CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   P.O.D. - more solid info on new album (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11923)

RMadd 12-29-2007 01:23 AM

P.O.D. - more solid info on new album

Seems like P.O.D.'s latest effort kept getting pushed back. First, it was supposed to be out last spring, then this past fall, then late '07 or early '08. Now they've officially set a date for the album's release: April 8, 2008. It is still going to be titled When Angels and Serpents Dance. So, after so much delay, this is some pretty super-exciting news!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_An...Serpents_Dance

metalchris25 01-04-2008 06:40 AM

Re: P.O.D. - more solid info on new album

Its about time! And it comes out on my girlfriends birthday. Sweet.

Lunar Shadow 01-05-2008 08:02 AM

I dunno When P.O.D. changed their line up they lost something.... I think they peaked at "satellite" every thing since then has just been ehhh. IMO

TrulyAmazing 01-05-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow
I dunno When P.O.D. changed their line up they lost something.... I think they peaked at "satellite" every thing since then has just been ehhh. IMO

Well Know Lunar Not Really SATELLITE was just A really Kick Ass Album and its hard to top an album like that as many artist Expercince That Its The Areosmith Longing those guys dont know what a slumb is Just Golden If i could Defile A band being 100 percent Rock And Roll All Of The Time Areosmith Would Win That Title One Reason why they made the hall of fame I dont Care Who You Are Are What Your Poison And Style Is You Wanna Do A Duet With Steven Tyler :) i dont care if your not a fan you still wanna sing with tyler Tylers Voice is like An open Instrument and when somebodys voice is like that their style has a tendicies to change but his powerfull bluesy hard rock style never does, Oh Yea POD :) u can tell im a fan HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, the long awaited albums are mostly the best so im looking foward to it im a fan of pod because they are well artistic and dont care to explore that just to put out a good record thats shows that they are really artistic and u can feel that loudly in their music,

inside_us_all04 01-13-2008 10:37 PM

Man Youth of the nation was huge back in my sophmore year in highschool..

I saw them with staind few years back sick show... I loved Testify that album is my fav.... Glen Ballard did an amazing job....

RMadd 01-17-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow

After Satellite, they gave Marcos (guitar) the boot b/c of creative differences or something (Wikipedia article claims something like "spiritual differences," but who can really trust Wiki?). You may recall, he performed with Nappy Roots on an alternative version of their song "Awnaw." And some other stuff. He & Pete Stewart (former lead singer of Christian band Grammatrain, I believe) formed a definitely non-Christian band, The Accident Experiment. Anyway, P.O.D. got Jason Truby, former & original guitarist for legendary Christian metal band Living Sacrifice.

I will agree that Satellite is a phenomenal album. IMO, their first release with Truby on axe, Payable on Death, was pretty bland, especially considering his metal roots. In '06, they released Testify, which I think is a pretty solid album. Much much much better than Payable on Death, that's for shizzle. Then, about a year ago, Marcos asked to rejoin the band around the same time Truby decided to leave. They were originally slated to release the album this past summer, but that, as I've already pointed out, has been pushed back to this April.

Interestingly, I haven't heard anything as to whether any "spiritual differences" were resolved, and The Accident Experiment is supposedly just on hiatus while Marcos works w/ P.O.D.