CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vip Experience?! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12503)

skyguy86 08-07-2009 09:19 AM

Vip Experience?!

Hey everyone who went last night AND went 5-Star VIP style, how was it? What did you get in the goodie bag?

Got My Back? 08-07-2009 09:43 AM

Re: Vip Experience?!

I LOVED the VIP experience!

Got in to the amphitheater at 4:30. Got 3 drink tickets, and led to the party area. In the party area, you had your choice of beer, wine coolers (I think that's what they were), soda or water. They were cooking hot dogs on a grill. There were about 35-40 people in ours. We were taken to the merchandise stand for our crowd-free shopping and that was cool. We were then taken back to the party area for a while. Our party area was a picnic tent with about 10 round tables, so people pretty much paired up and talked. There was Creed playing from an Ipod stereo. We were then given our gift bags. They included a deck of Creed cards, a tank-top shirt (a "wife-beater"), a poster and a slightly smaller than 2 inch round Creed 2009 button. There is supposedly a hat that wasn't ready yet, and they are mailing those once they come in.

At 6PM, we were taken to a more secure area off to the side of the stage for the Meet and Greet. Each group of people (as per package order) got to go in for a minute or so and say hi, shake hands, hug, and get one picture taken with them. The VIP host takes the picture which will be posted on their site for download. You cannot use your camera, you can bring your camera for pictures at the show, but you just can't take it out at the M&G. They were not signing anything, it was billed as a M&G, but that was cool.

After everyone gets their turn, you go back to the party area for a raffle. They raffle off some Creed T-Shirts. Then, they lead you to the pit where you find your place and dig in for the night. I was lucky enough to aquire the site directly in front of where Tremonti does all his solos at the edge of the stage, so it was well, well, worth the money.

All in all, I really couldn't have asked for more.

skyguy86 08-07-2009 09:48 AM

Nice!!!!! Thank You So Much!!!!

TheGreatDivide 08-07-2009 11:53 AM

Whats Tremonti like

Got My Back? 08-07-2009 12:17 PM

Tremonti was cool as hell.

I was wearing a PRS shirt and he asked me if I played one. I told him I had one of his models. He said that was cool. I told him that I have his DVD too. He asked me if I learned anything from it. I said, "I learned that my fingers don't move like yours." He laughed and said, "It just takes practice." They were all cool. Brian introduced himself to me, like I didn't know who he was. LOL

austin. 08-07-2009 07:34 PM

Hi, I'm Brian Marshall.

Your Response: Hi, I'm Myles Kennedy

rabidgopher04 08-07-2009 10:28 PM

Sounds like a rip if you only get to see them for like a minute and can't take your own pictures.

Jellybeans003 08-09-2009 01:00 PM

For $295, I don't expect too much.
Kiss charges $750 for their meet and greets. But, you get to bring your camera backstage and take as many pics with the band as you want and they also sign what ever you want them too. They have an official photographer that takes the pic with the band, also. I am going to do a Kiss meet and greet this year.

colbymercury 08-13-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got My Back?
I LOVED the VIP experience!

Got in to the amphitheater at 4:30. Got 3 drink tickets, and led to the party area. In the party area, you had your choice of beer, wine coolers (I think that's what they were), soda or water. They were cooking hot dogs on a grill. There were about 35-40 people in ours. We were taken to the merchandise stand for our crowd-free shopping and that was cool. We were then taken back to the party area for a while. Our party area was a picnic tent with about 10 round tables, so people pretty much paired up and talked. There was Creed playing from an Ipod stereo. We were then given our gift bags. They included a deck of Creed cards, a tank-top shirt (a "wife-beater"), a poster and a slightly smaller than 2 inch round Creed 2009 button. There is supposedly a hat that wasn't ready yet, and they are mailing those once they come in.

At 6PM, we were taken to a more secure area off to the side of the stage for the Meet and Greet. Each group of people (as per package order) got to go in for a minute or so and say hi, shake hands, hug, and get one picture taken with them. The VIP host takes the picture which will be posted on their site for download. You cannot use your camera, you can bring your camera for pictures at the show, but you just can't take it out at the M&G. They were not signing anything, it was billed as a M&G, but that was cool.

After everyone gets their turn, you go back to the party area for a raffle. They raffle off some Creed T-Shirts. Then, they lead you to the pit where you find your place and dig in for the night. I was lucky enough to aquire the site directly in front of where Tremonti does all his solos at the edge of the stage, so it was well, well, worth the money.

All in all, I really couldn't have asked for more.

I have been to probably about 50 meet and greets form KISS to Nickelback and everyone of them signed autographs. That is what is expected from the fans at a meet and greet especcially for the price they pay for the package. Shame on Creed if this continues, how many extra seconds does it take for them to sign.

colbymercury 08-13-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellybeans003
For $295, I don't expect too much.
Kiss charges $750 for their meet and greets. But, you get to bring your camera backstage and take as many pics with the band as you want and they also sign what ever you want them too. They have an official photographer that takes the pic with the band, also. I am going to do a Kiss meet and greet this year.

The KISS once if worth it. They will sign a ton of autographs for you, but it is quite short.

colbymercury 08-16-2009 01:17 AM

I wrote ILAA and they replied with "Creed will not be signing autographs on this tour". Nothing like goodwill with the fans. What a shame, who do they think they are. I will save my money for real bands that care about their fans like KISS. I guess it might ruin Scott's voice if he signs an autogragh for a person who just paid $300 for a ticket. Oh, I forgot his voice is already gone.

creedm1981 08-16-2009 01:33 AM

yeah thats pretty crappy... you come out to support these guys and cant even get a damn scribble on a piece of paper.. annoying.... and thats pretty plain stupid....... if i was an artist and my fans came id give them autographs galore......

Chris98GT 08-16-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedm1981
yeah thats pretty crappy... you come out to support these guys and cant even get a damn scribble on a piece of paper.. annoying.... and thats pretty plain stupid....... if i was an artist and my fans came id give them autographs galore......

If it's just a "scribble on a piece of paper," why do you even care?

BSC 08-16-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
If it's just a "scribble on a piece of paper," why do you even care?

Oh please shut up...

People who go to the VIP experience can take home that "scribble on a piece of paper" as something to remember that moment by, apart from a photo.

You really get on my nerves, surely if you paid all that much for a VIP experience you would want what you thought was your money's worth?

Why do you even care so much you have to be an asshole about it?

alitea 08-16-2009 08:48 AM

Sorry guys about the no autographs. I will say that the the other artist that I know about do not do autographs for 5 star VIP either. I think that the fear is that it would take too much time if they had to sign different things for everyone. I know it bites but I would be happy with a handshake or a hug from the guys :)

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-16-2009 09:53 AM

KISS cares about their fans? $750 for VIP?. Sounds like Gene Simmons was in charge of that promotion. Why are all 15 KISS fans on this board?

colbymercury 08-16-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alitea
Sorry guys about the no autographs. I will say that the the other artist that I know about do not do autographs for 5 star VIP either. I think that the fear is that it would take too much time if they had to sign different things for everyone. I know it bites but I would be happy with a handshake or a hug from the guys :)

It only takes 2 seconds to sign an autograph. That is how the big bands do it.

colbymercury 08-16-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
KISS cares about their fans? $750 for VIP?. Sounds like Gene Simmons was in charge of that promotion. Why are all 15 KISS fans on this board?

Maybe Creed would not have broke up in the first place if they were fan friendly. It is the same arrogance that made the fans turn against them, mostly Scott. I am a Creed fan and a KISS fan. By the way KISS has been around for 35 years and they can sign an autograph, why can't Creed?

Jellybeans003 08-16-2009 05:31 PM

As my hubby says,
"Bands should pay us for our time not the other way around."

Chris98GT 08-16-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSC
surely if you paid all that much for a VIP experience you would want what you thought was your money's worth?

Surely, I would never be stupid enough to pay for a meet & greet.

I met Alter Bridge once already. Price: $0

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-16-2009 09:39 PM

Get off this board with your KISS comparsion, Trent Reznor was right, KISS put make-up on everynight like clowns do, and entertained people. KISS my ass,they are old and greedy(Gene Simmons) goodbye!

colbymercury 08-16-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Get off this board with your KISS comparsion, Trent Reznor was right, KISS put make-up on everynight like clowns do, and entertained people. KISS my ass, they are old, goodbye!

Really. How many of today's bands can fill 20,000 seats everynight or will after 30 years. Hey smart guy, even Tremonti loves KISS you tool. You are mad because there will never be any Scott Stapp action figures for you to play with. It will be ok little buddy.

rabidgopher04 08-16-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colbymercury
By the way KISS has been around for 35 years and they can sign an autograph, why can't Creed?

Maybe it's not Creed's choice, but their management or label. There are a lot more people in control of this band than the artists themselves. I wish people on this board would take a chill pill and think before spouting off.

This board is becoming obnoxious. Someone is always complaining about something whether it's the new album (based on crappy concert videos and 30 second music clips of 1 friggin' song), the overpriced VIP crap, Scott's voice, or his hair.

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-16-2009 10:03 PM

Oh im a tool? because Tremonti likes KISS I should as well..Fuck you, get off this board..Why arent you on KISS's message board? Kiss must be not filling seats anymore because they are playing for American Idol, Gene Simmons has his own TV show and is promoting Dr. Pepper now. Nobody here cares about your Stupid KISS band, the best part in Detriot Rock City, "KISS SUCKS"

TeriB19 08-16-2009 10:26 PM

Play nice kids or the thread will be closed. We keep a nice, decent board, and we want it to stay that way.

nagpo 08-16-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Really. How many of today's bands can fill 20,000 seats everynight or will after 30 years. Hey smart guy, even Tremonti loves KISS you tool. You are mad because there will never be any Scott Stapp action figures for you to play with. It will be ok little buddy.

If anything...it sounds like kiss is an easy to promote, radio friendly sell out than a real rock band. Why the heck would anyone want a scott stapp ation figure? This isint the 80's and band members are not super heroes or idols. They are just people. Anyone that thinks otherwise are the true tools.

nagpo 08-16-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04
Maybe it's not Creed's choice, but their management or label. There are a lot more people in control of this band than the artists themselves. I wish people on this board would take a chill pill and think before spouting off.

This board is becoming obnoxious. Someone is always complaining about something whether it's the new album (based on crappy concert videos and 30 second music clips of 1 friggin' song), the overpriced VIP crap, Scott's voice, or his hair.

Agreed.

colbymercury 08-16-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Oh im a tool? because Tremonti likes KISS I should as well..Fuck you, get off this board..Why arent you on KISS's message board? Kiss must be not filling seats anymore because they are playing for American Idol, Gene Simmons has his own TV show and is promoting Dr. Pepper now. Nobody here cares about your Stupid KISS band, the best part in Detriot Rock City, "KISS SUCKS"

Nice language. Actual KISS is still selling out stadiums and arena's worldwide this year alone. Just because someone likes to make money then they must be a bad person. And you would not do the same thing. You are a liar if you say you would not. So you must be saying that Creed is not money hungry since they are doing this money grab tour right now. Creed must be giving all the proceeds to charity. Wake up...

colbymercury 08-16-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
If anything...it sounds like kiss is an easy to promote, radio friendly sell out than a real rock band. Why the heck would anyone want a scott stapp ation figure? This isint the 80's and band members are not super heroes or idols. They are just people. Anyone that thinks otherwise are the true tools.

You are right, Scott is just a normal person who can't sing anymore.

Dogstar 08-17-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Play nice kids or the thread will be closed. We keep a nice, decent board, and we want it to stay that way.

Chase 08-17-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Nice language. Actual KISS is still selling out stadiums and arena's worldwide this year alone. Just because someone likes to make money then they must be a bad person. And you would not do the same thing. You are a liar if you say you would not. So you must be saying that Creed is not money hungry since they are doing this money grab tour right now. Creed must be giving all the proceeds to charity. Wake up...

Gene Simmons is one of the most money hungry rock stars out there.

nagpo 08-17-2009 01:43 AM

Guys...lets settle down. This thread is going in a wrong direction. Lets get back on topic.

Chris98GT 08-17-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Gene Simmons is one of the most money hungry rock stars out there.

He's in his own league.

KISS coffins. Nuff said.

creedm1981 08-17-2009 10:47 AM

no he is not in his own league.. kiss is overrated hands down. creed kicks their butts when it comes to lyrics.... kiss is just a bunch of men in costumes singing crap... they had a few hits but their meanings sucked....... as for gene simmons voice he has?? no way.......

colbymercury 08-17-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedm1981
no he is not in his own league.. kiss is overrated hands down. creed kicks their butts when it comes to lyrics.... kiss is just a bunch of men in costumes singing crap... they had a few hits but their meanings sucked....... as for gene simmons voice he has?? no way.......

I guess that is why KISS has sold over 100 million albums and are still filling 20,000 seaters worldwide everynight. Creed will not be around 25 years from now let alone 10 years from now. I love Creed, but this is about the giving a little back to their fans. Especially when they have been looked on as a joke for the last 6 years, mainly because of Stapp. This is about Creed thinking they are above signing autographs. This is not the I Love All Access tour with special guest Creed. The Ebay hounds are not going to pay $300 to meet them and turn around and sell the autograph for less, the fans are going to pay to have a chance to meet them. They are nothing without the fans.

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-17-2009 01:48 PM

^ why do you keep repeating the same thing on all your posts? We get your point your upset, KISS is the best thing since slice bread, now can you go back posting with the rest of the geezers on the KISS boards. Thanks.

skyguy86 08-17-2009 01:55 PM

can we just stop talking about KISS? There are lovers and haters for that band, just like there are for Creed. Creed fans know better than anyone that haters are going to hate and nothing will change. So can we please agree to disagree?

colbymercury 08-17-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

^ why do you keep repeating the same thing on all your posts? We get your point your upset, KISS is the best thing since slice bread, now can you go back posting with the rest of the geezers on the KISS boards. Thanks.

I repeat myself because you are too stupid to get it the first time. You should have stayed in school and left your mom's basement. When I see you tomarrow don't forget to ask if I would like fries with that.

Chris98GT 08-17-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Fucking noobs.

creedm1981 08-18-2009 01:06 AM

thats how good creed is... even kiss fans hate on them hahahahha funny............ why dont you go back to the 70's you idiots who keep bashing creed.... why do you even come on the board if you just want to entertain your loneliness and anger........ grow up already..... kiss sure has with potbellys and a long tongue to KISS our butts hahahhah