CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jewel Case? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12806)

Trinity 10-29-2009 06:04 PM

Jewel Case?

Is the new cd selling in a jewel case anywhere? I went to HMV yesterday and all they have is the cd/dvd cardboard sleeve and the regular cd in a cardboard sleeve as well. I hate cardboard sleeves! :mad: Is it not selling in jewel case?

rabidgopher04 10-29-2009 06:36 PM

Re: Jewel Case?

Nope, no jewel case.

shadyogrady 10-29-2009 08:55 PM

The CD case sucks. It’s very prone to scratching the disc as you enter and exit the CD from the case. Very poor decision by the band. WTF. They should look at a jewel case from the band Porcupine Tree and see how quality makes the difference even using cardboard. Obviously, the music is important but get for real, the quality of the packaging is very important, particularly if they expect the consumer to pull the disc out on a frequent basis. I've lost some respect for the band and their ability to delegate important responsibilities to those who they pay to manage things like this. If they made this horrible decision, shame on them. I won't pay for another album in this form of packaging. I'll burn a copy from another fan to get my music. Unreal!!

Icedmofo 10-29-2009 09:05 PM

Before you lose respect of the band over bad packaging, there is a good chance that they had no idea or say over how the cd was packaged, that's the label's responsibility, and while they can submit art, they don't really have a voice in how it's delivered or marketed.

This is why some artists form their own labels, more total control over pretty much everything.

Also, managers have nothing to do with how a cd is packaged.

But yeah, jacking them out of their fair share by burning a copy instead of buying it because of something that isn't their fault is totally cool too, that totally makes the situation better and doesn't negate your opinion. /end sarcasm

Agent D 10-29-2009 09:13 PM

Yeah, it's the label's fault, not Creed's and yes, the case sucks.

00iceman 10-29-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadyogrady
I'll burn a copy from another fan to get my music. Unreal!!

Obviously just making an excuse to be cheap and not support the band. You are not a Creed fan. Why don't you stop wasting web space with your posts and go burn a copy of a Ween album or some other garbage to listen to. :mad1:

pricey.21 10-29-2009 10:35 PM

Oh no its the end of the world!

nickmiller71 10-29-2009 10:37 PM

I actually like the case...it looks classy.

King Oropher 10-29-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00iceman
Obviously just making an excuse to be cheap and not support the band. You are not a Creed fan. Why don't you stop wasting web space with your posts and go burn a copy of a Ween album or some other garbage to listen to. :mad1:

Lmao

nagpo 10-29-2009 11:29 PM

people still buy CDs?

Agent D 10-29-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
people still buy CDs?

Believe it or not haha.

Higher_Desire 10-29-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
people still buy CDs?

When they actually support a band, yes they do.

Quote:

The CD case sucks. It’s very prone to scratching the disc as you enter and exit the CD from the case... I'll burn a copy from another fan to get my music. Unreal!!

Why don't you just get it and put it in your own jewel case if you're that concerned about it?

rabidgopher04 10-30-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
When they actually support a band, yes they do.

One can also support a band through iTunes or any other .mp3 vendor.

BSC 10-30-2009 04:57 AM

What is a jewel case??

Sorry, I know that was a noob question.

Steve 10-30-2009 08:06 AM

I'd rather have a physical copy of the original CD... but I guess I'm just a "collector" and "completest."

00iceman 10-30-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04
One can also support a band through iTunes or any other .mp3 vendor.

True dat. I prefer the physical albums for my favorite band, though. Imagine meeting the band and saying, "will you please sign my iPod?" Doesn't work as well as having an album for them to sign.

Besides that, there's something about owning the actual album with the artwork and all.

Mr. Prophet Man 10-30-2009 10:34 AM

I usually buy CDs used from my local record store (Yes they still exist). But I just had to buy FC as new because of the special edition.

Mr. Prophet Man 10-30-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00iceman
Besides that, there's something about owning the actual album with the artwork and all.

Agreed.

TrulyAmazing 10-30-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Believe it or not haha.

Yes indeed they do i rarley never burn cd unless its classic stuff or some what We BUY Here Because Music Fans Stll Care About The Packaging And Art Work And So Forth , :rockon:

razzroe 10-30-2009 11:54 AM

i agree with icedmofo the label makes the decisions "NOT THE THE BAND."Trust me my band is signed to a new label outta San Francisco.in the conference call we had they didnt come out and say it but they pretty much have the upper hand. when it comes to decisions when it comes to the band.

razzroe 10-30-2009 11:56 AM

what comes comes with the special edition?mr. prophet man.

Trinity 10-30-2009 12:38 PM

To whoever asked... a jewel case is the plastic case that you see most CD's in.

Trinity 10-30-2009 12:38 PM

And I agree about having a physical copy of the cd. I don't download anything at all. I've got 915 cds and none of them are downloaded or burned.

Mr. Prophet Man 10-30-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzroe
what comes comes with the special edition?mr. prophet man.

It's the Walmart limted edition with a DVD.

BSC 10-30-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity
To whoever asked... a jewel case is the plastic case that you see most CD's in.

Oh thanks for that.

I expected it to be something different then an average CD case.

shadyogrady 10-30-2009 09:00 PM

I support the band buy purchasing all their offically released albums and attending concerts. I haven't attended one of their concerts yet, but I paid for my wife to see them when they were in town. I'll continue to support the band this Spring/Summer if they come to a place near my area. If they can't get their shit together regarding future music packaging, I may look at other options. This band is way too good to have poorly packaged CDs. They need to demand nothing less than top shelf quality. Point made.

Shady

josha31042 10-30-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

I support the band buy purchasing all their offically released albums and attending concerts. I haven't attended one of their concerts yet, but I paid for my wife to see them when they were in town. I'll continue to support the band this Spring/Summer if they come to a place near my area. If they can't get their shit together regarding future music packaging, I may look at other options. This band is way too good to have poorly packaged CDs. They need to demand nothing less than top shelf quality. Point made.

Shady

Whatever you say, kiddo.

Agent D 10-30-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Why don't you just get it and put it in your own jewel case if you're that concerned about it?

Then there'd be no artwork! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I'd rather have a physical copy of the original CD... but I guess I'm just a "collector" and "completest."

Same here, Steve. I love having the tangible thing in my hand.

Mr. Prophet Man 10-31-2009 01:09 PM

Got my copy today and I gotta agree that the packaging sucks. Luckily I won't have to touch the actual CD after loading the songs into my Zune.

Icedmofo 10-31-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Shady

Actually you made no point whatsoever because you completely ignored the fact that the band has no say over how the cd is packaged, they can demand all they want, but unless they are running the label themselves, which they aren't, they have no say over the matter.

Gotta love it when people completely ignore the facts and still try to make it sound like they have any idea what they're talking about.

Higher_Desire 10-31-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve

Haha. Me too Steve!