CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Stapp Story? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7313)

RMadd 08-31-2004 12:47 AM

well, at least no one's villainizing me for posting this. like i said, i'm not sure if it's true. Q102 is just your average alt-rock station here in Springfield MO. And, admittedly, it has a sub-standard site. i've seen better ones. who knows what the real interview says. i wish they would post the text of the whole thing, to see how they arrived @ that conclusion. ironically, on the AB site, where i posted this, there's been a whopping 2 responses, and both dislike Stappo. I don't have much of a problem w/ him, but having read an article Matt (TremontiWanaB) posted on the AB forums, it would seem like he's over whatever happened. but, as has already been mentioned, who's gonna know what really happened other than the Scotts and Mark?

Dogstar 08-31-2004 11:17 AM

What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*

musiclover291 08-31-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*

Great point.

Ann Allusion 08-31-2004 12:15 PM

According to Michael, posted on another bb, Stapp phoned the interview into the station in Chicago?

Well, I have some questions, was this a scheduled interview...or just out of the blue?

How do they know it was Stapp they were speaking to?

Would like to hear/read the COMPLETE interview, I'm sure a LOT MORE was said than what was posted, for sure.

Sorry, but this particular information is bogus until proven otherwise. What was posted is totally out of character with all of his other interviews that have been given.

ETA: And even if it turns out to be true, so what, it's still related to what's going on between them, and is their business, right? not ours. (maybe this makes it a little clearer?) ;)

Shadow 08-31-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
According to Michael, posted on another bb, Stapp phoned the interview into the station in Chicago?

How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

Ann, can you please post that link where Michael said that. Thank you.

You know, now I'm a little angry, especially reading that Michael said it was Chicago. Now I really don't believe that whole article. I think someone is just trying to start trouble for Scott.

creedsister 08-31-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

you know thats right morons :mad:

Gabriel 08-31-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

You know, now I'm a little angry, especially reading that Michael said it was Chicago. Now I really don't believe that whole article. I think someone is just trying to start trouble for Scott.

He said it over the air in Chicago. I recieved 10 phone calls to that effect yesterday. Thats how I know. It was then put up on 94.7 the Zone's web site in print. Then it was given to other radio stations via newswire.

creedlvr 08-31-2004 02:38 PM

The only thing I know is that Scott has said that in the beginning the rest of the band didn't like the "christian" label. That's why I think this is just taken out of context.

The difference between Mark's interview and this one is that in the Mark interview, we actually heard him saying some of it. This is not the case in this interview.

goddess_bb 08-31-2004 03:07 PM

Why are we still beating this dead horse?? Let it go, it is done and really it is none of our business what happened between Scott and the others..isn't it time to move on and look foward then to keep looking at the past and what happened or didn't happen. Who cares??
Why not just be happy that they are now finding sucess to whatever degree apart and that they are still here in some form??

musiclover291 08-31-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow

Here we go again Michael is a big problem. Dogstar made a great point in regard to Mark and interviews and I was thinking to myself maybe some of the things Mark stated was taken out of context but then Michael always come in and starts divison. If Stapp said this Michael needs to stay out of it because this causes more divison and hatred. I agree with you it is out of character of what he has stated in other interviews I was thinking maybe things he stated were taken out of context and its funny how it was posted a day before the release of POC.

musiclover291 08-31-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
He said it over the air in Chicago. I recieved 10 phone calls to that effect yesterday. Thats how I know. It was then put up on 94.7 the Zone's web site in print. Then it was given to other radio stations via newswire.

Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.

farmgirl 08-31-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.

EXACTLY!!! Well said. Family members should stay out of all the drama instead of fueling it.

Gabriel 08-31-2004 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291

First of all, musiclover, I did not put his quote up on any boards. The fans did. It is not a he said/she said thing. He said it. Period. Caught in print and on audio. Secondly, if he goes out there and says something delusional like that for the world to see, and on the radio station in my hometown, I have every right to call that statement what it is. Absolutely laughable.

Bridge of Clay 08-31-2004 03:54 PM

Yeah, I reckon Stapp shouldn't have said that... it makes him look bad, it made the others look bad. Big mess!

Michael, thanks for clearing it up, about the ideas on if it was taken out of context or not. You know that your contact with the Alter Bridge fans is really appreciated.

As for the others, just leave it. I'll ask Steve to close this thread before it goes worse.

musiclover291 08-31-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
First of all, musiclover, I did not put his quote up on any boards. The fans did. It is not a he said/she said thing. He said it. Period. Caught in print and on audio. Secondly, if he goes out there and says something delusional like that for the world to see, and on the radio station in my hometown, I have every right to call that statement what it is. Absolutely laughable.

Michael could you please make the audio available for us at Creedfeed to listen to. I would love to hear the entire interview not a edited version since you feel so strongly about the matter.

Thanks!