CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anybody going to the shows? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13438)

Inspired 02-04-2011 10:03 PM

Anybody going to the shows?

I hope they change the set list.

INDIGOSTEVE 02-05-2011 04:19 AM

Re: Anybody going to the shows?

I am flying to las vegas april 23rd!

Inspired 02-05-2011 05:19 PM

Have fun! I'm thinking about going to NYC, but I kind of want to make sure they change up the set list first. It would worth the $ if they play the good songs from ABIII.

FreedomFighter 02-05-2011 05:38 PM

I'll be at the BB Theater in NYC 5/19.

TrulyAmazing 02-05-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspired
I hope they change the set list.

set lists are always subject to change,

Inspired 02-12-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter
I'll be at the BB Theater in NYC 5/19.

I guess I'm going to get a ticket, I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't play some of the newer more innovative songs though, they are really good and it would be a waste for them not to play them live.

I think I'm going to suck it up and get there early too. The last couple of shows I've gone to I've been in the back and I'm starting to think it really makes a difference as to how much I enjoy the show.

FreedomFighter 02-13-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm going to get a ticket, I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't play some of the newer more innovative songs though, they are really good and it would be a waste for them not to play them live.

I think I'm going to suck it up and get there early too. The last couple of shows I've gone to I've been in the back and I'm starting to think it really makes a difference as to how much I enjoy the show.

Yea getting close is definitely worth the extra bit of waiting...especially in the city where the crowd is always a blast.

They covered a lot of Blackbird and the highlights of ABIII when I saw them in December.

Inspired 02-13-2011 09:40 PM

Yeah, I was into the setlist they just had. Maybe I'll see you there....

FreedomFighter 02-14-2011 10:43 AM

I'm hoping to get there early to get a good spot. I have yet to be on the rail for an AB show. Not sure that's realistic to shoot for in NYC but ya never know :)

Inspired 02-14-2011 11:05 AM

I've been on the rail many times, but I've never tried at an NYC show even though I used to live there and now I have to drive in and won't get there til afternoon. I don't think that many people line up for AB shows though.

FreedomFighter 02-14-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

I've been on the rail many times, but I've never tried at an NYC show even though I used to live there and now I have to drive in and won't get there til afternoon. I don't think that many people line up for AB shows though.

Sure they do. Maybe not like for some other bands (Metallica fans had coolers and lawn chairs), but the line was around the block at the Gramercy a few hours before show time. If you get there mid or late afternoon I'll bet you'll be fine. That's what I'll try for anyway.

I did manage to get on the rail for Metallica a couple times...that was nuts.

Dogstar 02-15-2011 03:15 PM

I'm hoping to go, but the finances suck right now. We'll see. Metallica on the rail is so awesome. Been on the rail a few times for them and AB. Good times.

Inspired 05-01-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter
Sure they do. Maybe not like for some other bands (Metallica fans had coolers and lawn chairs), but the line was around the block at the Gramercy a few hours before show time. If you get there mid or late afternoon I'll bet you'll be fine. That's what I'll try for anyway.

I did manage to get on the rail for Metallica a couple times...that was nuts.

Just booked my hotel, are you staying in the city?

FreedomFighter 05-02-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Just booked my hotel, are you staying in the city?

Nice :-)

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing yet. I'm starting a new job next week so I gotta see how my schedule will work out. Reminds me, I should email my new employer and find out how I can work this.

Where are you staying?

Inspired 05-02-2011 02:00 PM

I am staring a new job too, but told them I needed these days off when I got the job offer. I'm going to stay at the Milford Plaza the night of the show, it's just a few blocks away and I'm hoping someone will keep my place in line so I can change before the show. It's probably the cheapest place in times square that isn't shady. I also found this place that looks really cool, but it's farther away http://www.thepodhotel.com/

I think i'm going to take the bus down, but I probably wouldn't get to the venue til 1, do you think that's too late?