CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp makes an official statement on the brawl with 311 (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10142)

titan9 12-07-2005 08:47 PM

Stapp makes an official statement on the brawl with 311

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/151...headlines=true

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Stapp
"This is a very unfortunate situation; however, there are two sides to every story. I was at the hotel celebrating Thanksgiving and my engagement with my new fiancee when the fight started," the statement read. "As The Associated Press reported and confirmed, I did not instigate this altercation."

Very interesting, although I still do not believe that Stapp was not at fault at all....I really won't believe that until I see the brawl on tape, if that ever happens. Anyway, congrats to Scott and his fiancee. Hopefully this relationship works out better than the last.

Dogstar 12-07-2005 08:57 PM

Who knows if the tape even caught the whole thing. He's right about one thing. It was an unfortunate situation, for all of them involved.

titan9 12-07-2005 09:00 PM

That's true. I'd still like to see the tape released, regardless. I'm just glad that he made a statement in the first place. I thought WU would just ignore it.

facelessmike 12-07-2005 09:02 PM

Its about time we hear something from Stapp...its just about a week too late. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
And congrats to Stapp ;)

Dogstar 12-07-2005 09:05 PM

Well, it's a lot quicker than he's responded, if at all, in previous situations.

Ana4Stapp 12-07-2005 09:10 PM

Its good that Stapp said something about that, but I also agree that now is a little late... :rolleyes:

titan9 12-07-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessmike
The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Agreed. Like I said, though, I really want to see the video footage. Until then, I'm not really sure who to believe. There's been inconsistencies in 311's story and Stapp isn't the most trust-worthy guy at this point. So right now, I'm not going to pick sides and will instead just enjoy the music.

Chris98GT 12-07-2005 10:07 PM

I do not believe a word of that. If you had been to the Chicago show and then heard his excuses for that, you'd know where I'm coming from.

He is a coward who refuses to take responsibility for his actions.

Stappishot 12-07-2005 10:19 PM

CONGRATS STAPP on ur engagement, hope it last. Tell me y would anyone get engaged on turkey day? I would think he would do it on x-mas. But that's just me.

Come on Scott this is ur engagement man, and u screw it up by fighting. Ur supposed to be with ur new furture wife, not going downstairs to drink and start a fight. It shows u how much she means to him, that he would go on that show and rub on Beth's back and try to get with her. Not a match made in heaven. But congrats to ya.

uncertaindrumer 12-07-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
I do not believe a word of that. If you had been to the Chicago show and then heard his excuses for that, you'd know where I'm coming from.

He is a coward who refuses to take responsibility for his actions.

Amen.

The guy is a loser. Lover his music if you want, but please PLEASE stop trying to make him out to be a saint, people...

Dogstar 12-07-2005 10:48 PM

Heh, I don't think anyone's making him out to be a saint, not here, anyway :D

Chase 12-08-2005 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Amen.

The guy is a loser. Lover his music if you want, but please PLEASE stop trying to make him out to be a saint, people...

Who said anything about him being a "saint." If anyone glorifies anyone... it's you in regards to Alter Bridge.

tremonti4life04 12-08-2005 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
That's true. I'd still like to see the tape released, regardless. I'm just glad that he made a statement in the first place. I thought WU would just ignore it.

If you want the tape, im sure someone at PBF has it by now.

Stappishot 12-08-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
If you want the tape, im sure someone at PBF has it by now.

They wont give that tape out, PBF are stapp lovers all the way. And they all believe stapp and what he had to say on MTV. I personally think they worship the guy. Stapp can do nothing wrong in there eyes. WHATEVER!

Chase 12-08-2005 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stappishot
They wont give that tape out, PBF are stapp lovers all the way. And they all believe stapp and what he had to say on MTV. I personally think they worship the guy. Stapp can do nothing wrong in there eyes. WHATEVER!

... says the person named "Stappishot."