CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mark Tremonti (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2086)

HumanClay03 03-04-2003 12:19 PM

Mark Tremonti

Yah, Mark Kicks butt. I always wonder how he does al teh extra stuff like harmonics and slides during his live shows, I can play all their songs perfectly, but I try and to their live stiff and it gets all messed up. Does anyone knwo how to do it?

HumanClay03 03-04-2003 12:42 PM

Mark Tremonti

Does anyone know?

mushroomy2k 03-04-2003 01:34 PM

mark tremonti

HumanClay03 im not sure how he does any of that.
i guess lots of practice,and just having the skills.
and the desires to play..
i believe in you and one day you will beable to play the.
same way,just keep practicing,im glad you know how to play.
i havent tried plus my hands are to small to go around.
any guitar ive seen,plus my fingers arent long eather..
have a great day.Diane:)

HumanClay03 03-04-2003 01:39 PM

Mark Tremonti

Thanks alot Diane, I really appreciate it.

mushroomy2k 03-04-2003 01:42 PM

mark tremonti

your welcome HumanClay03.
maybe we can get some of the others reply too .
im sure there are guitar players here and they.
might beable to help you..
have a great day.Diane

HumanClay03 03-04-2003 02:04 PM

Mark Tremonti

Yah, that would be awesome

mushroomy2k 03-04-2003 02:09 PM

mark tremonti

i see your from tampa :cool: my husband and son.
work in tampa,they have been working at
.bush gardens,building the 4d theater,plus they.
built all the underground tunnels you go under.
on the montu is that what its called.
.i cant believe non of these buzzards will help you.
shame on them.Diane

Rune 03-04-2003 04:10 PM

what songs would u like to know about live stuff for?

Basically whenever i learn a creed song, i learn the tabbed out cd version, then i watch/listen to a live version and learn it that way as well, that way i can have more freedom to change the song.

My favorite thing to do when doing a live version of a song is in the What's This Life For? bridge, before he hits the D chord he does this cool slide with a Vibrato chord that sounds really cool, i made sure i got that down.

I also watched him do the WAWO solo live and learned a much easier way to do it accurately from watching him do it.

DangerousDan85 03-04-2003 05:48 PM

yeah I just watched him play the WAWO solo and he did a bunch of different stuff.

HumanClay03 03-04-2003 06:49 PM

Mark Tremonti

Rune,
Bassically, Whats this life for, in teh end he adds a bunch of harmonics, and slides. In My Sacrfice, he adds harmonics, and liek all teh others to. Does he add timming to the song to add it? If yo can help me my email adress is [email protected]. Also he is always adding liek extra licks and leads when there are none in the original song. Yah, I can play all teh CD versions of the song perfect. The only song I cn do llive by them is Higher.

Marty 03-04-2003 09:05 PM

The easiest solo to learn is My Own Prison's solo. Go download him playing at the Olmypics or Alctrez, watch the solos, look at official tabs at their website (Creeds) listen to the acoustic and original songs. It only took me a evening to get it down.
________
Medical marijuana delivery 95448

Bridge of Clay 03-04-2003 09:53 PM

I suck so much when playing guitar that I canīt evel tell you what harmonics are...

hide_tremonti 03-05-2003 07:20 AM

He improvises a lot.
If you want to be able to add stuff onto the album versions, like what Mark does live, you gotta practice rhythm. Practice using your ear as well.

creeder 03-05-2003 08:22 AM

Re: Mark Tremonti

Quote:

Originally posted by HumanClay03
Yah, Mark Kicks butt.  I always wonder how he does al teh extra stuff like harmonics and slides during his live shows, I can play all their songs perfectly, but I try and to their live stiff and it gets all messed up.  Does anyone knwo how to do it?

I do it... he does varitaions..... i love the live versions... :)

hide_tremonti 03-07-2003 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dudeguydude
The easiest solo to learn is My Own Prison's solo. Go download him playing at the Olmypics or Alctrez, watch the solos, look at official tabs at their website (Creeds) listen to the acoustic and original songs. It only took me a evening to get it down.

He throws in some pretty neat pinches at the end of the MOP solo in Alcatraz.