CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Can anyone play Mark's guitar solos on ODR note for note? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7561)

AndrewFromABRox 09-29-2004 09:53 PM

Can anyone play Mark's guitar solos on ODR note for note?

Just wondering if anyone can, I personally haven't tried because i either cannot find them or they're in one of his weird tunings.

RMadd 09-29-2004 10:48 PM

i can

Bridge of Clay 09-29-2004 11:05 PM

It's drop D down a whole step.

AndrewFromABRox 09-30-2004 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
It's drop D down a whole step.

What is?

DekWannaBFlea 09-30-2004 12:21 PM

No can do, I am a bassist......Plus i don't like marshall's parts that much...They are ok, but nothing exciting.

The Lithium 09-30-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
i can

All the solos as fast as Mark?

RMadd 09-30-2004 02:13 PM

haha, no, i was just kidding, i only know a few Creed chords on there (mostly the ones from WTLF)

The Lithium 09-30-2004 05:19 PM

Well, I thought so. If you could you would've been famous!!

AndrewFromABRox 09-30-2004 05:22 PM

I mean all the solo's in the whole album, not just the song ODR, I meant the whole ODR album (all 5 solos).

shiver 10-01-2004 12:02 AM

I looked at the tab for the OYE solo and it's insane and I'm not that fast. That and I get tired playing other people's songs. I like to see what they are doing and try and take something away from it, but it takes something away from the song when you learn to play it. I dunno, just me. That and I hate to be one of those dorks that go into a guitar store and pick up a cheap guitar, plug into an expensive Marshall and play riff after riff and try to show off. Geez, you want to impress people, write and play your own fricking music...
Sorry I got off topic and on a rant. Oh well.

The Lithium 10-01-2004 08:18 AM

Well, if anyone here could play the solos JUST like Mark and as fast as Mark they'd be famous rock 'n roll guitarists!!

AndrewFromABRox 10-01-2004 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
Well, if anyone here could play the solos JUST like Mark and as fast as Mark they'd be famous rock 'n roll guitarists!!

Not really, yea they would have the talent to be famous but there are thousands of undescovered guitarists that could kick marks butt, he's even said that before.

shiver 10-01-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewFromABRox
Not really, yea they would have the talent to be famous but there are thousands of undescovered guitarists that could kick marks butt, he's even said that before.

Agreed. Honestly, its harder to come up with something original than to copy someone. I know plenty of people who can play just like Mark, or Angus or whoever their guitar god is, but when it comes to being original, well, they can't. Being fast doesn't make you good. Its what you know and how you use it.

AndrewFromABRox 10-01-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
Agreed. Honestly, its harder to come up with something original than to copy someone. I know plenty of people who can play just like Mark, or Angus or whoever their guitar god is, but when it comes to being original, well, they can't. Being fast doesn't make you good. Its what you know and how you use it.

Yea, speed is something that takes ur playing from one level to the next, but that's not all that's into playing. And even if u have creativity, great technical skill, originality and whatever else it takes to be famous, does'nt mean you will be famous, i know plently of guys that are great, and have everything, but being famous is skill plus a lot of luck, and promoting urself from a young age, honestly being great and being famous unfortunatly don't have to go togethet these days, look at tom delonge, he doesn't even know a scale, come on??

The Lithium 10-03-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewFromABRox

I'm not sure they would kick is butt, but sure - there's very many out there who are as good as Mark, and even a few who are better!!