CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed to Record New Single?! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13107)

Dark_Knight 05-05-2010 02:46 AM

Creed to Record New Single?!

Someone posted this over on ABB.net, hopefully it's true but it's from April 27th so who knows.

http://www.razor947.com/music/music_.../58c526f2b2c3/
Quote:

Creed are planning to return to the studio to record another single to help support their upcoming summer tour, which kicks off in late July. Guitarist Mark Tremonti told us before their appearance on The Tonight Show last Friday that he'd be meeting with producer Howard Benson the next day to offer up some musical ideas. He says there are no titles yet, but that he expects the new song to be added to their Full Circle album before the tour.

nagpo 05-05-2010 02:51 AM

Re: Creed to Record New Single?!

Awesome. I hope it's true.

"the new song to be added to their Full Circle album before the tour."

They're going to add a song to the album?

BSC 05-05-2010 10:53 AM

I expect it'll be a B-side, still, that's good with me. New material or un-released material is always welcome

TrulyAmazing 05-05-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSC
I expect it'll be a B-side, still, that's good with me. New material or un-released material is always welcome

it dont matter new creed stuff is always welcome i agree wit ya.....:jam: :crest: :crest: pressing on

XALTERBRIDGEX 05-05-2010 01:56 PM

Can't wait to hear some new Creed! I hope EROCK is apart of this new "song"!

Agent D 05-05-2010 05:54 PM

They don't want to play more than five sings off of Full Circle but they want to record an entirely new single to play on tour. Lol so weird.

rabidgopher04 05-05-2010 10:20 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense to release a song from the album? It's almost like they don't believe in the songs they already wrote.

Tremontiriffs77 05-06-2010 08:23 AM

I got to be honest with you I enjoyed Full Circle because I got to hear the guys again but after listening to it on and off for the past few months I can really see why they would want to do another single. The biggest problem with full circle was that it was rushed..Lyrics were crammed into songs and it felt very unpolished, Benson's production value sucked, and they were really all over the place on the cd..Overcome was undoubtedly the best song on the CD and really the only one which had a semblemce of classic creed grunge sound..I think they should have gone back to their roots and made this a real comparison to MOP instead this AB/Stapp tanked..I really hate saying it but its the truth..Why is it that every Creed cd gets softer and gayer??Yeah Full circle has its brightspots but they are few and far in between..I want to see Mark and Stapp write more songs like overcome and less like rain and Away in silence..Bulletts shows the potential that the band has and are capable of but instead they choose to crank out commericalized crap by a crap producer..regardless of his credentials Id prefer their classic sound with a little more emphasis on killer shreds and solos my Mark..I have faith that Creed can regain its status as an elite band but they must first find themselves again instead of trying to be something they are not..

Buried And Gone 05-06-2010 10:54 AM

I think they probably want to use Scott's newly found singing ability to their advantage. I think they should just re-record the entire album now that Scott may actually be able to reclaim his title has best singer on the god damn planet. Scott's vocals on Full Circle aren't very good. Better than most other rock bands, but still not very good and it's a damn shame. I agree with tremontiriffs though. I hope they take more time on Creed V and make it sound more like Human Clay as opposed to Alter Bridge rejects with vocals from the formerly greatest singer on the planet. And stay the hell away from howard bensen. I want them to go back to John or work with Nick R or Elvis Baskette.

TheGreatDivide 05-06-2010 12:43 PM

I agree with Buried Alive and TremontiRiffs... I think A Thousand Faces is the best song on the album, but thats not the point. I saw the video of Scott and Eric singing WAWO and yes his voice is finally coming back :) I like the album but like it was previously said they should have started back at their roots and went with a MOP mood. I totally agree that they should have stayed with John since day one of this new album. As for Elvis, i think that should be AB's just look at Blackbird awesome album. Even Stapp said they started back at Torn. We'll just have to wait and see what comes about, in the end given enough time and right choices made by Stapp, Creed can reclaim their title.

nagpo 05-06-2010 02:17 PM

I don't fully agree with you guys. I thought Full Circle was a pretty good album. Some of it's songs were a little dull, like Good Fight. But overall it was a fun experience.

I have a few criticisms of the album though. Most of the songs were not about issues that people deal with in life or about problems that people face, such as a moral struggle and such. It was a very commercial album, very easy to listen to. It is interesting that they took such a easy route with a reunion album. Especially when you look at there first album they debuted with, MOP. MOP was an album that said something. It covered many areas of life that people can relate to.

I also didn't like the way the songs were formatted. I've said this before too. Each song kind of followed the same formula. It's like they wrote each song based off a guide on "How to be successful in todays music scene."...which they aren't.

It didin't feel/sound like a Creed album. I would like them to drop Benson and get back with their original producer. Of which they had great success with.

And really, Creed has been doing some stupid stuff lately. It's like they don't care about Full Circle. They're supposed to be promoting the new album. But all they play is WAWO and Higher. It's like they have no integrity as a band to say "Fuck you guys. This is our new stuff. Like it or not were playing it. I'm tired of playing WAWO for the thousandth time."

They still have potential. But I don't think they take Creed that seriously any more.

Dark_Knight 05-06-2010 02:26 PM

^You do realize they only had a few months to put this album together right? If you were expecting an album like HC or MOP then you had your expectations way too high.

nagpo 05-06-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
^You do realize they only had a few months to put this album together right? If you were expecting an album like HC or MOP then you had your expectations way too high.

So I should expect a rushed, half-assed album from my favorite band? They only had a couple months because they chose to accept that amount of time. What, was Wind-up going to drop there most successful act? I don't think so. If they wanted a year, they could have easily said "Creed will be back in one year with Full Circle."

Dark_Knight 05-06-2010 03:24 PM

It wasn't half-anything... they did their best & put their heart & soul into it, so take it or leave it. I feel it's it an overall incredible album.

Agent D 05-06-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
And really, Creed has been doing some stupid stuff lately. It's like they don't care about Full Circle. They're supposed to be promoting the new album. But all they play is WAWO and Higher. It's like they have no integrity as a band to say "Fuck you guys. This is our new stuff. Like it or not were playing it. I'm tired of playing WAWO for the thousandth time."

They are an incredibly mismanaged band. They've been that way since day one. You'd think they would've learned by now, since they are veterans. But to allow themselves to be pushed around and forced to play eight-year-old songs that most people don't want to hear anymore, especially with a new album out. It's just so embarrassing. I'm tired of having to be embarrassed to be a fan of this band lol.

Quote:

It wasn't half-anything... they did their best & put their heart & soul into it, so take it or leave it. I feel it's it an overall incredible album.

They put their hearts and souls into it...but it was also rushed. Haha you can't have it both ways, sorry.

Of course, I love Full Circle so I'm not really complaining. I wish it would get a little more promotion as I alluded to.

Dark_Knight 05-06-2010 11:41 PM

Tell that to Mark & Scott's faces then lol I believe they put their all into it with the time they had.

Agent D 05-06-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Tell that to Mark & Scott's faces then lol I believe they put their all into it with the time they had.

Haha I'd also show Mark my copy of Guitar World where he and the guys say verbatim that they'd never ever reunite Creed, at any price. But that's another issue I guess...

"With the time they had..." What the hell was the rush?

Dark_Knight 05-07-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Haha I'd also show Mark my copy of Guitar World where he and the guys say verbatim that they'd never ever reunite Creed, at any price. But that's another issue I guess...

"With the time they had..." What the hell was the rush?

Dude they have ANOTHER BAND & ANOTHER LABEL to tend to. It's not like they had 3 years to put an album together... and also an album doesn't take that long to make, that's the misconception that many people have.

Agent D 05-07-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Dude they have ANOTHER BAND & ANOTHER LABEL to tend to. It's not like they had 3 years to put an album together... and also an album doesn't take that long to make, that's the misconception that many people have.

Then don't frickin' reunite your old band!!! No one wanted it and no one asked for it, as evidenced by the lack of a response. But all that's fine, as it's a good album and what's done is done. That's not even my main problem with them. But the album you so vehemently keep saying they "put their hearts and souls into", they can't even be bothered to properly support by actually performing songs from that album. Most of the blame I guess goes to Wind-Up for that, as it's nothing new. It goes back years and years with them. But I'm tired of just absolving the band of responsibility of it. One of the caveats to reuniting should've been them making some demands for some real support from Wind-Up instead of the usual nonsense.

Creed009 05-07-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Then don't frickin' reunite your old band!!! No one wanted it and no one asked for it, as evidenced by the lack of a response. But all that's fine, as it's a good album and what's done is done. That's not even my main problem with them. But the album you so vehemently keep saying they "put their hearts and souls into", they can't even be bothered to properly support by actually performing songs from that album. Most of the blame I guess goes to Wind-Up for that, as it's nothing new. It goes back years and years with them. But I'm tired of just absolving the band of responsibility of it. One of the caveats to reuniting should've been them making some demands for some real support from Wind-Up instead of the usual nonsense.

Wow. And you're supposedly a Creed fan? With fans like that, who needs critics? I think I'll go back over to ABB net where the people are actually more supportive of Creed. Lol.

Tremontiriffs77 05-07-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed009
Wow. And you're supposedly a Creed fan? With fans like that, who needs critics? I think I'll go back over to ABB net where the people are actually more supportive of Creed. Lol.

Noone doubts Creeds ability to be a successful band again but their management hacked this thing up from the start..6 months to write, record, mix, and rehearse for a tour dont allow all too much time for creativity which was evident in the songs on the album...I can think of four or five off the top of my head that just sound incomplete and thrown together..A few songs withstanding the album really lacked the punch that earlier Creed albums had..The mood on this album was really dull..Overcome had a great run on radio and was probably the closest to the Creed we remember..My problem with this band is simple..They need to man up...Drop their management, producer and possibly label and start over..As a rock fan I can tell when a band goes all out on an album..Full Circle did not have that feel to me..It felt rushed and forced and led to the production of less than stellar material..Some of the lyrics in the songs sound repetive of what was in other songs on the album..Scotts lyrics usually solid really didnt live up to what hes done in the past on this CD..Your a f'n rock and roll band man..get your edge back..stop writing poppy music trying to please the top forty crowd and just be your freakin selves..Play your new songs..I really feel the guys wish they could go back and redo the whole album..If theyre not willing to play new material on tv then they obviously regret forcing things..They already want to record a new song..I say..Move on..take time on Creed V and make it a "Creed" album and nothing else..Because as a fan of my favorite band I want nothing else...

Creed009 05-07-2010 09:18 AM

I just disagree. I think that Full Circle is their best album other than Human Clay. I can actually listen to the CD from beginning to end without skipping any songs. I can't say the same about My Own Prison and Weathered. They aren't going to have as many big hits off of this album, but overall I think the album is more solid than MOP or Weathered.

TrulyAmazing 05-07-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

I just disagree. I think that Full Circle is their best album other than Human Clay. I can actually listen to the CD from beginning to end without skipping any songs. I can't say the same about My Own Prison and Weathered. They aren't going to have as many big hits off of this album, but overall I think the album is more solid than MOP or Weathered.

i wont bother hearing or playing anything i have to skip thats why i find it hard getting into new bands and so forth all though i found a few i liked everybody is gotta fave and with creed if you are not a fan of the older stuff you,ll learn to like it better in time, as all good stuff does LETS PRESS ON :crest: :rockon: great summer tour to look foward to, And a new single as well

Odetolife 05-07-2010 10:31 AM

If they do record a new song I'm sure it'll be awesome. Everybody has their own opinions about full circle. But can't we just be happy they're back? I mean Cmon guys? God bless creed. Can't wait to hear the new single!

TrulyAmazing 05-07-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odetolife
If they do record a new song I'm sure it'll be awesome. Everybody has their own opinions about full circle. But can't we just be happy they're back? I mean Cmon guys? God bless creed. Can't wait to hear the new single!

well one things for sure when creed, puts out something your going to expect creed and nothing more GOD BLESS You Too ...:rockon: while we are at God Bless Us all :laugh:

Agent D 05-07-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

I am a fan of their music, not of how they market themselves or do things. It's always been kind of amateurish. And I blame their manager and Wind-Up for that. Why Creed continues to listen to these people is beyond me.

Buried And Gone 05-07-2010 02:59 PM

@tremontiriffs - I doubt Creed's ability to become a major success again. Creed's genre is over. and if i'm not mistaken the only band to ever reunite and come into a great amount of success with their albums released after the reunion is Aerosmith.

I think both Agent D and Jared make valid points. Creed IS mismanaged. Tremonti IS in it for the benjamins. If somebody can't see that then you're blinded by pure fanboyism. The reunion tour and Full circle never should have happened until this year. Given the fact that last year they had a singer that couldn't sing and an album made up of songs that weren't written for it.

But, Stapp certainly did give it his all, and I really don't understand the bitching about them playing 5 full circle songs. name me another band with 4 albums that plays 5 new songs of the new album aside from metallica? 5 songs from full circle is about 20-25 minutes of music, not to mention the talking in between songs. so about half an hour of an hour and a half long set is from the new album. Whats so bad about that? and people saying they shouldn't play higher or WAWO. Picture a van halen concert where they don't play jump. an iron maiden concert where they don't play Run to the hills. a metallica concert where they don't play enter sandman.

But i wll say that this blind following of Tremonti is absolutely crazy. The man is an AMAZING guitar player and a pretty cool dude but he clearly doesn't give a rats ass about Creed or maintaining the legacy of one of the best selling bands of this century. He was in the metallica, the led zepplin of the 2000's and doesn't give a shit about furthering that band. All he cares about is Alter Bridge a band that plays too about 800 -1000 people a night. I would say that to his face btw. I actually sent a question or two about this too him with his fret 12 interview and he didn't answer them.

Dark_Knight 05-07-2010 03:49 PM

Well I never said Creed was well managed lol it's evident their label has no idea what they're doing but I don't believe they threw this album together to just earn some bucks & again I dare ANYONE to say that to their faces. I'm sure the money is good but believe me the guys care about what they're doing, if you've met them you know what I mean...they're not that type of Rockstars.

Creed009 05-07-2010 05:49 PM

According to Forbes magazine Tremonti's net worth is in the tens of millions. He doesn't need any more money. That isn't why Creed reunited. He even said in an interview once that he bought a whole bunch of "pinball machines" with the money he has. That doesn't exactly sound like a guy who wants to live large. Tremonti has said numerous times that he doesn't care about the money, so you're calling Tremonti a bold faced liar. The guy has more integrity than that.

nagpo 05-07-2010 09:17 PM

I wish Creed interacted more with their fans. It'd be great to see one of the members of the band on ABB or creedfeed arguing with us.

Agent D 05-07-2010 09:51 PM

I'm not even trying to say they're bad guys, it's just the decision-making that burns me up. Full Circle is indeed a terrific album, it just seems like Wind-Up doesn't want to make the general public aware of it.

Buried And Gone 05-07-2010 10:38 PM

Oh, I wasn't saying you said that Jared. I was stating what I agreed with Agent D about then what I agreed with you about. I agree they put a lot of effort into it, but I certainly wouldn't say it all. It's also not that impressive that they pulled it together in two months considering very little of it was written for that album. Tremonti has said numerous times that Full Circle was mostly riffs he had lying around for a year or more and poetry Scott had from hiatus. But I do agree that it's crazy how many people think making an album is a really hard thing to do. It doesn't take much time at all. Especially if you're as productive as Tremonti.

@Creed009 - There is NO way Mark Tremonti has that much money. NO way. I have also NEVER heard him say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for the money, he made a joke about the fact that they were being paid a lot of money, but whenever he was asked why they got back together I noticed Stapp jumped in and answered it for him. If Tremonti did say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for money then yes, I am calling him a bald faced liar. But it's fanboys like you that piss me off because they act that it's supream blasphemy. If you go on ABB.net and call Stapp an alcoholic you will have tons of people agreeing with you, why? Because Stapp IS an alcoholic. You go on ABB.net and call Tremonti a sell out they will all SHIT THEIR PANTS out of pure rage and flame you till no end. But the thing is, Tremonti did agree to do a tour and play songs that he CLEARLY had no intrest in playing with a person he pretty obviously didn't really like. Atleast Stapp is honest about and has fixed his problem.

Agent D 05-07-2010 10:46 PM

Well, Tremo's not a sellout, obviously. I think anyone who says that is an idiot. And the effort is there, he is a professional after all and he loves what he does. It's just that he was so adamant about not reuniting and then all of a sudden, he and the others had a change of heart. But Full Circle is too good to just call it a cashgrab.

Buried And Gone 05-08-2010 12:42 AM

Explain how he is not a sell out. Adding obviously to the end of your opinion does not make it fact and certainly doesn't disprove the other arguement. If tremo cared so much about that album why didn't he wait for Stapp to get better before recording it. Or actually writting music specifically for that album. Full Circle is a good album. But listen to it right after listening to HC and then say tremo did his best.

Dark_Knight 05-08-2010 02:40 AM

^Stapp's vocal woes started right before the tour started, not while they were recording & according to Scott it was his idea to do the album. In my opinion you guys are insane lol we're way too spoiled by these guys... so much great new music & a ton of touring to go along with it.

BSC 05-08-2010 04:54 AM

Wait a minute... Tremonti doesn't care about Creed?

Is this forum filled with mind readers now? You don't know Mark's intentions with Creed, you probably won't ever find out, so stop pretending you do. Sure, this could all be for cash, but we don't know that, or he could feel passionate about it.. Once again, we don't know that.

Creed009 05-08-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone
Oh, I wasn't saying you said that Jared. I was stating what I agreed with Agent D about then what I agreed with you about. I agree they put a lot of effort into it, but I certainly wouldn't say it all. It's also not that impressive that they pulled it together in two months considering very little of it was written for that album. Tremonti has said numerous times that Full Circle was mostly riffs he had lying around for a year or more and poetry Scott had from hiatus. But I do agree that it's crazy how many people think making an album is a really hard thing to do. It doesn't take much time at all. Especially if you're as productive as Tremonti.

@Creed009 - There is NO way Mark Tremonti has that much money. NO way. I have also NEVER heard him say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for the money, he made a joke about the fact that they were being paid a lot of money, but whenever he was asked why they got back together I noticed Stapp jumped in and answered it for him. If Tremonti did say that he didn't do the Creed reunion for money then yes, I am calling him a bald faced liar. But it's fanboys like you that piss me off because they act that it's supream blasphemy. If you go on ABB.net and call Stapp an alcoholic you will have tons of people agreeing with you, why? Because Stapp IS an alcoholic. You go on ABB.net and call Tremonti a sell out they will all SHIT THEIR PANTS out of pure rage and flame you till no end. But the thing is, Tremonti did agree to do a tour and play songs that he CLEARLY had no intrest in playing with a person he pretty obviously didn't really like. Atleast Stapp is honest about and has fixed his problem.

http://www.wmms.com/pages/maxwellondemand/

Here is the Cleveland interview where Tremonti states it's not about the money. He's stated that over and over again. I'm still looking for the Forbes article. But there's no doubt that the guy is rich when you look at his house. To say that Tremonti was somehow broke when Creed reunited is just ludicrous. Most people don't go out and blow millions of dollars, especially not Tremonti. And I guess you meant that Stapp is a "former alcoholic."

Creed009 05-08-2010 10:11 AM

I guess that interview isn't on the page anymore, but I'm sure that most people on this board remember that infamous interview.

Buried And Gone 05-08-2010 12:46 PM

@Jared - His vocal problems started in december. Atleast from what i could tell. I also found his vocal performance on Full Circle to be VERY subpar. I love stapp don't get me wrong, i've stuck up for him plenty of times to AB fanboys tearing him apart, but his voice was pretty bad. But I do agree that the guys, Mark especially is pretty much the most productive man in music at this point in time.

@BSC - So you can't say anything unless it is absolute fact? So you can say that Stapp still gets drunk and without anybody knowing him here can't say he doesn't? Of course not. It is safe to assume that Tremonti's loyalties lie with Myles and Alter Bridge. See him hang out with Myles and he is nothing but smilies and loving every second. See him hang out with Stapp and he really doesn't look like he cares too much. I would say the only reason he cares about Creed is the money it brings. Ofcourse he cares enough to make good songs because he doesn't want to have his name on a bad album. But to have him do 1 tour to support it and already talking about alter bridge and their year and a half tour coming up and B-sides EP it's pretty obvious what he cares about.

@Creed009- 1). Never said Tremo was broke, just that he did the tour for MORE money. Isn't it also common knowledge that Alter Bridge was in Debt to Universal after Blackbird? 2). Did he say why he did it? So he could play Higher again? The only perks that i've heard him say about doing the Creed reunion was having his own bus and playing to large crowds again. 3). Nice try, an alcoholic is never not an alcoholic, he just becomes an alcoholic that stops drinking. An alcoholic is somebody who is addicted to alcohol which Stapp is, but he has conquered his demons and is now a much better person because of it.

rabidgopher04 05-08-2010 03:04 PM

Gotta love it. This is what Creed fans have been all about for a long time - constant infighting.

Maybe they band should have stayed apart.