CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Broken Wings Update (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8242)

SaveMe 12-21-2004 10:20 AM

Broken Wings Update

Anyone have an idea of the video is comin along?

Bridge of Clay 12-21-2004 11:00 AM

It depends on how long Find The Real stays in the charts in US. Europe is probably seeing it first, since Sony needs to promote them with something not as heavy.

Trem24Fan 12-21-2004 12:54 PM

I wonder if radio stations will play the guitar intro to this song. I hope so.

titan9 12-21-2004 01:20 PM

I dunno. They usually don't play 5 minute long songs, so they'll probably cut it out. Or something. But I'd like to see them play the full song and not cut it(like they did to Higher)

aussiecreeder 12-21-2004 08:27 PM

the intro is one of the highlights of the song so i hope its not cut, but i'm thinking there probably will be a shortened radio edit.

titan9 12-22-2004 09:09 AM

Of course they will! Like I said, the radio doesn't play 5 minute songs.....they cut'em down to around 4 minutes or shorter. Happened to Higher and happened to OYE. It'll happen to Broken Wings and ILM if that song is released as a single. I wish they would play the full version of the song, but they probably won't......although I have heard the full version of OYE a few times on one of the local stations....so there's hope.

dekand 12-22-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Of course they will! Like I said, the radio doesn't play 5 minute songs.....they cut'em down to around 4 minutes or shorter. Happened to Higher and happened to OYE. It'll happen to Broken Wings and ILM if that song is released as a single. I wish they would play the full version of the song, but they probably won't......although I have heard the full version of OYE a few times on one of the local stations....so there's hope.

I remember reading in my music industry book that songs over like 4:11 or something the artists get charged for every second or something, can't remember exactly, so thats why most are cut down to under a certain time... i read this a long time ago so thats my 2 cents

Wylde-Tremonti 12-22-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

I dunno. They usually don't play 5 minute long songs, so they'll probably cut it out. Or something. But I'd like to see them play the full song and not cut it(like they did to Higher)

what? When did they cut Higher????????? I don't ever remember hearing Higher Not full length?

titan9 12-22-2004 08:03 PM

Around the bridge part of the song. The original version of Higher is around 5:18 and the radio version is probably somewhere around 4 minutes. It's been a while since I heard the radio version, so I might be a tiny bit inaccurate, but I am positive they cut some parts of it.

Wylde-Tremonti 12-22-2004 08:05 PM

maybe they didn't do that around here??? i dunno..

The Lithium 12-22-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Europe is probably seeing it first, since Sony needs to promote them with something not as heavy.

I know, isn't it awesome? :D

titan9 12-22-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
maybe they didn't do that around here??? i dunno..

Perhaps, but around here it was cut a bit. And the length of the music video is 4:42.

XenoN 12-23-2004 12:15 AM

In Higher, the middle part during the breakdown part (I think just after the solo-ish part) they cut it out on the radio. That's where most of the cut happens. I can't remember what else they could've cut though.

Xterminator27 12-23-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Not here, every vesion of OYE ive heard here has both extended intro AND extended solo

R U Ready? 12-23-2004 10:57 AM

Yeah, I think Higher is cut off at the bridge part. I've heard some stations play the 4:30 version of OYE and others play the full 5:00 version, so I don't know how it works. I was at a friend's house last night playing Madden 2005 and I heard AB come on and I remembered they were on the soundtrack, but it was disappointing, it had to be like 2:00 long. The intro played, then a chorus, then the solo and it finished!