CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   can someone help me out?(creed related) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5346)

hide 12-25-2003 10:09 PM

can someone help me out?(creed related)

at another board the topic of worst singers live came up, anyhow someone has seen Creed 3 times and each time was let down by Stapp's voice. I have told him that he is great most of the time and gave him some links to some of the better files at tremonti.net. Can someone give me some links to some killer Creed live be it audio or video?

I would love the Torn video
Higher on Letterman
Riders on the Storm at Woodstock
and anything else that shows him/her that those experiences weren't indicative of Creed/Stapp in general.

thanks in advance!

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-25-2003 10:14 PM

Maybe that certian person just has a problem with CREED??????????

Dogstar 12-25-2003 11:01 PM

Oh, man, I have seen him four times and he was right on for three of those shows. There was one show (Penn State 11/19/02) where he had a little trouble, but it was still a kick-ass show. I don't have links to those shows, but I have some bootlegs from the Human Clay tour and from the Weathered tour where he was awesome live...Camden in February of 2002 comes to mind. Live in Lafayette, forget which tour. but his version of Faceless Man is beeeeautiful.

facelessman 12-26-2003 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
Maybe that certian person just has a problem with CREED??????????

thats what im thinkin

Steve 12-26-2003 10:43 AM

I've seen the band about 8 or 9 times, first time being in July 3, 1998 and I *can* clearly hear how his voice has deteriorated. Even on bootlegs this can be determined. His voice was the best back in 1998. Towards the end of 1999 and into 2000 he started having problems with his throat, which really haven't stopped. In many of the shows from 2000 he was offkey (or that's how it sounded) in many different songs. It still wasn't that bad, but you can compare these to 1998 shows and really hear a difference.

JulieCitySlicker 12-26-2003 03:32 PM

I thought he sounded good when they did Weathered for the Billboard Music Awards ;) :D

bgivens33 12-26-2003 04:39 PM

I would have to agree about his voice deteriorating... and... don't crucify me for saying this, but he truly does remind me way to much of vedder while singing. But none the less, they do put on a good live show... well, the earlier ones I attended.

Dogstar 12-26-2003 04:47 PM

Yes, I do think his voice has suffered over the years. The earlier bootlegs are unreal, but he still had some killer shows on the Weathered Tour...Cincinnati in August of last year ruled. Another great version of Faceless Man in that show.

Bridge of Clay 12-26-2003 07:51 PM

I'd "kill" for a decent bootleg version of Penn State 11/19/02 ! I got just a part of Say I at this concert, but there's so much noise you can't hear the guitar work or Stapp's voice.

I agree with Steve. Stapp's voice was much more powerful back in the late 90's... but I still think he has a great voice! I think this break will do good for him. Hopefully he learned how to sing from his diafragm as well! :) no harm intended!

Although there's the acoustic version of One... I think Stapp had a flu or something and his voice totally fades, but he put so much emotion on it that made it awesome! ok, exagerated a bit, but it's still cool! :)

mamm1234 12-26-2003 08:15 PM

Can't imagine why anybody would want a bootleg of Penn State or how it could be considered kick ass. I was at the rail and believe me, there were major problems including Scott repeatedly kicking over the speakers in his anger. (they finally stopped picking them up because he would just go over and kick them down again). The excuse about the sound system was bs, imo.

I remember clearly feeling very apprehensive and thinking, they don't need these security guards to protect Scott from us, we may need them to protect us from him. Nuf said but this is true.

A whole lot more happened but out of the 6 shows I did attend last tour (Richmond and Camden being totally awesome imo), Stapp at Penn State, and I would have to say Creed in general totally dissed the fans. Maybe about 30 mins of good music the whole night? Five of the shows were kick ass.

A very sad night indeed.

Dogstar 12-26-2003 08:20 PM

Quote:

Stapp at Penn State, and I would have to say Creed in general totally dissed the fans. Maybe about 30 mins of good music the whole night? Five of the shows were kick ass.

I disagree that the rest of Creed dissed the fans. Mark blew an amp right off the bat, as I recall, which messed things up mightily. The power did go off for 15 or 20 minutes, and Scott's mic wasn't working half the time. I was on the rail, too, and I thought he was trying to make the show go on despite all the technical problems. I think the mellowness of the crowd at first also turned him off, though. I do recall him saying the place needed to wake the f*ck up. :D. But I think Flip (who did a kick-ass drum solo, I think) and Mark and Brett did their best to keep the show going. The setlist was cut short, I believe, too.

WeatheredWoman 12-26-2003 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgivens33
and... don't crucify me for saying this, but he truly does remind me way to much of vedder while singing.

The reason why I prefer to listen to Scott's voice : It's deeper, warmer and rougher... the way Scott sings sounds more natural to me! His voice really does something 2 me :D

Eddie sings deep but his voice isn't that deep... It sounds more forced... and what I don't like in Eddie's voice is his "vibrato"... it nerves me!!!

Dogstar 12-26-2003 08:51 PM

I love Ed's vibrato and the emotion he brings to the music. Both of them are wonderful, though I think Ed has a bit more range.

mamm1234 12-26-2003 08:55 PM

The show was supposed to start at 7:30. NO ONE FROM CREED had the decency to come out and tell the crowd that the first band didn't show up. At 8, the 2nd opening band came out and played for 1/2 hour. They told us the reason for the delay.

We then waited for over an hour for Creed to come on and NO ONE FROM CREED had the decency to tell anyone what was going on. They finally came out after 9:30 and yes after about 5 minutes Scott starts with what the fuck is going on and leaves the stage refusing to come back out until everyone in the arena is standing. (these are ppl that have been waiting patiently for over 2 hours).

So, dogstar, if you were on the rail you also were standing for about 5 hours at that point and let me tell you all the ppl on Brett's side were VERY PISSED OFF AT SCOTT. Maybe he was mad because the arena was 1/2 empty but me thinks there was a lot more going on.

After they went off stage before Hide, they play the intro video (which they always do) and the band does NOT come back out (like they always do) The video stops and we are standing in the dark. Again NO ONE FROM CREED has the decency to come out and let the fans know what was going on. After awhile the announcer comes on to say that the show is delayed because of technical problems. RIGHT!! So we stand and wait some more. And that's why I say Creed, not just Scott was responsible, no one gave the fans any courtesies that night.

And on and on. Scott did hit his stride for about 30 mins about 10;30 (kicking speakers over all the while) but that was about it.

If you were on the rail you know then that Scott had major issues which I won't go into here. We suspected something which perhaps in the end, turned out to be true. There were a lot of very angry fans that night. The lady next to me had never seen Creed before and she asked me if Scott was always that arrogant. Of course I said no but we were all left speechless by his behavior.

I was fortunate to have seen them other times but for anybody who hadn't seen them before, they lost a lot of fans that night. I seriously thought they would do a fan appreciation show, it was so bad.

So hopefully, the rest will do them all good and they will come back stronger and better then ever. Because in my heart and soul. I believe we will see Creed again.

mamm1234 12-26-2003 09:02 PM

As to PJ, I love Eddie's voice also.

IMO, Scott and Eddie both have awesome, but very different voices. I could listen to either of both forever, I never get tired of their vocals. Very different ranges and styles.

I admire Eddie's philosophy, his dedication to fans, his social consciousness and his determination to shun the typical media demans and just do things his way.

And unlike Creed, PJ was totally sold out this past year even though Riot Act was far from their best album (I love it though). A lot of bands could learn from PJ.

However, there is nothing like Creed lyrics and songs and albums.

WeatheredWoman 12-26-2003 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I love Ed's vibrato and the emotion he brings to the music. Both of them are wonderful, though I think Ed has a bit more range.

Ok that's your personal flavour! Everyone has his own... luckily!! Otherwise it would be a very boring world... wouldn't it? ;)

Dogstar 12-26-2003 09:07 PM

Well, mamm1234, I WAS on the rail, on Mark's side, and most people, save a few, were taking the whole thing in stride, at least the people near me. One woman was upset that he was swearing because she had her son with her who was about 12, and yeah, a few people were like, WTF? I know what issues you are talking about, so why don't you lose your own arrogant tone, thank you. Sheesh...And wasn't the intro video to Whose Got My Back? I thought the video was for that one, not Hide, but I could be wrong. And the announcer came on to say there was a power outage.

Dogstar 12-26-2003 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Ok that's your personal flavour! Everyone has his own... luckily!! Otherwise it would be a very boring world... wouldn't it? ;)

LOL, very true, WeatheredWoman. :D

WeatheredWoman 12-26-2003 09:12 PM

Quote:

LOL, very true, WeatheredWoman. :D

Allrighty then ! :hugs:

:D

mamm1234 12-26-2003 09:23 PM

You're right dogstar, I'm sorry if I'm coming on too strong but that show still hits a sore spot with me.I rarely talk about it because I just don't like talking crap about Creed because I love them too much.

One of the other reasons I say all of Creed (including or maybe mostly management)is too blame for a lot of what happened last fall was because they were still adding shows after the cancellations because of Scott's voice.

So when I saw they added State College, I was a little apprehensive but trusted Creed that everything was OK. Why else would they be adding shows. For me State college meant taking off from work, and the expenses of staying overnight. So it was a very expensive show for me. And don't forget how the night started out. it was freezing and raining and the first hint something was wrong was when they delayed opening the doors to let us in. (Those of us with GA tickets and who were outside turning to ice cubes)

But you know what, even after that, I went to Philly (another show that was added and also had to spend the night because I love these guys so much.

Dogstar 12-26-2003 09:50 PM

Apology accepted, mamm1234 :). I, too, stayed overnight and spent quite a bit and froze my a** off waiting outside, LOL. I don't know, having been to so many concerts over the years, I have seen far worse than what happened at Penn State, so I guess it didn't faze me much. Plus, they at least finished what they could of the show. I can understand your frustration. But, hey, at least it wasn't as bad as Chicago. Hey, and Philly more than made up for Penn State, though :D...

I agree that management did Creed a disservice by adding so many shows. I think that was the second or third show in PA on the Weathered tour, so maybe people had had their fill. Dunno, but I wouldn't expect a band to actually keep people informed of delays and such because they are usually trying to prepare for the show. I would think the promoters or management or someone at the venue would have that responsibility, but who knows?

hide 12-27-2003 05:28 AM

can't anyone help me? surely some of you guys must have a at least some of the files I listed. this guy/girl i'm talking about i think was a big fan of Creed because after one "bad" peformance they went back not just once but twice. Sounds like one of the people mamm described who was turned off but I think could still possibly be turned around.

About the comparsions between Eddie's and Scott's voices honestly its a huge honour for Scott's voice to be compared to Ed's. Ed was the one who made the Jim Morrison esque baritone popular in the early 90's and many have been accused of copying his style. If you have "Lost Dogs" you will see Eddie's big range in such songs as "Sad", "Fatal" and "Otherside." He didn't really get that range until No Code so I think we can give Scott some time with that. There were signs in Weathered that this is happening eg:WGMB, Hide, Don't Stop Dancing, and of course Lullaby. You compare Torn and Lullaby there is some serious range there.

Dogstar 12-27-2003 05:52 AM

Hide, the bootlegs I have are on CD, so I don't have them in mp3 format and I don't know how to get them to that format. I also don't know how to set them up so that people could download them, other than through Kazaa or something. I also have dial-up, which is slow as molasses. Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to help and share.

hide 12-27-2003 05:56 AM

Quote:

Hide, the bootlegs I have are on CD, so I don't have them in mp3 format and I don't know how to get them to that format. I also don't know how to set them up so that people could download them, other than through Kazaa or something. I also have dial-up, which is slow as molasses. Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to help and share.

thats cool i'm sure what to suggest, but there must be some dudes here with heaps of mp3's up on their comps.

Joge78 12-28-2003 09:38 PM

I love Scott's voice, Eddie's voice and Bono's voice and Nickleback's voice.

bgivens33 12-28-2003 10:16 PM

I wasn't really comparing Stapps and Vedders vocal style(although they are similar)..... I was more or less saying that Stapp reminds me of Vedder on stage. They both have a similar stage presence. Oh by the way.... I LOVE Bono's voice as well... along with James from Metallica.... both very distinct voices. And then there's Keenan :) :)

Dogstar 12-28-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:

I wasn't really comparing Stapps and Vedders vocal style(although they are similar)..... I was more or less saying that Stapp reminds me of Vedder on stage. They both have a similar stage presence. Oh by the way.... I LOVE Bono's voice as well... along with James from Metallica.... both very distinct voices. And then there's Keenan :) :)

All of them ROCK! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaynard!!! :D

WeatheredWoman 12-28-2003 10:48 PM

Yup ! :rockon:

Would love 2 see them ALL 2gether on stage... LIVE !!!

:jam: :jam: :jam:

bgivens33 12-29-2003 03:16 AM

Quote:

All of them ROCK! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaynard!!! :D

ok, that's it... me and you are going on a date.... are you free friday night??

Dogstar 12-29-2003 04:26 AM

Quote:

ok, that's it... me and you are going on a date.... are you free friday night??

LOL, too funny!!! I'm totally obsessed with Maynard/Tool/APC right now. Just can't get enough of them!!!

Frankie 12-29-2003 08:27 AM

I'm a bit late entering the PSU discussion...but I hold a soft spot in my heart for PSU Scott and feel like I should say something. I also have it on DVD and have watched it again and again.
Scott worked his butt off that night battling a dead crowd and excessive equipment problems.
The crowd was awful that night...having been lulled to sleep by the opening act. I had been to 5 shows before PSU and and never seen anything like the audience on that night.
The equipment problem was real...mark's guitars went out at the beginning of Freedom Fighter...the 2nd song of the night. Scott kept things going by talking to the crowd and encouraging Flip to "give us something."
Scott never swore until the middle of What If (and that was the one and ONLY time he used the "f" word)...and that was after singing the whole beginning verse...without mark playing...as his guitar went out again.
When Scott left the stage...BEGGING the crowd to stand up...he wasn't pouting...he could be seen off stage smiling and laughing...trying to get the crowd alive. He came right back out...did an amazing performance of Say I and continued on. He kicked the speaker...twice...count 'em...only twice...not repeatedly. Technical difficulties were confirmed after the band left the stage...as was normal...before Who's Got My Back. The set list was shortened by 2 songs...most probably due to the technical delay and time constraints concerning the venue.
Scott did the best he could under the circumstances...and finished the show smiling...aplauding...and grateful...as he always does. I will always remember the brilliant smile he flashed up at us as he left the stage.
I will NEVER forget his performance of One Last Breath that night...NEVER!
We saw Jagger off stage...and we didn't know at the time...but this show was only days after the problem with his ex-wife. He had alot going on at that moment in his life...but he still took the stage...and gave us everything he had in him at that point.
If anyone would like to see PSU for themselves or refresh their memories of that night...I would be more than happy to burn you a copy of the DVD.

mamm1234 12-29-2003 01:13 PM

Frankie,

Not to belabor the issue but you and I were obviously at 2 different shows. Scott was on stage for only a few minutes when he started with WTF...maybe you didn't hear it or maybe just those of us who were standing about 5 feet away from him heard it.

He left the stage and said he was refusing to come back until everyone in the arena was standing. That took awhile because there were a lot of pissed off ppl. One woman next to me said Scott would be paying her babysitter if he didn't get back on stage.

The first opening act was a no show. The second whose name escapes me and who came on at 8 were very good. They had the decency to tell the crowd that there would be only one opening band, not two as we paid for.

The crowd was not dulled by that band. It was a very patient Tuesday night crowd. It's really sad that you are blaming fans for some very serious problems Scott had that night. Very sad. It was not an awful crowd, considering how we were dissed, the crowd was awesome.

PPl maybe were getting slightly annoyed when it was 9:30 and for a show that should have started a 7:30, we had 30 mins of music thus far.

All other Creed shows that I attended (except for Philly)started at 7:30, had 2 opening bands, and Creed came on about 9:15.

Kicked the speakers over twice?? was that when they stopped picking them up so they just lay on the stage for the rest of the night?
Scott was happy at the end????????
Scott was a VERY PISSED OFF person the whole night. Again, as someone a few feet away from him, I would say there were times he was out of control and it was actually a little scary. At the end of the show he yanked off his earphones and waist pak and threw them into the crowd. Someone next to me got the waist pak. Five mins later a roadie was out there BEGGING for its return. He offered as many autographs as the person wanted etc. Guess what??? We all knew who had it but it was like WTF, after what we just experienced, everyone was too pissed to say anything.

I actually felt very sorry for the roadie who obviously had been give the task of cleaning up after Scott. Really felt bad for the guy, pleading with everyone, hope he wasn't fired.

Was there some equipment problems, apparently but as we all said that night, it was nothing the average person would notice and it was not what pissed ppl off.

But each to his/her own. Somebody felt it was a good show so that's cool.

Frankie 12-29-2003 01:51 PM

Kicked the speakers over twice??

Yes...like I said...would you like a copy of the concert to refresh your memory?

The first opening band did not show up...not Creed's fault...and I'm sorry but Stereofuse was awful...the guy did his entire set with his zipper down.

Scott NEVER swore until the middle of What If...when he said "you people need to wake the F**k up"...and like I said it was the only time that particular word was said.

Again....would you like a copy?

Did you hear Scott thank the crowd over and over that night? Did you hear him explain why he was so upset at the beginning, that he thought that PSU was a home away from home because that's where they wrote WAWO...did you hear him say "God Bless you...God Bless you all"?

"Was there some equipment problems, apparently but as we all said that night, it was nothing the average person would notice...

You can't be serious...Mark's guitar was not working at all at the beginning of Freedom Fighter...and then failed again at the beginning of What If...Not notice the equipment problems...unbelievable. Scott spent the whole night trying to get his mic and earphone adjusted...even at one point asking some in the front how mark sounded because he couldn't hear him.

Scott did not throw things into the crowd...he tossed them underhand...

I repeat two things...1. Scott finished the show smiling and grateful and thanking the crowd...even staying out longer than normal to toss some drumsticks as well as the set lists...and 2. Would you like a copy?

mamm1234 12-29-2003 02:06 PM

Hh was thanking the crowd for putting up with his shit. And he was damn grateful that everyone didn't walk out which a lot of ppl felt like doing when he was pulling some of his antics.

And if you think he only said fuck once, there's something wrong with your DVD version. The funny thing is that they were taping that night, maybe that's one of the reasons we don't have a DVD???Even the camaramen were getting restless...waiting, waiting, waiting....

And I don't need a copy, I was there.

mamm1234 12-29-2003 02:16 PM

BTW, someone from this board sent me a PM saying they had seen downloads of the show and it made them ill to watch it. Most ppl feel that way.

Not that Scott didn't do some awesome singing for a short while because he did. And the rest of the band was awesome as usual. Unfortunately it couldn't make up for the very serious problem Scott was having.. That show happened to be within a few days of the cell phone incident with Hillary which we found out about afterwards which made me try to be a little more understanding. Shit happens to all of us.

But this is really kind of silly, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
In my opinion, I went to 5 shows last tour that rocked and 1 that was pretty bad. All in the past.

Frankie 12-29-2003 02:35 PM

The cameras you saw were the cameras that are there every show...to show the images on the big screen...they were NOT filming for the DVD. This is a bootlegged copy...filmed from the audience by a fan...and a very good copy too. No editing was done at all. Really Mamm you need a copy...funny the tricks your memory plays on you...just remembering what you want to remember. I have it on film as it happened.
Side note: If you had read my first post...you would have noticed that I mentioned the incident with Hillaree.
No one will change my mind about this concert...as I am sure you feel the same way...so we will agree to disagree. I just felt that those reading should not be left with just your version of that night. And I too know others that feel the same way about it as I do.
And my offer to burn you a copy stands...

mamm1234 12-29-2003 02:48 PM

Well, like I said, I guess you had to be standing right there by him to know what was really going on. Your friend did not pick up the finer points of the concert.

BTW, did you say you were there? I was under the impression you were but perhaps not.

Funny that you say that about the filming because of the 6 concerts I attended, it was the only one with a camera crew right in front of the stage. It had nothing to do with the big screen: they were filming the concert.

Frankie 12-29-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamm1234
Well, like I said, I guess you had to be standing right there by him to know what was really going on. Your friend did not pick up the finer points of the concert.

BTW, did you say you were there? I was under the impression you were but perhaps not.

Funny that you say that about the filming because of the 6 concerts I attended, it was the only one with a camera crew right in front of the stage. It had nothing to do with the big screen: they were filming the concert.

Did you even read my first post? I WAS there...sitting side stage in the second row...with a perfect view of everything...so no I wasn't standing in the pit right by him...I was in the stands...standing right by him...with nothing to block my view or my hearing...or the brilliant smile he flashed up at us as he left the stage.
Sorry Mamm...I attended 7 concerts(3 standing on the rail in the pit)...EVERY single one of them had camera men in the front filming...for the big screens...if it had been for a DVD there would have been notices posted around the arena as there were at the shows where they WERE filming for the DVD.
My Friend ??? I bought the dvd bootleg of the concert on E-bay...I have no clue who did the filming....and the concert is complete...he did not even turn the camera off during the technical delay.

hide 12-29-2003 09:15 PM

Hey Frankie I would be more then happy to accept a burnt DVD off you, no matter what the quality is like. As we don't have any DVD's of live performances that are official, the closet thing is really the Doors storytellers DVD I would be more then happy to take one off your hands and any other shows you have as well. Perhaps you would like to trade them for something I don't know. PM me if you want! thx!

Frankie 12-29-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
Hey Frankie I would be more then happy to accept a burnt DVD off you, no matter what the quality is like. As we don't have any DVD's of live performances that are official, the closet thing is really the Doors storytellers DVD I would be more then happy to take one off your hands and any other shows you have as well. Perhaps you would like to trade them for something I don't know. PM me if you want! thx!

Hide...it really is excellent quality...both audio and visual...
You have a pm :D