CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Christian Review of Overcome (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12723)

Creed009 10-06-2009 07:53 PM

Christian Review of Overcome

http://www.pluggedin.com/music/track...-Overcome.aspx

I was surfing the web and came across this article. This may not be a big deal, but it makes me a little mad to keep seeing all of this misinformation come out about Creed. The article states that they use the phrase "I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed." The reviewer also made it sound like Creed consistently uses profanity in their lyrics, when they don't. It may not be a bad idea to send a quick email to them asking them to change the article, because it could cause a large number of Christian people to not buy the album. Just my thoughts.

creediscool17 10-06-2009 10:07 PM

Re: Christian Review of Overcome

you do know that their NOT a christian band right?

if christian people aren't gonna buy the album because of one line in a song, well than that is just stupid. christian music is the biggest joke in the music world, every song is about jesus which is fine but the way they word the lyrics its just so lame, anyone could start a christian band and make a ton of money.

nagpo 10-06-2009 10:09 PM

The less the christian community is interested in this the better, imo. No more "creed is a christian band".

As you can tell, I'm not a very religious person.

My Sacrifice 10-06-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
The less the christian community is interested in this the better, imo. No more "creed is a christian band".

As you can tell, I'm not a very religious person.

I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed."

Can somebody please explain to me why they word it "I'll be dammed." Most people are going to conclude that Stapp is saying I'll be damned"

My Sacrifice 10-06-2009 10:21 PM

[quote=creediscool17]you do know that their NOT a christian band right?

if christian people aren't gonna buy the album because of one line in a song, well than that is just stupid. christian music is the biggest joke in the music world, every song is about jesus which is fine but the way they word the lyrics its just so lame, anyone could start a christian band and make a ton of money.[/QUOTE

I'm a christian, but I agree that a lot of the music is always talking to "you" (which could be Jesus or your gf). I think there are good christian bands out there, but a lot of the music is weak.

rabidgopher04 10-06-2009 10:32 PM

Please relax people. It's unlikely this review is going to make a difference. Also, keep in mind that it is one person's point of view. The website does not speak for the 1 billion Christians in the world.

Creed009 10-06-2009 11:04 PM

I know that Creed isn't a Christian band. I just don't like all of the misinformation that gets put out about Creed. This guy makes it sounds like Creed is some kind of an evil band. This isn't a huge deal by any means, but there are some parents that won't let their kids listen to music that has profanity in it. And the person who wrote this article misled a lot of people.

nagpo 10-06-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Sacrifice
I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed."

Can somebody please explain to me why they word it "I'll be dammed." Most people are going to conclude that Stapp is saying I'll be damned"

Sorry, I don't personally know creed.

Icedmofo 10-06-2009 11:20 PM

Deleted by User

Creed009 10-06-2009 11:34 PM

The official lyrics are "I'll be dammed," not "I'll be damned." Passion Breeds Followers has the official lyrics on their site. It means "I'll be held back fighting you." It isn't any kind of a curse word, which was what I was pointing out. But yeah, I will admit that they cursed at the end of "What's This Life For?"

Icedmofo 10-06-2009 11:50 PM

Deleted by User

in reality 10-07-2009 12:41 AM

Thanks for the link. I thought Overcome got higher than 10 on billboard mainstream rock, maybe not. I liked the part where it says Overcome is about determination amid dissolution, that is a good description of this excellent song. Too bad many christian review sites worry a bit too much about lyric content when certainly in this case they shouldn't. I wonder if more christian music sites will even check Creed song's out. Probably not.

Icedmofo 10-07-2009 12:59 AM

Deleted by User

Dark_Knight 10-07-2009 01:21 AM

Stapp has finally admitted to actually being a 'christian' & a peace with his faith now so this isn't a surprise. I don't see it being bad either, it's just more exposure for the band.

TrulyAmazing 10-07-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed009
http://www.pluggedin.com/music/track...-Overcome.aspx

I was surfing the web and came across this article. This may not be a big deal, but it makes me a little mad to keep seeing all of this misinformation come out about Creed. The article states that they use the phrase "I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed." The reviewer also made it sound like Creed consistently uses profanity in their lyrics, when they don't. It may not be a bad idea to send a quick email to them asking them to change the article, because it could cause a large number of Christian people to not buy the album. Just my thoughts.

Thanks For posting Peace Be Wit,em i dont think at all they misunderstand The VERSE For No Thought Nor Supplication Is Hid From God And through out creeds music you can always hear the ups the downs the anger and the saving grace of situtions were most sterotype christians jars of clay mabey have not entered ya,alls PEACE BE WIT YA AGAIN and thanks for posting that review :rockon: