...but they changed the name to Grand Luxx.....

Nope, wrong of you WannaB! Brian didn't get fierd for thet littel stuff! He decided to leave Creed when the band wanted him to write music with Mark. You know, Scott write the lyrics, Mark the music, and Flip write the drums and keybord, but Bri didn't do anything else then play is bass. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is corect! I've also heard about that Pear Jam stuff, but I don't believe that Creed fierd him for that! maybe they fierd him for the bothe reasons....Who knows....

//Lith

tremonti.net 06-01-2003 05:43 AM

Lithium - no one is right, no one is wrong. No one apart from the band and Brian knows what really happened. You can speculate all you want, but that is the closest you will get.
And Brian wrote the bass riffs.
________
Vehicle insurance forums
________
Juicy Hentai

The Lithium 06-01-2003 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tremonti.net
Lithium - no one is right, no one is wrong. No one apart from the band and Brian knows what really happened. You can speculate all you want, but that is the closest you will get.
And Brian wrote the bass riffs.

Yeah, I know all that, and as I and you said...No one will ever know what realy heppends! No one of us! Hey, nice pic!;)

Said Eyes 06-01-2003 11:02 AM

Ok, so here's the way I understand that whole thing went down:

Marshall was always the bad seed, the joker of the group. He did things that the other guys didn't like. What happened with the radio interview was that the guy compared them once again to Pearl Jam, Marshall had had enough, so he launched his 'tirade', essentially claiming Vedder wished he could write like Stapp. This was the final straw, and soon after he was kicked out of the band. You guys saw Stapp's reaction statement thingy, basically saying that Pearl Jam are a great band whom he and Creed wished to be as great as one day. Tremonti later said that he couldn't believe he (Marshall) said something like that, and was really angry and disappointed in him. He was out of the band a long while before the official announcement that Marshall was leaving for 'musical reasons' or something similar - the usual way of not giving a reason.

Soon after Phillips' friend Brett Hestla took over on tour. Then later on it emerges that Marshall is upset at the way royalties are being dealt with. Proceeds from the first two CDs he claims are now being paid to Stapp/Tremonti music inc or whatever its called, which was created, after Marshall left, to deal with the economic side of the band. He feels that he isn't getting as much as he should, also arguing about the songs being copywrited whatever under Stapp and Tremonti's names, not the entire band's.

It also emerged that Marshall hadn't been in contact with the other members of Creed since their parting, but apparently he had a nice break spending time with family and doing a fair bit of fishing before joining his current band, Grand Luxx. I've not heard a thing from them, so I'm not sure what they sound like or if they're still making music.

I don't know what youre talking about writing music extreme_LITHIUM, Brian only wrote bass lines because he played bass. Just as Phillips doesn't write the majority of lyrics, yet does all the drumming because, fancy that, he's the drummer. Maybe Marshall wasn't satisfied with his position in the band, but I heard he was playing bass for Grand Luxx too, so I don't know.

The Lithium 06-01-2003 11:07 AM

Maybe Bri do as Brett! Help another band....Creed may you gonna let him stay! I realy like him!

Bridge of Clay 06-01-2003 12:26 PM

Quote:

Nope, wrong of you WannaB! Brian didn't get fierd for thet littel stuff! He decided to leave Creed when the band wanted him to write music with Mark. You know, Scott write the lyrics, Mark the music, and Flip write the drums and keybord, but Bri didn't do anything else then play is bass.

sorry, Eric. you´re out of track. that was just stupid!

Bridge of Clay 06-01-2003 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~BleedGreen~
<b>*ahems* Uhh....hey guys! &nbsp;*waves sheepishly* Brand new here, but decided I'd post, simply because it's DAYUM late and I had something to say. ;)

I was listening to a Tremo interview the other day from the same radio station whose interview got Marshall in trouble. &nbsp;Tremo kinda put it on the record that Marshall didn't really seem to care what he said a lot (not JUST the stuff about Vedder ;) ), so it had been a source of disagreement within the bad for a while. &nbsp;This in mind, the Vedder stuff was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, and the band decided to let him go...you can stream the interview at the Creed Lounge. (creedlounge.com, methinks)

**GASP**

Okay, I'm done. &nbsp;And it's 4 am, so I'm gonna go sleep...and BTW, if anybody posts at the CreedPit BB, I post over there under RoadieBlitz. ;) &nbsp;Rock on, y'all.

~Chrissy
The 100% Official Creed Roadie Wannabe
"Could Ernie use a partner?" </b>

*waves back at you*

welcome to the board!!! :)

Unforgiven Fan 06-01-2003 02:06 PM

Until we can get the straight facts from Creed and Marshall, all this that has been said is speculation. Whether it was because of the comment, jelousy, or he never fit in, it does not matter because what happened happened and he won't come back. Let move on to to a new topic.....

The Lithium 06-01-2003 02:31 PM

What do you mean with: <i>"sorry, Eric. you´re out of track. that was just stupid!"</i>, Marcos? (then again as you know now my name is Sebastian but call me Lith)....Anyway...What did you mean?

JulieCitySlicker 06-01-2003 02:50 PM

Maybe Brian joined the circus:D

The Lithium 06-01-2003 02:57 PM

Ehe...Well, maybe not!;)

tremonti.net 06-02-2003 03:47 AM

Quote:

Hey, nice pic!;)

Heh. Thanks. Don't you just like my avie?
________
First generation subaru legacy history
________
Kitchen Measures