CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   bands from your country you'ld recommend? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8259)

aussiecreeder 12-24-2004 03:49 AM

bands from your country you'ld recommend?

okay this thread exists to pimp bands that those outside that country may not know about. perhaps they are really big only in that market or perhaps they are a small indie outfit. for aussie acts i'ld recommend;

powderfinger
the dissociatives (features daniel johns of silverchair)
john butler trio
wolfmother (70's style rock that sounds like zeppelin or deep purple, with only an EP out thus far). oh and there are a few acts from new zealand that are now aussies cause we say so! :D

anything by finn brothers
so finn brothers
crowded house
split enz.......
shihad (pacifier)

wonder if there are any american bands i don't know worth checking out. i'm sure there are probably canadian bands that have to be better than nickelback.

titan9 12-24-2004 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
i'm sure there are probably canadian bands that have to be better than nickelback.

Like Our Lady Peace? :D They're definitely better than Nickelback.

Bridge of Clay 12-24-2004 10:59 AM

Metal:
~Sepultura
~Soufly
~Angra
~Massacration

Mainstream Rock:
~Pitty
~Charlie Brown Jr.

Pop Rock:
~Jota Quest
~Skank
~Capital Inicial
~Tităs

But I definately recommend Pitty, that girl can sing and it resembles Creed somehow. But for the guitar riffs, go with Charlie Brown Jr. Those guys are awesome but the singer sucks...

Wylde-Tremonti 12-24-2004 12:52 PM

Um... Alter Bridge
Black Label Society
Metallica
Pantera
Damageplan (RIP DIME)
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Dream Theater
Alice In Chains
Jerry Cantrell
Guns N' Roses
Velvet Revolver
Soundgarden
Audioslave
hahah... i could keep goin...

Anna1011 12-24-2004 03:57 PM

an amazin american band are
Four Star Mary
they totally rock ave seen them live once n met them after coz my bro knows the band and i was like WOW! they where soo nice. :D

antiproduct
the levellers
all about eve
three days grace

and many more amazin bands i cant think of right now.

aussiecreeder 12-24-2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
Um... Alter Bridge
Black Label Society
Metallica
Pantera
Damageplan (RIP DIME)
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Dream Theater
Alice In Chains
Jerry Cantrell
Guns N' Roses
Velvet Revolver
Soundgarden
Audioslave
hahah... i could keep goin...

but those bands are well known....well at least most of them. bridge of clay i knew sepultura but i had no idea they came from brazil and ditto for soulfly. titan our lady peace are certainly better as our bands like big wreck, thornley and the tea party.

Muad'Dib 12-25-2004 03:39 AM

Something For Kate, Jerk and Pete Murray. Im a big Jerk and SFK fan, and Pete is something to relax too. Apart from those 3 I cant really think of any other Australian bands I enjoy.

Dogstar 12-25-2004 03:24 PM

The Tea Party. I really like these guys, especially their older stuff. And they are WAY better than Nickelback :D. The new CD (Seven Circles) is Ok, but sounds more mainstream than their other stuff.

Floater. These guys are from Eugene, Oregon, and they kick ass. They've been around for 10 years or so, and their sound is everything from Floyd, to Zep to Tool to Primus, you name it. I'm not sure how to classify them. They are a trio and they have quite a cool sound to them. All of their albums sound different from each other. The lead singer is also the bass player, and he's got great pipes. They are my new favorite band.

aussiecreeder 12-25-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
The Tea Party. I really like these guys, especially their older stuff. And they are WAY better than Nickelback :D. The new CD (Seven Circles) is Ok, but sounds more mainstream than their other stuff.

Floater. These guys are from Eugene, Oregon, and they kick ass. They've been around for 10 years or so, and their sound is everything from Floyd, to Zep to Tool to Primus, you name it. I'm not sure how to classify them. They are a trio and they have quite a cool sound to them. All of their albums sound different from each other. The lead singer is also the bass player, and he's got great pipes. They are my new favorite band.

ain't you from philly? and are not tea party from canada? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there an international border between there? :p

i'll have to check floater out and btw something for kate are a great aussie band.

Dogstar 12-25-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

ain't you from philly? and are not tea party from canada? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there an international border between there? :p

Yes, but because no one else mentioned them, I thought I would :D

Quote:

i'll have to check floater out
Doooooo it!
www.floatermusic.com

Quote:

and btw something for kate are a great aussie band.
I picked up one of their albums. They weren't bad.

aussiecreeder 12-25-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yes, but because no one else mentioned them, I thought I would :D

Doooooo it!
www.floatermusic.com

I picked up one of their albums. They weren't bad.

fair enough....i would hope most people here would have at least checked out the tea party considering the connection with stapp. i will check floater out and sfk is good songwriting although i can only listen to them for so long. songs like "electricity" and "monsters" are great listening and his voice is good for story-telling a bit like a tom waits or an eddie vedder in that respect.

hayley 12-26-2004 02:38 AM

Quote:

oh and there are a few acts from new zealand that are now aussies cause we say so! :D

Oohhhh ... how TYPICAL! Heheee

Quote:

anything by finn brothers
so finn brothers
crowded house
split enz.......
shihad (pacifier)

VERY good choices Michael! (You know your New Zealand music) :D And SHIHAD PEOPLE, LISTEN TO ME! www.shihad.com get there (it's a new site so that's why it looks shitty) The greatest New Zealand band ever! Mind you, I am having a new love to The Feelers at the moment though, thinking of buying their Playground Battle album.

aussiecreeder 12-26-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - hayley -
Oohhhh ... how TYPICAL! Heheee

VERY good choices Michael! (You know your New Zealand music) :D And SHIHAD PEOPLE, LISTEN TO ME! www.shihad.com get there (it's a new site so that's why it looks shitty) The greatest New Zealand band ever! Mind you, I am having a new love to The Feelers at the moment though, thinking of buying their Playground Battle album.

article 101.9 of the ANZUS treaty states and i quote "Any worthwhile artistic venture from the Commonwealth of New Zealand that spends a large amount of time in Australia, if accepted by the Australian public becomes an Australian act. Furthermore if there are Australians who the Aussies no longer want (ie.Damir Dokic) then they become citizens of the Commonwealth of New Zealand." lol :D

another good band from new zealand is betchupuda which features liam finn (i guess you would know this but for the benefit of the others) and he is tim's son i'm fairly sure. they have supported pj in the past.......

Xterminator27 12-27-2004 04:36 AM

AC/DC is an aussie band

Canadian bands hu?

Finger eleven
The Tea party
Nickle back
Well theres actually a ton more, but im seriosuly way to lazy to look em all up so i just said the top 3 that came to mind.

aussiecreeder 12-27-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King X
AC/DC is an aussie band

Canadian bands hu?

Finger eleven
The Tea party
Nickle back
Well theres actually a ton more, but im seriosuly way to lazy to look em all up so i just said the top 3 that came to mind.

yeah acdaca as they are called at times are aussie but i figured everyone would know them.....you've being thunderstruck! :)