CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tool and Pearl Jam (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10762)

aussiecreeder 03-27-2006 09:26 PM

Tool and Pearl Jam

how pumped am I that these two AWESOME bands will be releasing new music for us soon? :D yes that was random but wooohooo about time Tool put out new music (5 years) and new PJ always satisfies although Binaural and Riot Act are not quite as good as some of the early to mid-career material.

nagpo 03-27-2006 09:41 PM

Re: Tool and Pearl Jam

yeah, im more psyked about the new rob zombie album comin out to care about tool and p.j.

aussiecreeder 03-29-2006 08:16 PM

rob zombie wishes he was in the same league as either tool or pearl jam......

Dogstar 03-29-2006 08:34 PM

May 2 will rock! I can't wait for both albums to land. I'm sooo looking forward to new Tool as it's been ages since Lateralus. And I get to see PJ in May and hopefully Tool this fall! YEAH!

bilal 03-30-2006 07:23 PM

yeh......hope to catch the Tool CD soon............by the way.....heard a new iron maiden CD is out too.........

Muad'Dib 03-31-2006 07:54 AM

No shit, really excited for new Tool album. Talk is it will be alot heavier which is even better. Cant say same for PJ! Never really got into them. Do like latest single though.

Steve 03-31-2006 12:11 PM

So I heard some of these new Pearl Jam songs and now I'm starting to get into the band. What are some really good Pearl Jam songs? You don't need to mention the radio-friendly popular songs like Jeremy... so far I've really gotten into these:

- State of Love and Trust (love this one)
- Immortality
- Red Mosquito
- Footsteps

Any ones I should definately give a listen to?

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Any ones I should definately give a listen to?

-Rearviewmirror
-Yellow Ledbetter
-Once
-Garden
-Dissident
-Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
-Tremor Christ
-Not For You
-Light Years
-Nothing As It Seems
-Do the Evolution

All great Pearl Jam songs.....

bilal 03-31-2006 04:30 PM

u didnt mention the song "black"................i dunno but most of the PJ fans say that "black" is dayer fav song............... :dunno:

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
u didnt mention the song "black"................i dunno but most of the PJ fans say that "black" is dayer fav song............... :dunno:

I figured "Black" was a lil' obvious....

Steve 03-31-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamFilthy
-Rearviewmirror
-Yellow Ledbetter
-Once
-Garden
-Dissident
-Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
-Tremor Christ
-Not For You
-Light Years
-Nothing As It Seems
-Do the Evolution

All great Pearl Jam songs.....

Thanks for the list. "Garden" seems to go on a bit long, kinda got tired of it. I don't like "Nothing As It Seems" (already know that song). A couple of the other songs I know but the rest of your list I like. Thanks for the suggestions!

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Thanks for the list. "Garden" seems to go on a bit long, kinda got tired of it. I don't like "Nothing As It Seems" (already know that song). A couple of the other songs I know but the rest of your list I like. Thanks for the suggestions!

I must admit,...I'm still partial to the classics like "Black", "Alive", "Evenflow", "Daughter", "Given to Fly", "Wishlist", and "Betterman". "Jeremy was WAY too overplayed. I also did not like their last album, "Riot Act". To me it was too bland and too political(I hate when a musician or actor sticks their nose in politics!) Glad to hear you liked the songs and glad to see your interest in PJ. They are a great band who were "the grunge movement" and NOT Nirvana,...but that's just my opinion.

aussiecreeder 03-31-2006 10:57 PM

not going to get into the whole "pearl jam" vs "nirvana" thing but a few other songs worth checking out are;

light years (off binaural and probably my fav pj song....perfect for a funeral)
sad (b-side again off binaural which by pj standards was a fairly weak album but this song is great).
there are lots of others but some of their covers are also worth checking out such as the beatles "you've got to hide your live away" and clearwater creedance rivivals "fortunate son."

Dogstar 04-01-2006 12:52 AM

And Rockin' in the Free World :D. I love that cover. Also, Sleight of Hand, Brain of J, Spin the Black Circle, Green Disease are a few more you might like, Steve.

aussiecreeder 04-02-2006 01:27 AM

there is also a b-side off "riot act" named "otherside" that i really like, which happens to be written by the bass player jeff ament. also another soft gem is "thumbing my way" off riot act. personally i find the period from vitalogy to yield to be their creative peak with the criminally underated no code in there.