CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   should alterbridge do creed covers on tour? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6615)

WeatheredWoman 05-21-2004 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
You could put anybody else with a raspy voice in his place and it would work.

Awww Dude!!
If you really think that just anybody with a raspy voice will sound exactly like Scott Stapp... you must suffer from a very severe form of tinnitus! (or a complete lack of musical hearing) :rolleyes:
Poor you! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
I haven''t had the opputunity to listen to Myles yet...

Then get your ass off of this board and take a listen! Myles rocks too! :thumbsup:

Go to www.themayfieldfour.com and take a listen in the music-section!!!

WeatheredWoman 05-21-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Creed is not Creed without all of them. So, no, they shouldn't play any Creed. I think it would hurt them more than help them. There are too many Scott S. fans who would be offended by their playing Creed songs, at least at the outset.

Include the real CREED-fans too! Not just the Scott-fans! It's not just black and white!
This is starting to taste like 2 camps... an AlterBridge-camp and a Scott Stapp-camp... Ugly!!!! :yikes:

aussiecreeder 05-21-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Include the real CREED-fans too! Not just the Scott-fans! It's not just black and white!
This is starting to taste like 2 camps... an AlterBridge-camp and a Scott Stapp-camp... Ugly!!!! :yikes:

i agree we're all one......i love you guys :eek:

Bridge of Clay 05-22-2004 08:26 PM

doh... you paid to watch Alterbridge...not Creed cover

aussiecreeder 05-23-2004 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
doh... you paid to watch Alterbridge...not Creed cover

so Alter Bridge shouldn't cover anyone? forget Creed but bands really should pay some respect to their influences, its great seeing great bands covering great music.

Dogstar 05-23-2004 03:52 AM

I love covers. I like a few surprises like that during a show.

aussiecreeder 05-23-2004 04:06 AM

Quote:

I love covers. I like a few surprises like that during a show.

me too a couple of covers rule, you don't want 4 or 5 but 1 or 2 and cowabunga! :D Alter Bridge must cover Metallica! :)

Dogstar 05-23-2004 04:19 AM

Yes!! That would rock! It would have to be one of the ones without James' growl, though...I haven't heard much evidence of a Myles growl :D.

aussiecreeder 05-23-2004 09:30 AM

Quote:

Yes!! That would rock! It would have to be one of the ones without James' growl, though...I haven't heard much evidence of a Myles growl :D.

yeah true that not too much of him growling! :D perhaps "fuel" wouldn't be the best choice....i'ld love to see mark doing his best kirk hammet impersonation and alter bridge play "one". now that would rock! :D

Dogstar 05-23-2004 12:23 PM

Hahaha, yeah!!! That would rock.

jbjfan 06-06-2004 05:07 PM

you cant sing creed without creed, and in my opinion, scott was creed!!!! no offence to mark or phillips though theri great. you just cant have anyother singer sing creed but scott! if they covered a song like with arms wide open i would have a fit!!!!!!

HuMaN~ClAy 06-06-2004 05:52 PM

i know that creed isn't one person alone. it was all three/four that made it creed. I know i would be pretty upset if either stapp or alter bridge covered any creed songs. nobody else would be able to sing it like stapp, and nobody else would be able to play it like tremonti and flip.

Mr. Prophet Man 06-09-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedman
Myles playing Stapp. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Slap in the Face! (BULLETS)

why would it be a slap in the face? Stapp should be honored if AB covers Creed, not hate it, unless he hates the other Creed guys now. What if AB does a creed song and myles sounded alot better than stapp himself? it's possible.

Mr. Prophet Man 06-09-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjfan
you cant sing creed without creed, and in my opinion, scott was creed!!!! no offence to mark or phillips though theri great. you just cant have anyother singer sing creed but scott! if they covered a song like with arms wide open i would have a fit!!!!!!

you're going to far... saying creed is a one man band

Mr. Prophet Man 06-09-2004 03:08 PM

Hey steve what do you think?