CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   MTV News - Alter Bridge's Tremonti Says Forget About a Creed Reunion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9313)

titan9 06-22-2005 12:19 PM

MTV News - Alter Bridge's Tremonti Says Forget About a Creed Reunion

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

Someone on another board just pointed this article out. I actually got a good laugh when I came to this part "He's(Stapp) still out there playing Creed songs with a pieced-together pawnshop band." Lol! Can't say I disagree with him there.:laugh: Anyway, this article should put to rest the rumors of a Creed reunion.

Bridge of Clay 06-22-2005 12:26 PM

This article on MTV is a small fraction of the 6 page article that the new GuitarOne features. as soon as I find it complete, typed or scanned, I'll let you know.

Hopefully Stace and Ryan will do it.

titan9 06-22-2005 12:30 PM

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I saw the latest Guitar One mag but didn't see anything about a Tremonti interview, or else I would have read it.

Chase 06-22-2005 12:52 PM

I think that Stapp did that intentionally to piss off Tremonti. Tremonti talks shit on Stapp and Stapp decides to break that agreement. Why can't they be like the Gallagher brothers in Oasis? Fight and make great music. Oh well, it's kind of funny watching them go at it.

Dogstar 06-22-2005 01:24 PM

I'll have to get GuitarOne. Thanks for the heads up, titan. Actually, hasn't Stapp only done a verson of Higher? I can't recall what else he's done with Creed songs.

titan9 06-22-2005 04:02 PM

I think he might have done "With Arms Wide Open" during those Nascar awards. Originally, he was supposed to do "Relearn Love" as the second song, but I recall hearing he did WAWO instead. However, that wasn't shown on TV. I think Stapp has also done an acoustic version of Higher before during a radio interview, but can't say so for sure. I'll have to check PBF sometime and see if I'm right about that.

The Lithium 06-22-2005 04:57 PM

He did an acoustic version of WAWO too. And that fucker who plays guitar... It sure ain't Mark! You can actually hear that it's not Mark playing, 'cause the guy can't even copy his style.

Dogstar 06-22-2005 05:23 PM

That's right. I thought maybe there was a version of WAWO.

tremonti4life04 06-22-2005 09:23 PM

the guy cant match the skill and class that tremonti brings to the guitar and stage.

Higher_Desire 06-23-2005 12:22 AM

I can't wait to read the GuitarOne article now. Though, we've heard basically everything and then some of what Mark has to say about it. I'd love to hear ALL of Stapp's side of the story.

Quote:

There is no way in the world that Creed would get back together — unless it was for world peace."
Alright guys. Now we know what we need to accomplish! If we all band together (no pun intended) we can make it happen! Whaddaya say?

H-D :pimp:

aussiecreeder 06-23-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I can't wait to read the GuitarOne article now. Though, we've heard basically everything and then some of what Mark has to say about it. I'd love to hear ALL of Stapp's side of the story.

Alright guys. Now we know what we need to accomplish! If we all band together (no pun intended) we can make it happen! Whaddaya say?

H-D :pimp:

lets call Kim Je Hung (is that you spell the north korean dictator's name) lol and tell him we need the cold war part 2 so that an american rock band will reform! if he' anything like how he is in "team america" he's sure to be in! lol

uncertaindrumer 06-23-2005 11:14 AM

The Full article is on ABB.net if you wanna go read it.

Anyone who still lieks Stapp afetr reading the full article is in denial, is an idiot, and can't look at evidence.

titan9 06-23-2005 11:23 AM

I still like Stapp as a musician, so am I an idiot?:laugh: Seriously, though. I can't defend him as a person, but I can say that if everything Mark said is true, I've lost a lot of respect for Stapp the person. Here I thought that, based on previous interviews, Stapp was being the man, not running down Mark like Mark was bad-mouthing Stapp. Now I see that Mark had good reason to bad-mouth Stapp.

uncertaindrumer 06-23-2005 11:34 AM

Yes, Titan, we all know you are an idiot. lol, jk of course.

There is a big difference between thinking he has a good voice--which I would still probably disagree with--and being like some other anonymous people on the board who think he is a God.

But yeah, anyway...I knew Titan9 was gonna give me trouble for that. lol

titan9 06-23-2005 11:56 AM

Just like I know you'll give me trouble whenever I say something about Creed and Alter Bridge being equally good or that Creed had awesome lyrics.:laugh: It's inevitable, lol.

Yeah, there's definitely a huge difference between worshipping him as a God and just liking him as a vocalist and lyricist. I'm really disappointed in Stapp if all of this stuff is true. I thought he was above doing that to Mark, but I guess not. It won't stop me from buying the CD, going to a concert, but I'm still disappointed.