CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mayfield Four (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9935)

GregS 11-12-2005 09:05 AM

Mayfield Four

Has any1 got any of their albums on their comp ? Im really really needing 1 of them.. On imesh i found afew songs from Fallout but no luck on whole album so far.

titan9 11-14-2005 02:41 PM

PM me and I may be able to help you. :)

Ana4Stapp 11-14-2005 03:18 PM

Just asked the same thing to other member here...lol :D

GregS 11-14-2005 03:27 PM

ye , ive got both of them now guys , but thnx anyway :)

titan9 11-14-2005 03:53 PM

Yeah, I only have Second Skin. I don't have all of Fallout, though. Once I have a little extra cash, I plan on buying a copy of SS and Fallout on ebay.com.

Bridge of Clay 11-15-2005 10:32 AM

I could only find Fallout here... I wish I had SS though, it's my fav.

Ana4Stapp 11-15-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I could only find Fallout here... I wish I had SS though, it's my fav.

WHERE did you FIND Fallout here? ????

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :confused:

Muad'Dib 11-20-2005 03:58 AM

Love Suckerpunch been listening to alot of Mayfield Four lately, really enjoying it.

RMadd 11-20-2005 12:10 PM

I've never really actually listened to Fallout b/c whenever I'm in an M4 mood, I listen to Second Skin. Love that album! To be quite honest, I listen to it, straight through, more than I have to ODR or... really any other, save for perhaps Submersed.
I'd say my favorite song is a toss-up between Eden and Mars Hotel. I also really really really like Carry On, Backslide, White Flag, Flatley's Crutch, Believe, and Summergirl (those of you familiar w/ the tracklisting may notice that these are tracks 7-12... what a blissful 24 minutes those are!)

Dogstar 11-20-2005 12:37 PM

Second Skin is really solid. I absolutely adore Summergirl and I think Sick and Wrong is a fun opener.

titan9 11-20-2005 04:08 PM

Fallout's a darn good album, too. It's grown on me with every listen. I think Suckerpunch, Don't Walk Away and No One Nothing are probably my favorites off of that one. However, I think I still prefer Second Skin. That features my favorite MF4 song(Mar's Hotel) and there really isn't a single song I'd skip on that one. Just a great album overall.

Ana4Stapp 11-20-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
I've never really actually listened to Fallout b/c whenever I'm in an M4 mood, I listen to Second Skin. Love that album! To be quite honest, I listen to it, straight through, more than I have to ODR or... really any other, save for perhaps Submersed.

My favorite - LOVE LOVE WHITE FLAG - the best of all!!!!

Also Love Eden, Carry ON, Believe, Overflow (amazing last verses), Suckerpunch, Lyla , Sick an wrong...etc...etc...LOVE ALL.. :D

PS: But now Im completely in love with Dont walk away....

Dogstar 11-20-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Fallout's a darn good album, too. It's grown on me with every listen. I think Suckerpunch, Don't Walk Away and No One Nothing are probably my favorites off of that one. However, I think I still prefer Second Skin. That features my favorite MF4 song(Mar's Hotel) and there really isn't a single song I'd skip on that one. Just a great album overall.

I actually prefer Fallout over Second Skin, but I find myself listening to both regularly. I still can't believe that band didn't go further.

Steve 11-20-2005 07:16 PM

I like Sick and Wrong as well as the opening song. My favorite off of Second Skin is definately Mars Hotel. Love that song!

titan9 11-20-2005 09:20 PM

Me too! And I can't really explain what about that song makes me love it so much. The vocals, lyrics and music are fairly simple. No amazing solos, no amazing high notes, no amazing lyrics. I guess it's just how it's all blended together that makes the song awesome. I just think the music fits the vocals/lyrics beautifully.

Dogstar 11-20-2005 11:13 PM

I pop that CD into the car player a lot. It's a great driving song.

RMadd 11-21-2005 02:19 AM

hmmm... looks like we have a general consensus here that Mars Hotel pretty much kicks ass.

SummerGirl 11-30-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

hmmm... looks like we have a general consensus here that Mars Hotel pretty much kicks ass.

Agreed!!! "Mars Hotel" is my favorite MF4 song EVER!!! I love it!!!

facelessmike 11-30-2005 07:09 PM

Ive also really gotten into MF4...theyre really good. Cant believe I never heard of them before Myles joined AB. I listen to SS just as much as ODR or TGD...Hopefully Myles will have some more input on the next AB record and collaborate with Tremo to create some really awesome material!

Ana4Stapp 11-30-2005 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessmike
Ive also really gotten into MF4...theyre really good. Cant believe I never heard of them before Myles joined AB. I listen to SS just as much as ODR or TGD...Hopefully Myles will have some more input on the next AB record and collaborate with Tremo to create some really awesome material!

Did I write this post? lol :rolleyes: Exactly the same thing ...I think about it...
Btw, Im listening to 'Dont walk away' and boy... this is awesome! ;)

Quote:

Yeah, I like this song ...but my favorite is WHITE FLAG! ;)

scrit 11-30-2005 07:59 PM

Mf4 is probably my favorite band, every song is great. Both cds are amazing even though they sound VERY different. My favorite song by them is probably believe, but it could be carry on. I love the way he uses a delicate almost whisper in those songs, then builds to something much louder.

RMadd 12-01-2005 02:35 PM

Myles' "scream" at the end of Summergirl is chilling. he reaches way up into the clouds to hit a high one, then, once you think he's about to break, he goes even higher. i remember reading somewhere (not sure if it was on here, or some writer's review of AB) that Myles is merely a rip-off of Cornell. first off, Cornell is terribly difficult to merely rip off. you gotta have pipes to hit the notes he does, and hold them for so long. and, I must say, Myles is certainly no hack. not only does he get up there on various songs in M4 and AB, but he also hit the high notes live. also, covering songs by a band like Zeppelin, and trying to mimic Robert Plant's voice, that's pretty exceptional. i'm sure that, back in the day, there were prolly some people who compared Cornell's voice to Plant in Zep's heyday.

evyllsummer 12-02-2005 02:48 PM

Quote:

Myles' "scream" at the end of Summergirl is chilling. he reaches way up into the clouds to hit a high one, then, once you think he's about to break, he goes even higher. i remember reading somewhere (not sure if it was on here, or some writer's review of AB) that Myles is merely a rip-off of Cornell. first off, Cornell is terribly difficult to merely rip off. you gotta have pipes to hit the notes he does, and hold them for so long. and, I must say, Myles is certainly no hack. not only does he get up there on various songs in M4 and AB, but he also hit the high notes live. also, covering songs by a band like Zeppelin, and trying to mimic Robert Plant's voice, that's pretty exceptional. i'm sure that, back in the day, there were prolly some people who compared Cornell's voice to Plant in Zep's heyday.

actually, when Soundgarden first broke onto the scene in the late 80s, there was one name to which Cornell was consistantly being compared: Ronnie James Dio. The Cornell comparisons that consistantly dog Myles, that's how the Dio comparisons followed Cornell for years. (Dio, by the way, is a fan of Cornell). If you don't think that Cornell sounds a bit like Dio, listen to Rainbow's "Man On The Silver Mountain", then listen to Soundgarden's "Outshined".

As for Myles, he was heavily influenced by Plant, Buckley, and the recently deceased Chris Whitley...contrary to some opinion, Cornell was in NO WAY any influence on Myles...however, both Myles AND Cornell has worked with vocal coach Ron Anderson...but Myles holds the note in "Summergirl" for twenty seconds, and that's longer than any of the Cornell high notes, including "Call Me A Dog", which is about 14 seconds..."Save Me", also twenty seconds...and Myles certainly has more control over his higher register than Cornell does these days...now, Cornell in 1991, I'm not too sure...

Another interesting note, though, on Cornell, he is actually a BARITONE. He has trained himself to go into the higher register with the tenors (along with other baritones like Geoff Tate and David Coverdale), but he's a natural baritone...Myles is definitely a tenor, but, over the last few years, has been putting effort into developing his lower register, which he exhibits on "Broken Wings", "Burn It Down", and "Save Me"...

RMadd 12-02-2005 03:23 PM

<~~ dayamn! that's what i call useful information!
i certainly agree that, today, Cornell is hardly what he used to be. i was about to put that (or something to the effect of, right now, Myles is better), but i didn't want anyone driving by my house and leaving flaming bags of dog poo on my porch.

Dogstar 12-02-2005 03:28 PM

Cornell in 91 was insane. The notes he hit routinely were nuts. Beyond the Wheel, Birth Ritual, just to name a few.

evyllsummer 12-02-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Cornell in 91 was insane. The notes he hit routinely were nuts. Beyond the Wheel, Birth Ritual, just to name a few.

yup...the first time I heard Cornell was in 1989, my freshman year in college...someone loaned me "Louder Than Love", and my first reaction was that I thought that, on "Hands All Over", he sounded like old school Bono...but, when I heard the intro to "Loud Love", I was hooked...and, for the record, Audioslave does a pretty good live cover of "Loud Love"...Cornell still has the range for that song, but he doesn't have the control or sustain that he had back in the day...still, though, Cornell is one of my favorites ever and always will be...and, yeah, 1991 was Cornell at his strongest and most versatile...both TOTD and Badmotorfinger were recorded that year...

Quote:

certainly agree that, today, Cornell is hardly what he used to be.

Yeah, he just doesn't have the control or sustain that he had back in the day...if you hear the Soundgarden song "Loud Love", then listen to Audioslave's cover, you can hear a BIG difference...but I still love Cornell...current damaged Cornell is STILL better than 90% of what's on the radio right now...and, in comparison to Myles, Cornell couldn't pull off FTR or SM these days...now, in 1991, he may have been able to...

Dogstar 12-02-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
yup...the first time I heard Cornell was in 1989, my freshman year in college...someone loaned me "Louder Than Love", and my first reaction was that I thought that, on "Hands All Over", he sounded like old school Bono...but, when I heard the intro to "Loud Love", I was hooked...and, for the record, Audioslave does a pretty good live cover of "Loud Love"...Cornell still has the range for that song, but he doesn't have the control or sustain that he had back in the day...still, though, Cornell is one of my favorites ever and always will be...and, yeah, 1991 was Cornell at his strongest and most versatile...both TOTD and Badmotorfinger were recorded that year...

Yup...Louder Than Love sold me as well. Even a Cornell not at the '91 level is a bazillion times better than some of the singers out there today.

titan9 12-02-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yup...Louder Than Love sold me as well. Even a Cornell not at the '91 level is a bazillion times better than some of the singers out there today.

Agreed. I'll listen to the Cornell of today above Chad Kroeger, Brad Arnold or *insert "rock" vocalist here*. Cornell is definitely one of my top 5 favorite vocalists, probably only second to Myles. :D

Bridge of Clay 12-02-2005 07:28 PM

man... I'm priviledged for reading Chris' posts! lol Seriously... you should have a music column up somewhere!

and yeah, me definately likes Myles is working on his lower register. I don't know much of Cornell though, except for Audioslave. I never got into the early 90's music. Actually I can't seem to like it...

Once I used to care about Aerosmith, Guns and Nirvana, but I admit it was by pressure of media. I only started caring for music after I heard Higher on the radio. So pretty much, my musical history begins there.

And I know, shame on me... I have to dedicate sometime to get to know the old stuff.

And I'm working on that, my SRV live @ Montreaux DVD came in today!!!

Dogstar 12-02-2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Once I used to care about Aerosmith, Guns and Nirvana, but I admit it was by pressure of media. I only started caring for music after I heard Higher on the radio. So pretty much, my musical history begins there.

And I know, shame on me... I have to dedicate sometime to get to know the old stuff.

You're young, you still have time ;)
Quote:

And I'm working on that, my SRV live @ Montreaux DVD came in today!!!
NICE!

evyllsummer 12-03-2005 02:06 AM

Quote:

man... I'm priviledged for reading Chris' posts! lol Seriously... you should have a music column up somewhere!

I must warn you, Marcos...I'm very susceptible to flattery...;)

Quote:

and yeah, me definately likes Myles is working on his lower register. I don't know much of Cornell though, except for Audioslave. I never got into the early 90's music. Actually I can't seem to like it...

well, it's never too late...Myles has only just recently learned to appreciate Alice In Chains...that's the great thing about music, man...it's NEVER too late...I only REALLY got into Led Zeppelin until a couple of years ago...Buckley, same thing...in fact, for a while there, I was so discouraged with modern rock (this was prior to my discovery of MK) that I would just go back into the seventies and find cool stuff there...

Quote:

again, though, man, just because that's where it began doesn't mean that you can't go back and check out the older stuff...bands like Van Halen, Night Ranger, and Bon Jovi got me into rock music, but, because of that initial discovery, I have found bands that I like WAY more than those guys...

[although, for the record, I still LOVE Night Ranger (the 80s stuff), and Jack Blades is one of my favorite songwriters...and Van Halen, well, I have everything of theirs except the one that Cherone sang on...]

Quote:

yup...

Quote:

Agreed. I'll listen to the Cornell of today above Chad Kroeger, Brad Arnold or *insert "rock" vocalist here*. Cornell is definitely one of my top 5 favorite vocalists, probably only second to Myles.

yup...although, speaking of vocalists better than most AND someone that sounds like Cornell at times: Ian Thornley...his solo album was ok, but the Big Wreck albums are BRILLIANT!!!

titan9 12-03-2005 11:11 AM

Yeah, I'v heard of Thornley. I think I DLed a song by him called "So far, so good". I really liked his vocals on that so I'll have to check out the Big Wreck stuff.

evyllsummer 12-03-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Yeah, I'v heard of Thornley. I think I DLed a song by him called "So far, so good". I really liked his vocals on that so I'll have to check out the Big Wreck stuff.

yeah, the Big Wreck stuff is significantly better than Thornley...the second BW album The Pleasure And The Greed has Thornley doing some pretty cool stuff, INCLUDING singing a song called "Breakthrough" with another up and coming vocalist named Myles F'n Kennedy...

RMadd 12-03-2005 06:38 PM

bah, Chad Kroeger and Nickelback suck, and i've gotten a bit sick of 3DD.

evyllsummer 12-05-2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

bah, Chad Kroeger and Nickelback suck, and i've gotten a bit sick of 3DD.

I think that "Photograph" is pretty decent for a country song...

RMadd 12-05-2005 02:40 AM

i actually came across (or maybe someone posted on here... i don't recall) someone else's "remix" of "How You Remind Me" (their 1st most-overplayed lead single) and "Someday" (their 2nd-most-overplayed lead single)... granted it did require slowing down the tempo of one of the two, but they are structured almost exactly identically! i think i still have it, if anyone's interested. and Photograph, to me, isn't really that much different from anything else they've done. for me, there's nothing about them, or 3DD, for that matter, that really stands out, above any other bands today.

evyllsummer 12-05-2005 03:03 AM

oh, I agree that Nickelback is nothing special, but the song "Photograph" sounds like what is called "new country"...if I heard that song and someone told me that it was Keith Urban or something, I wouldn't have been surprised at all...

titan9 12-05-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
I think that "Photograph" is pretty decent for a country song...

LOL! "Photograph" features some of the worst song lyrics ever. Even my friend who likes the song admits that. Far worse than even a Barenaked Ladies song(I'm still debating on what the worst thing to come out of Canada is: Barenaked Ladies, Nickelback or Celine Dion). :laugh: Anyway, I think I started hating Nickelback right around the time their last CD was released. The singles were just so horrid(especially "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good") that I couldn't like them at all, no matter how good the rest of their CD was(and from what I've heard, the rest of that CD wasn't good). Basically, Nickelback's songs make me want to bash my head against the wall. ;)

3DD, unfortunately, isn't much better. But I don't dislike them as much as I dislike Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd.

RMadd, would you be so kind as to upload that remix to yousendit.com and post the link here? I've heard about the remix, but never actually listened to it.

rainfall 12-05-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessmike

If I am remembering right... I do believe Myles will have a very strong hand in writing the next album. Of course Tremonti will be a part of it I am sure...but difinitely Myles will be putting more than two cents in he has to. :D

Bridge of Clay 12-05-2005 01:12 PM

I like Nickelback's "Someday" and "How You Remind Me". Don't care for the rest though.