CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thoughts on genetic altering before birth. (customized children) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7889)

Xterminator27 11-07-2004 07:50 PM

Thoughts on genetic altering before birth. (customized children)

Its possible to change a babys genes before birth and basically you can "customize" someone before there born. What are peoples thoughts on this? Heres what i think.

Bad point
1. We shouldnt be playing around with that kinda stuff
2. Some may think its inhumain and wrong
3. Unnatural, we dont know the side effects
4. What if you make some kinda "super dude" who kills us al kinda think.
5. Its just not right

Good points.
1. Deseases like down sindrom or ANY gene related disorder can be cured, helping the lives of thousands/millions
2. Everyone would look good (self confidence improvement)
3. Eating disorders or anything wrong with organs or whatever could be prevented
4. Possible to prolong human life span, letting people live for anywhere from 20 - 100+ years longer.
5. Everyone will never have anything wrong and the world will be full of a "super race" of humans.

Yes i got this idea from the movie "gattaca" and it sounds like some kinda wacko TV show science fiction, but it IS posible to alter DNA from sperm and such, and hey, if they can clone a sheep, who knows what they can do in the next 50+ years.

So whats everyones thoughts on Human custimizing? It has its goods, and its bads too, or mayby it should only be done to a certain level?

creedsister 11-07-2004 08:10 PM

I dont know haha They Would Have A Lot Of Good Points Except A Soul Thats The Way I See It I Could Use a few Clones HAHAHAHAHA,

Xterminator27 11-07-2004 08:27 PM

Well they would still have a "soul" there are test-tube babys alive today and they have as much "soul" as anyone

theironhorse 11-07-2004 08:45 PM

A film on the subject:
http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/gattaca.htm

Xterminator27 11-07-2004 09:02 PM

Yhea that was actually a pritty good movie.
but.

Quote:

Yes i got this idea from the movie "gattaca" and it sounds like some kinda wacko TV show science fiction,

creedsister 11-07-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
Well they would still have a "soul" there are test-tube babys alive today and they have as much "soul" as anyone

Well Yes Humans Would HAHA But Rembear That Movie The Unborn Where The Goveremeant Created Infant Monsters They Had Mind Control On Their Parents And They Did,nt Eat Food Or Fourmula They Liked Raw Meat , and this one chick goes crazy and trys to kill,em

JulieCitySlicker 11-09-2004 10:33 PM

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

That is messed up shit!

creedsister 11-10-2004 11:37 AM

I know julie i wonder how many of these littlie freaks are here all ready HAHA, I WANT ONE, HAHAHAHAHAHA, :p

JulieCitySlicker 11-10-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
I dont know haha They Would Have A Lot Of Good Points Except A Soul Thats The Way I See It I Could Use a few Clones HAHAHAHAHA,

Man! Cloning :eek: Just the thought of another me in the world is scary! I would never want to put anyone through that :eek: That would be torture!

creedsister 11-10-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
Man! Cloning :eek: Just the thought of another me in the world is scary! I would never want to put anyone through that :eek: That would be torture!

Awwww thats uncool julie :) i would love to have a dozen just like ya :jam:

Xterminator27 11-17-2004 11:10 PM

I saw a thing on TV where the spliced Spider DNA with goat DNA so the goats milks would have spider web stuff in it and it could be used for bulletproof vests and such (Spiderweb is the strongest animal made stuff in the world)

RMadd 11-18-2004 04:20 PM

i wholeheartedly disagree with the alteration of any genetics, whether for cloning or "fixing" your unborn child. it is not our place in this world to decide what we should look like, and i see very little good that can come from this. sure, there might exist the possibility of correction down's syndrome, etc, but there's so many other ways it can be misused. just b/c we have the ability to do something doesn't mean we should be permitted to actually follow through on it. it's irresponsible.

JulieCitySlicker 11-18-2004 05:17 PM

If God didn't make it,then leave it the hell alone ;)

Xterminator27 11-18-2004 05:19 PM

god didnt make computers/AI eather, but we still love them

JulieCitySlicker 11-18-2004 05:25 PM

I wouldn't say lthat I love my puter, sometimes its a pile a :horseshit