CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anybody going to the shows? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13438)

Inspired 02-04-2011 10:03 PM

Anybody going to the shows?

I hope they change the set list.

INDIGOSTEVE 02-05-2011 04:19 AM

Re: Anybody going to the shows?

I am flying to las vegas april 23rd!

Inspired 02-05-2011 05:19 PM

Have fun! I'm thinking about going to NYC, but I kind of want to make sure they change up the set list first. It would worth the $ if they play the good songs from ABIII.

FreedomFighter 02-05-2011 05:38 PM

I'll be at the BB Theater in NYC 5/19.

TrulyAmazing 02-05-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspired
I hope they change the set list.

set lists are always subject to change,

Inspired 02-12-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter
I'll be at the BB Theater in NYC 5/19.

I guess I'm going to get a ticket, I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't play some of the newer more innovative songs though, they are really good and it would be a waste for them not to play them live.

I think I'm going to suck it up and get there early too. The last couple of shows I've gone to I've been in the back and I'm starting to think it really makes a difference as to how much I enjoy the show.

FreedomFighter 02-13-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm going to get a ticket, I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't play some of the newer more innovative songs though, they are really good and it would be a waste for them not to play them live.

I think I'm going to suck it up and get there early too. The last couple of shows I've gone to I've been in the back and I'm starting to think it really makes a difference as to how much I enjoy the show.

Yea getting close is definitely worth the extra bit of waiting...especially in the city where the crowd is always a blast.

They covered a lot of Blackbird and the highlights of ABIII when I saw them in December.

Inspired 02-13-2011 09:40 PM

Yeah, I was into the setlist they just had. Maybe I'll see you there....

FreedomFighter 02-14-2011 10:43 AM

I'm hoping to get there early to get a good spot. I have yet to be on the rail for an AB show. Not sure that's realistic to shoot for in NYC but ya never know :)

Inspired 02-14-2011 11:05 AM

I've been on the rail many times, but I've never tried at an NYC show even though I used to live there and now I have to drive in and won't get there til afternoon. I don't think that many people line up for AB shows though.

FreedomFighter 02-14-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

I've been on the rail many times, but I've never tried at an NYC show even though I used to live there and now I have to drive in and won't get there til afternoon. I don't think that many people line up for AB shows though.

Sure they do. Maybe not like for some other bands (Metallica fans had coolers and lawn chairs), but the line was around the block at the Gramercy a few hours before show time. If you get there mid or late afternoon I'll bet you'll be fine. That's what I'll try for anyway.

I did manage to get on the rail for Metallica a couple times...that was nuts.

Dogstar 02-15-2011 03:15 PM

I'm hoping to go, but the finances suck right now. We'll see. Metallica on the rail is so awesome. Been on the rail a few times for them and AB. Good times.

Inspired 05-01-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Sure they do. Maybe not like for some other bands (Metallica fans had coolers and lawn chairs), but the line was around the block at the Gramercy a few hours before show time. If you get there mid or late afternoon I'll bet you'll be fine. That's what I'll try for anyway.

I did manage to get on the rail for Metallica a couple times...that was nuts.

Just booked my hotel, are you staying in the city?

FreedomFighter 05-02-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Just booked my hotel, are you staying in the city?

Nice :-)

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing yet. I'm starting a new job next week so I gotta see how my schedule will work out. Reminds me, I should email my new employer and find out how I can work this.

Where are you staying?

Inspired 05-02-2011 02:00 PM

I am staring a new job too, but told them I needed these days off when I got the job offer. I'm going to stay at the Milford Plaza the night of the show, it's just a few blocks away and I'm hoping someone will keep my place in line so I can change before the show. It's probably the cheapest place in times square that isn't shady. I also found this place that looks really cool, but it's farther away http://www.thepodhotel.com/

I think i'm going to take the bus down, but I probably wouldn't get to the venue til 1, do you think that's too late?

FreedomFighter 05-02-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

I am staring a new job too, but told them I needed these days off when I got the job offer. I'm going to stay at the Milford Plaza the night of the show, it's just a few blocks away and I'm hoping someone will keep my place in line so I can change before the show. It's probably the cheapest place in times square that isn't shady. I also found this place that looks really cool, but it's farther away http://www.thepodhotel.com/

I think i'm going to take the bus down, but I probably wouldn't get to the venue til 1, do you think that's too late?

Good thinking, I should've brought that up up front too.

Why would ya need to go change?

I've never made a run at getting to an NYC venue super early, but I would think 1 would be just fine. Hopefully I'll be able to get there around that time myself.

Inspired 05-03-2011 10:53 PM

Well, I'm a girl so I may want to change or at least freshen up after waiting outside for several hours. I saw them at Irving Plaza several times, but I don't remember there being much of a line, although that was when they first started.

Are you going to wait after the show to meet them?

FreedomFighter 05-03-2011 11:03 PM

I would like to hang out afterwords...never done that before. Just depends on when/if I gotta be at work the next day :-)

Inspired 05-04-2011 02:48 PM

Call in sick. It's worth it.

FreedomFighter 05-04-2011 05:13 PM

Haha first week on the new job? Maybe not a great idea. Who knows maybe ill just suck it up and deprive mmyself of a good night's sleep...

Inspired 05-04-2011 09:09 PM

Forgot about that, request both days off, just say it's for a wedding or a funeral or something, not a concert ;)

FreedomFighter 05-04-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Forgot about that, request both days off, just say it's for a wedding or a funeral or something, not a concert ;)

Too late, I spilled the beans on it. Wish you were there with me to help think on my feet. :-)

Inspired 05-05-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Too late, I spilled the beans on it. Wish you were there with me to help think on my feet. :-)

Haha, I've learned from years of trying to get days off. If you already have Thursday off, call in Friday morning and say your or your ride's car broke down and you're suck in the city (I am an expert at this).

I started my new job today and found out that that I can't get paid time off for three months! I'm still gonna suck it up and go though.

FreedomFighter 05-05-2011 06:43 PM

Yea i wont be getting paid either. That's ok though. Ill have plenty of PTO cashed out from my current job :)

Congrats on starting the new job btw. I start mine next friday.

Inspired 05-06-2011 10:38 PM

Thanks, I liked my old job better but at least I won't have to be unemployed and I'm getting my old vaca pay to. Hope you are able to get time off for the show with the new job.

FreedomFighter 05-07-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I liked my old job better but at least I won't have to be unemployed and I'm getting my old vaca pay to. Hope you are able to get time off for the show with the new job.

I'm certainly hoping to like my new job more...I think the chances are good. I talked with my new boss the oother day. Ill definately have the 19th off so just gotta see what's going on for the 20th. The hours aren't real early at this new job so worst case I'll have to work on like 4 hours sleep. That's no biggie :-)

Inspired 05-11-2011 07:15 PM

My new job is ruining my life. I missed AB on Rockline Monday as I was so tired from the new schedule and now I'm not sure I'll be able to do this....

http://www.guitarinstructor.com/blog...14641#comments

FreedomFighter 05-11-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

My new job is ruining my life. I missed AB on Rockline Monday as I was so tired from the new schedule and now I'm not sure I'll be able to do this....

http://www.guitarinstructor.com/blog...14641#comments

That sucks. Maybe itll work out for ya though... at keast yiure gonna see them live. That beats all :)

What is your new job if you dont mind me asking?

Inspired 05-11-2011 11:41 PM

I'm working as a case worker with domestic violence victims. It's kind of a step down as I have a management degree and was a supervisor at my old job and kind of made my own hours ;) What do you do?

FreedomFighter 05-12-2011 08:15 AM

I just left whole foods market as a buyer/supervisor to be a manager at a smaller local store. Same money, slightly better hours, and probably a better chance to move up in the world :) Start tomorrow!

Inspired 05-12-2011 05:44 PM

Good Luck!

FreedomFighter 05-12-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Good Luck!

Thank you! I hope your new gig pans out for you too :)

FreedomFighter 05-18-2011 09:39 PM

Big day tomorrow!

Inspired 05-18-2011 10:21 PM

I know! Looks like it's gonna rain :( I'll be heading down first thing in the morning, see you there!

FreedomFighter 05-18-2011 10:52 PM

I know, sucks about the weather. I won't be carrying an umbrella or change of clothes or anything either...I like to travel light :-) hopefully I won't end up too much of a mess. Maybe I'll bring something just in case. Either way, a good time will be had!

FreedomFighter 05-22-2011 12:11 AM

Really great show the other night. I got right down to the rail between Myles and Brian. Got some great pics from there :-) the crowd was awesome that night and the band was all the more into it as a result...I haven't seen Myles grin so much at a show yet. It was great to see how much of a blast they were having. You could see him gushing while the crowd chanted "Alter Bridge!" between almost every tune.

They played everything you'd expect, and added Still Remains. I think it was a longer set than past shows I've been to...felt that way anyway. Mark and Myles had their guitar duel towards the end of the night, which kinda fell apart into the two of them goofing off with one another, which was fun to watch. I got a finger slap from Myles as they went off stage, and picked up a recording of the show on my way out.

It sounds cliche but I think they're better each time I see than...or at least I think I enjoy it more :-)

Void
Real
Buried
Tomorrow
Start
Knuckles
Hope
Metalingus
Ghost
Wings
One Day Remains
Ties
Still Remains
Life
Blackbird
Eyes

Watch
Isolation
Guitar Jam
Rise

Inspired 05-22-2011 11:06 AM

Hey, I was on the rail in front of Mark. I am still sore/in pain from standing for 8 hours. Also a bunch of people came at the last minute and just stood at the front of the line, some of whom are supposed to be big AB fans. I was really disgusted by their behavior. It's too bad the band doesn't know what kind of people they really are.

I agree the show was good, almost a little over the top. It was kind of sad to see how mainstream they have become. I remember seeing them on their first tour at Irving and there was no line around the block or chanting "Alter Bridge". It's nice that people apperciate them, but I miss the days when they were under the radar. It doesn't seem as genuine as before, reminds me too much of the vibe at Creed shows.

I got to meet them after even though Best Buy penned us in like hens. Their road manager came out and screamed they didn't have time to take pictures, but they did anyway. I panicked though and ended up taking a picture of Mark and I myself and I look weird in it cuz I'm standing on tip toe straining to get in the shoot cuz he is so much taller than me lol. It was funny though cuz he came out in a hoodie, gym shorts and flip flops and said he was in his pajamas.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

FreedomFighter 05-22-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Hey, I was on the rail in front of Mark. I am still sore/in pain from standing for 8 hours. Also a bunch of people came at the last minute and just stood at the front of the line, some of whom are supposed to be big AB fans. I was really disgusted by their behavior. It's too bad the band doesn't know what kind of people they really are.

I agree the show was good, almost a little over the top. It was kind of sad to see how mainstream they have become. I remember seeing them on their first tour at Irving and there was no line around the block or chanting "Alter Bridge". It's nice that people apperciate them, but I miss the days when they were under the radar. It doesn't seem as genuine as before, reminds me too much of the vibe at Creed shows.

I got to meet them after even though Best Buy penned us in like hens. Their road manager came out and screamed they didn't have time to take pictures, but they did anyway. I panicked though and ended up taking a picture of Mark and I myself and I look weird in it cuz I'm standing on tip toe straining to get in the shoot cuz he is so much taller than me lol. It was funny though cuz he came out in a hoodie, gym shorts and flip flops and said he was in his pajamas.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

I agree I don't want them to get too big, but I love the success they're enjoying right now. I don't know if I'd say it felt like a Creed show...not the reunion shows anyway. When I saw Creed back in the day it was on the lawn of a huge theater, so of course the atmosphere was totally different. These AB shows feel so much less scripted and more raw. I wish I had your perspective though...I missed the ODR tour (had to give my tickets away) and saw them for the first ttime days after Blackbird came out.

Next time I need to try and work it so I can stay later and try to meet them. I did see Brian and Scott enter though in the afternoon.

You know, I'm pretty sure we did meet :-) I dunno why it didn't occur to me at the time. I was chilling there for hours too and felt pretty miffed when those dudes slid onto the line. I recognized them from other shows too. Were you reading a vanety fair by chance?

Inspired 05-22-2011 09:41 PM

I was trying to read, but couldn't concentrate :) Were you there with someone? I agree it is still much different from Creed, I haven't seen AB in almost three years and I guess I was a little surprised at how much it had changed.

Did you listen to the show yet? I didn't pick up my usb drive cuz I want to wait for the prs ones.

FreedomFighter 05-23-2011 07:46 PM

Yes, I was there with my gf. I had a Blackbird shirt on. We got on line and now I'm pretty sure it was you who introduced yourself right next to us :-)

I've been listening to the show. The quality is pretty good, though not quite as some other bands that offer the same thing. There's a skip in the first track so I emailed Abby road to see if they can send me a clean version of the file. Other than that its great...really brings me back to the moment. I thought I was supposed to get the prs version of the USB key there since I pre ordered, but I just got a regular one. Oh well, that wasn't the point anyway. I've got enough prs/tremonti stuff for now :-)