CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   similar bands? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8889)

UK_Bridge 03-31-2005 11:31 AM

similar bands?

hey,

as i have p-layed One Day Remains to death now.... im just wondering if any of you lot know some similar good bands... i like a bit of submersed... bands like that

any help would be cool

oh and anyone like silvertide?

Bridge of Clay 03-31-2005 12:26 PM

Alter Bridge and Submersed are my favorite bands.

The others you can try are:

Exit The Ride (www.bill-peck.com/music.htm )
Oversoulss (www.oversoulss.com)
Logan (www.logan-net.com)

NeedforCreed 03-31-2005 12:32 PM

Shinedown is pretty awsome if you're into alternative.

Wylde-Tremonti 03-31-2005 04:51 PM

Hmm... Black Label Society to an Extent.. I mean you can hear Zakk Wylde's Influence on Tremonti

Van Halen a bit too

Alice in chains a lil bit also..

Soundgarden um... i dunno man Depends on what you're really listening to... i could go on about Guitar stuff... but as far as singers are concerned i'd say Soundgarden and Zepplin

goddess_bb 03-31-2005 07:10 PM

Try Fuel...they haven't put anything out since '03 but Natural Selection is a great album which reminds me some of AB!

UK_Bridge 04-01-2005 02:18 AM

cheers everyone,

i will check out some of the bands mentioned... just heard a bit of Edgewater thought they were good and also Breaking Benjamin they are good also.

aussiecreeder 04-01-2005 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
Try Fuel...they haven't put anything out since '03 but Natural Selection is a great album which reminds me some of AB!

good call....carl bell's songwriting reminds me of tremonti in a way although obviously the singing isn't quite the same style.

Anna1011 04-01-2005 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Bridge

oh and anyone like silvertide?

im into silvertide at the moment, have listened to quite alot of their stuff lately

UK_Bridge 04-04-2005 10:38 AM

silvertide are definitely just behind alterbridge in my fav bands list.

Anna1011 04-04-2005 10:42 AM

they are one of the many bands a have on my play list. :)

RMadd 04-04-2005 10:54 AM

Silvertide's pretty cool, I like a few of their songs
similar bands? well, there's Myles' old band, The Mayfield Four... tho I wouldn't look for any new material from them... I know a fair number of people on here rock out to 'em tho
there's a Christian band, Switchfoot, that just recently went mainstream w/ their music, I think they're pretty awesome... good music, good lyrics
in my sig, I mention Edgewater, they're another Wind-Up Post-Grunge/Alt-Metal band in the vein of Alter Bridge & Submersed (tho I must admit, the guitarist is not as accomplished as Tru or Friedman lol)
there's Chevelle, I believe they're another Christian band gone secular

UK_Bridge 04-04-2005 10:58 AM

i must admit thought i had played ODR to death but just watched the broken wings video again and i have new optimism. i shall be listening to ODR tonight lol ;)