CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dec the 25th the birth of christ (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5235)

creedsister 12-14-2003 09:31 AM

Dec the 25th the birth of christ

For the first time in like forever i have a question yes me i have a question,Here it is,,we celabrate christmas as jesus birthday but know one knows if it happend on the 24 day of dec or not,,not that i care or god the importan thing is that it did,,does anybody else know of any dif dates other than DEc 25 ,,it would really help me with some stuff,,,peace be wicha ya, ll

RMadd 12-14-2003 05:09 PM

I think scholars have pinpointed the date to sometime in the spring (april or may?) based on the shepherds and the customary census, and perhaps astronomical events... dec 25 was chosen b/c it was the same day as a famous pagan holiday, and was used as a sort of deterrant or alternative to the non-christians

creedsister 12-14-2003 06:25 PM

I did,nt know that well it was good to find out anyways,,

bgivens33 12-15-2003 04:39 AM

That is exactly what i've heard

Sincirr 12-15-2003 05:59 AM

Same with Easter 2

creedsister 12-15-2003 04:29 PM

Well Good God bless me this is a first,,Everybodys in agremeant,,

RMadd 12-15-2003 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
Well Good God bless me this is a first,,Everybodys in agremeant,,

lol

creedsister 12-15-2003 04:48 PM

maybe i mite have spoke to soon,,

Bridge of Clay 12-15-2003 08:31 PM

Christ wasn't born on Dec 25th. That should be winter in Middle East, therefore, there were no flock of sheep on winter.

Students of Ancient History and ministers say Jesus was probablu born in June-October period, hence the Bible says there were flocks.

No one knows the right date, but I don't see nothing wrong in creating a date to celebrate His born. I don't care if it's right or not...(the date)

creedsister 12-15-2003 09:05 PM

I didnt know that it could have been sometimes in Oct,,but who knows but that really helped me out alot,,peace be whicha

Alter Shredder 12-15-2003 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
Same with Easter 2

While many holidays coincide (sp?) with many pagan holidays. Easter does not. We know this because Jesus was celebrating passover at the time of his capture. So it would have been shortly after that he was crucified. So easter is around the same time as passover.

RMadd 12-16-2003 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced
While many holidays coincide (sp?) with many pagan holidays. Easter does not. We know this because Jesus was celebrating passover at the time of his capture. So it would have been shortly after that he was crucified. So easter is around the same time as passover.

Word... I wasn't sure about that Easter comment either. Granted, it didn't occur whichever Sunday of the year following whatever that it does, but we know it was a Sunday and, as has been so eloquently mentioned, was following the Passover.

Sincirr 12-16-2003 07:26 AM

I ski :bounce:

Man, what a scare I just went through the whole night in absolute agony, throwing up and everything, and then was rushed to hospital the next day after seeing my doctor. Had kidney stones! :vomit::crying:

creedsister 12-16-2003 07:15 PM

that sucks i hope you feel better soon :)

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-16-2003 09:13 PM

Yeah, Kidney stones suck. I haven't had them, but I was in the truck with my Dad while he had them, it was quite a scare! About Christ's b-day, I was actually watching a show on this the other day. I don't know how they came up with an exact date, but they said it was either april 6th or april 26. one or the other. I wasn't paying that much attention.