CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Defining Creed's musical genre.... survey (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3863)

velocityidp 07-26-2003 01:45 AM

Defining Creed's musical genre.... survey

Dogstar 07-26-2003 02:50 AM

They are definitely not nor have been *metal* anything, but with Weathered, I'd say they ventured more into the pop/rock category, though, there are some harder songs on that CD. MOP was definitely more hard rock IMO....
I'm not sure they really fit into one category per se...Is your point that they don't know what they want to be?

BTW, what's with all the polls, anyway? :D

velocityidp 07-26-2003 02:52 AM

Dunno, just thought I'd go poll crazy... lol.

I personally think Creed's "style" is grunge/metal because of tremonti's metal influences.

Dogstar 07-26-2003 02:59 AM

I think there is some grunge/metal influence, but I wouldn't classify them in that style. I don't think their music and lyrics are hard enough for metal. Rock, yes, but not metal. When I think of grunge/metal, I think Alice In Chains. AIC's lyrics also are a lot darker than Creed's and their guitar sounds are much heavier, thicker and gloomier in a lot of ways. I'm rambling...long day at work, so I apologize if I'm not making any sense. :D

hotforscott 07-26-2003 03:25 AM

I know I didn't really feel they fell into any of the categories listed above as well so I didn't vote.

I think the polls are much better then all of Jimmy's new threads...............lol, he must be acting in X's absence.

Dogstar 07-26-2003 03:28 AM

LMAO, Carrie...What are you doing up so late, by the way ;)?

hotforscott 07-26-2003 03:29 AM

I woke up when Daniel came in from work and I can't go back to sleep. I hate that.

Dogstar 07-26-2003 03:31 AM

Bummer! Well, I'm glad you popped in. Nice to see, no matter what the hour :D!

hotforscott 07-26-2003 03:35 AM

Thanks, you, too. Are you always on this late? I should actually try to get to bed, I have TONS to do tomorrow and I don't want to do any of it. It's like when I am off work, I am not really off. I wish I could take a vacation this coming week. I need it. LOL. I will see you on here soon. I need to force myself to bed, I have to get up early. Have a good night/day!

Dogstar 07-26-2003 03:48 AM

Hey, you have a good one, too! Yes, I'm typically on late at night, though I haven't been on as much lately...I've been so busy of late! Sleep well!

JenRN 07-26-2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
I know I didn't really feel they fell into any of the categories listed above as well so I didn't vote.

I think the polls are much better then all of Jimmy's new threads...............lol, he must be acting in X's absence.

I agree they don't fit any of these. I think just plain ROCK would classify them best!

goddess_bb 07-26-2003 12:16 PM

Creed is not Metal...please..if you think they are metal you need to go buy a Metallica CD or Zombie CD..that's metal..you can hear some of Mark's "metal" influences in his gutiar work but I have always thought that Scott's lyrics are too soft to be considered metal...don't get me wrong I like Creed but they are more "rock" at best or sometimes pop rock at worst...

Bridge of Clay 07-26-2003 03:33 PM

creed is... creed rock!

facelessman 07-27-2003 02:49 AM

hmmm- the age old question...what is Creeds music. I really think thats hard to decide. i can hear a lot of Mark's metal influence in some of their songs. some of them remind me of Metallica. but its hard to classify Creeds music when they mix those hard riffs with the deep, emotional, and spiritual lyrics. i think their in a classification of their own, maybe along with 3 doors down.

Unforgiven Fan 07-28-2003 02:11 PM

weathered was "sculpture rock"
human clay was "hard rock"
MOP was "post - grunge hard rock"

they only resemblence to metal is some of the guitar parts mark does but that is the only thing. They have not gone into pop rock territory truely and they are not a pop rock band.