CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Your worst Christmas present (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5278)

facelessman 12-18-2003 08:41 PM

Your worst Christmas present

So, ladies and gentlemen, whats the worst christmas present you have ever gotten?

JulieCitySlicker 12-18-2003 08:49 PM

Hmm! I'm not sure about my worst present, but my sister and brother have this trademark that she sends him wrapped up cat crap and he sends her tampons :D

Sheila63 12-18-2003 09:12 PM

I'll have to give that some thought. I can't think of anything right now.

SCTMM's hubby 12-18-2003 09:22 PM

Well My wife's grandmother every year, sends (alternating) either soap-on-a-rope or knitted booty socks.

JulieCitySlicker 12-18-2003 09:25 PM

OMG! :lolsign: That is definitely a Grandma gift :D

Dogstar 12-18-2003 09:49 PM

LMAO @ the cat crap and tampons!!!

I can't really think of the worst present I ever got. I guess I have liked just about everything I've ever gotten.

whitebird 12-18-2003 10:02 PM

For many, many years, my Great Aunt sent me hand knit mittens for Christmas. Every year, my Mother made me write a thank you note to her. Each year I dreaded the gift.

I am now in my forties, and the mittens that were made with love and care, have survived the years, and continue to keep me warm to this day, and are quite beautiful.

My Mother was with me to cut our Christmas tree this year, and recognised the mittens that I was wearing, and asked me about them. I replied that no other mittens kept me as warm in the Minnesota winters as those.

Thank you Dear Great Aunt, I never appreciated your love and skill when you were alive, perhaps you may still get my message.

facelessman 12-18-2003 10:08 PM

aww thats good

JulieCitySlicker 12-18-2003 10:11 PM

Yes Whitebird,
It is always the things that we don't think are useful that end up being the greatest gifts :)

DangerousDan85 12-18-2003 10:59 PM

clothes that i hate, it's just a pain returning the stuff

facelessman 12-18-2003 11:03 PM

ill agree with that

TeriB19 12-18-2003 11:04 PM

Pushpins for a cork board. Not that they were such a bad gift but I knew every other gift I was getting that year, and this one small package made funny noises when I shook it. I thought it was some nice surprise, but when I opened it, it was a container of push pins. I got a Snoopy cork board for Christmas that year, thus the push pins.

facelessman 12-18-2003 11:18 PM

makes sense to me

JenRN 12-18-2003 11:46 PM

I cherish all my knitted mittens and booties and afgans made by my grammy! I miss her terribly :angel:

I guess one of the worst things that sticks in my head was from my mother in law when I was about 25. She never got me age appropriate gifts used to drive me crazy. Anyways she bought me this nightgown that was flannel went all the way to my neck and had this fluffy dog with a hat on it. I opened it up and laughed my ass off, I think she was pissed. But I thought you have GOT to be kidding me....... if she had any idea what I wore to bed she would die. Remember this was while I was working at Victoria's Secret so I had killer night wear! She always would buy her grown kids little toys that spin on the floor, bubbles all kinds of kid shit, drove me nuts....... guess I don't have to worry about that anymore (Thank god) LOL

Mulletman 12-19-2003 12:59 AM

i get alot of presents i dont like... but i wouldnt consider any other them "the worst present"