CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Great Divide - Review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9996)

facelessmike 12-02-2005 06:50 AM

Got the new Rolling Stone today which had a review of TGD -
They were pretty harsh...only gave it 2 stars and had this to say:
"Too bad the most uplifting songs on The Great Divide usually feel as annoyingly blustery as the most downtrodden...Rarely have souls-searching confessionals sounded so bland."
I'll admit it took me a little while to really love it, but thats BS when every other crappy cd they reviewed got at least 3 stars. :mad:

mrowl 12-02-2005 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessmike
"Too bad the most uplifting songs on The Great Divide usually feel as annoyingly blustery as the most downtrodden...Rarely have souls-searching confessionals sounded so bland."
I'll admit it took me a little while to really love it, but thats BS when every other crappy cd they reviewed got at least 3 stars. :mad:

but, they pretty much hit on how I feel about this album. I got if from Itunes the day it came out, and have now listened to it for a couple of weeks.

And I am very dissapointed. I interpret the majority of the tracks as seperating himself from Creed, and celebrating a new start.... which is fine. And most of those lyrics are fine, but... the music, the guitar, everything, is VERY blah. There is ZERO new creativity in this music. And I won't get into his voice... :( I doubt I go see his tour, I may if its a small venue, this really is a stab in the back, I was REALLY looking forward to something great.

dissapointed in Texas.

titan9 12-02-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessmike

What'd they give the new Darkness CD?

It doesn't surprise me that they'd bash him; seems like that's the popular thing to do for most of those magazines.

Evil_wizzzard 12-02-2005 06:19 PM

I've bought the "The Great Divide" just today and I find it pretty much good. When I compere it whit other new realesed CD's like SOAD "Hypnotize" or Nickelback "All the right reasons" then the TGD is way over about them. I mean its not like Creed, but its a litlbitt different and thats not bad for me. I give 7 nuggets out of 10 to this debut CD. Chears!

Dogstar 12-02-2005 06:37 PM

I'm glad it leaked because I was disappointed as well :(.