CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12661)

nthor 09-23-2009 12:35 AM

Re: What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'?

Ok, were I am getting at with my previous statement is this song is going to be a hit on the pop chats that will bring people to show and Rain will be the only song they know. A few years back I was able to attend John Mayers Austin City Limits filming one of the best shows I have seen of him. Well thew out the show half of the crowd was talking and not paying any attention to the show then his big hit at the time No Such Thing was played all the sudden all the people who were just talking are now singing every verse to that song. Well when it was over a few people left and the others went back to there conversation. Those who only know the hits of bands miss out on most bands best works. To me it seems they just like the song just because its popular at the moment and 6 months later they wont even remember a groups name.

Dark_Knight 09-23-2009 01:43 AM

Incredible tune...it's forever stuck in my head.

Krisoz26 09-23-2009 02:49 AM

I like it. For a released song it hits the mark not to heavy not slow the type of song that can be played a heap of places much like WAWO (Some of the weird places I have heard that)

I rarely think the best song on the album's get released the only 1 i can think of is Offspring's last cd (Your Gonna Go Far). The most part they are the slowest song with the catchest lamest beat. The trick is get new people into liking creed they buy the album and hear the "real" creed.

Compared to the rubbish on the radio it's heaps better. Damn sight beeter than Coldplay or Kings of Leon

Evil_wizzzard 09-23-2009 05:41 AM

This song could still be perfected. the bridge and guitar solo (which is awesome anyway) could be longer. Scott sounds great. There are some good vibes.

Chris98GT 09-23-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
You may notice that It and Overcome have similar song structure.

That was my first thought.

The main difference is that Overcome is actually good. This song blows.

rabidgopher04 09-23-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard
This song could still be perfected. the bridge and guitar solo (which is awesome anyway) could be longer. Scott sounds great. There are some good vibes.

I'm hoping it's a shorter single version and the album version is longer.

Prog 09-23-2009 08:13 AM

Like I said in another Rain thread, this song sounds more like an Alter Bridge song as far as lyrics go. AB never really had the deep and meaningful lyrics that Creed had, and neither does this song. I like the sound overall, but I prefer a little more depth for lyrics.

TrulyAmazing 09-23-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Incredible tune...it's forever stuck in my head.

its truly a master piece :rockon: foreva stuck in mine as well

Icedmofo 09-23-2009 09:56 AM

Can you be more specific about song structure?

Most song structures even in different genre's of music are the same if you're talking about arrangement of verses to choruses to bridge.

Finaldecision 09-23-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I've heard every song Creed's ever recorded up to this album including Before I Die.

What the heck is "Before I Die"?

Higher_Desire 09-23-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finaldecision
What the heck is "Before I Die"?

It's a song that Creed sang back in their Tallahassee bar days before even recording My Own Prison on their own Blue Collar Records. It was a song that (according to a radio interview clip) Mark wrote completely by himself. It's about smoking pot and getting high. The radio interview clip is fairly easy to find but the complete song is near impossible. I've only heard it once.

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-23-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
2. To nagpo - it's amazing how much a producer can influence the sound of a band and their albums. Kurzweig, who had produced all of Creed's albums to this point, produced One Day Remains, a very Creed-like record. The guys went with someone different for Blackbird. And, now, Full Circle, with Howard Benson behind the wheel shows yet another color spectrum in the Creed prism.

for the record Ben Grosse Produced "One day Remains" not Kurzweig and Michael Baskette produced "Blackbird"

in reality 09-23-2009 12:03 PM

I agree, Krisoz26, this song is much better than what's on the radio. I heard the Kings of Leon song, and didn't think it was all that much. Kris Allen's first single, Live like your Dying, is actually a cover song by Script! Not even done that well, with rap chorus in it that doesn't fit! So Rain I think is as good in it's own way as Overcome. It's just awesome.

J-Man 09-23-2009 01:06 PM

At first listen, I wasn't sure what to think of the song. After the second listen, I was hooked.

I think this song will be a big hit on radio because it is catchy and also because a lot of people are stuck in a rut nowadays. Think about it, thousands of people have lost their jobs, are feeling hopeless, several people have lost their homes due to floods and fires and this song pretty much says tomorrow will be a better day "with every tomorrow comes another life" etc . Songs like this one brings out the emotion in people and I am feeling this song. Great job Creed!

nagpo 09-23-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I've heard every song Creed's ever recorded up to this album including Before I Die.

Link. I've never heard of this before.