CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   puddle of mudd and nirvana (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11835)

creedmarine81 10-12-2007 04:36 PM

puddle of mudd and nirvana

sorry fans of puddle of mudd but to be honest do they not irritate so much because of their sound, the singers voice and style.. they are 100 % copycat of cobain and nirvana....... puddle of mudd singer if ya seen the videos trys to copy cobain so much its ridiculous.. sorry but pom suck! Cobain was da man of grunge!

J.T. 10-12-2007 04:38 PM

Re: puddle of mudd and nirvana

Think this belongs in the general music thread...but I only like one song of POM's, which is Blurry.

The Lithium 10-12-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedmarine81
sorry fans of puddle of mudd but to be honest do they not irritate so much because of their sound, the singers voice and style.. they are 100 % copycat of cobain and nirvana....... puddle of mudd singer if ya seen the videos trys to copy cobain so much its ridiculous.. sorry but pom suck! Cobain was da man of grunge!

How is this Alter Bridge related?

Agent D 10-12-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium

Yeah, wrong forum, friend...although I agree, they're a horrible band.

Scorpion King 10-12-2007 08:21 PM

I really don't like either band. And yeah, Blurry is really the only song from POM that I like. Nirvana does nothing for me. Alice In Chains is the greatest band to come out of the grunge revolution.

I will say this, though. It's kind of hypocritical on a Creed forum to be accusing other post-grunge bands of ripping off grunge bands.

HeavensOnFire 10-12-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion King
I really don't like either band. And yeah, Blurry is really the only song from POM that I like. Nirvana does nothing for me. Alice In Chains is the greatest band to come out of the grunge revolution.

I will say this, though. It's kind of hypocritical on a Creed forum to be accusing other post-grunge bands of ripping off grunge bands.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA blurry was good song i liked it a lot haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yes they would be hypocritical

guitardude1985 10-13-2007 07:42 PM

I never understood why puddle of mudd got and still gets alot of crap. Sure, they are not the most revolutionary band that has come to pass but they got some pretty decent tunes like spin you around.

RMadd 10-14-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium

Easy: they're wayyyyyyyy better than Puddle of Mudd, and not as depressing as Nirvana.

RMadd 10-14-2007 09:40 PM

But, since we're talking about it, I too am not a big fan of either band. I've just never been able to listen to more than a single Nirvana song at a time (and most often, even that's too much: if I hear them on the radio, I always change the station). Puddle of Mudd, as their name implies, is fairly dull and lifeless. I used to like one of their songs (so much so that I actually bought Life on Display... at least that's what I think it is), but I honestly can't remember what it is. Oh, and their lead singer looks like he's trying to be just as depressed as Kurt Cobain.

Dogstar 10-16-2007 02:52 AM

I love Nirvana, but I can't stand Puddle of Crud...Wes cannot sing, period...anyway, moving this to Music Matters.

bilal 10-16-2007 11:37 AM

I guess its easier now for people to say that they don't find much in Nirvana...but honestly, they were the revolutionary band.... and well, I think Nirvana has some great lyrics... at least i still do listen to the MTV unplugged session of Nirvana every now and then... its just simply simple and yet brilliant....

Puddle of Mudd... i think life on display was a good album... had some good acoustic work on some of the songs, nothing left to loose wasn't a bad single too.... their earlier album was fair enough too... the fact that the singer copies Cobain isn't that much imposing if you take them as a mainstream band with a different gener of music....

Dogstar 10-16-2007 06:42 PM

Agreed on Nirvana Unplugged. That one is in my top 3 Unplugged CDs, with AIC and Clapton being my other two favorites.

Scorpion King 10-16-2007 06:47 PM

Yeah, they revolutionized the rock world, and I don't dislike everything that they've done, but by and large, they just strike me as boring. The other grunge bands strike me as much better.

About the unplugged album, I haven't looked up the Nirvana one, but I've heard that the AIC Unplugged is indeed amazing.

HeavensOnFire 10-17-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion King
Yeah, they revolutionized the rock world, and I don't dislike everything that they've done, but by and large, they just strike me as boring. The other grunge bands strike me as much better.

About the unplugged album, I haven't looked up the Nirvana one, but I've heard that the AIC Unplugged is indeed amazing.

yes :) it is amazing thats how you know when it good is hearing it unplugged before everything else drowns out the birth