CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Columbus Interview - Stapp Walks Out (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9738)

Chase 10-12-2005 04:11 PM

Well... I don't think anyone deserves that kind of treatment. If an artist takes time out of their busy schedule to hang out and talk to some DJs about their current projects... they should be treated with some respect. Asking Stapp about how much his ex wife got from the divorce is ridiculous. But why is everyone beating up on Stapp for doing something that Alter Bridge has constantly done for the past year? If Stapp felt like Tremonti didn't have his back... that's how he felt. If Stapp felt like Tremonti was doing something that wasn't beneficial for the band... that's how he felt. It's hard to take either side seriously because we all know that both sides have hard feelings towards each other. It's obvious that most of the people in here are biased towards one side or the other... but if Alter Bridge showed up to do an interview and the DJs were telling them that they were a cheap Creed knock off... everyone in here would be pissed off. There's a line that should be drawn regardless of who you support more.

titan9 10-12-2005 04:41 PM

Well, I just listened to the interview. I'm going to have to side more with Stapp on this one. The radio guys(the chick wasn't that bad for most of the interview) were just complete jerks(and I could call them far worse names) the entire interview. Bringing up the divorce, Stapp's religion(at least in the way they talked about it) and that story was just completely distasteful. Calling him a "loose-cannon" to his face was a very stupid, disrespectful thing to do.

Stapp was, for the most part, restrained. He went along with it, even had some laughs. But eventually, he got sick of the way they were talking to him, and he left. If that were me, I would have left as well, although I would not have said some of the things that Stapp said. Stapp wasn't without fault in this interview, though. He said some things that stirred the pot. He came across vastly different in this interview then in, say, the interview he did for Christianity Today last year. He came across as being sorta hypocritical. He didn't help himself by saying some of the things that he said.

Overall, I'm still disappointed with some of Stapp's behavior, but I do sympathize with him in some regards. If I were in his shoes, I would have been ticked off after a while. There's only so much trash one can take.

Trimontana 10-12-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
To quote Papa Roach(how ironic it is that I'm quoting them, lol) "compassion's in my nature". :laugh:

its a nice quote coming from ya titan ;) ...i have to love them :D

RMadd 10-12-2005 05:16 PM

good for scott walking out on them... i was listening to the interview, and it sounded alright until the 18th minute, when they just started walking all over him. there's just too many quotes i can put down of the main interviewer being an egomaniacal prick... "this is my goddamn studio, we're gonna talk about what i want to talk about" and the like.... even if some of what they said might've been true (then again, it may be false), they obviously went about this interview with a negative standpoint from the get-go. wouldn't you think, if you've got a new single on the radio and an album dropping in less than 2 months, that the conversation would be focused mostly on that? sure they might make mention of past occurrences and such, but that shouldn't be the focus of the interview, as it was in this case. and they were talking about "being real." how real is it when you continue to trash someone's reputation behind his back after he's left your "goddamn studio"? seems pretty fucked up to me.

Dogstar 10-12-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

...we all know that both sides have hard feelings towards each other.
That's the sad part. I wish they could just go about their business without trashing each other, regardless of who pushes the buttons.

titan9 10-12-2005 06:33 PM

That's pretty much how I've felt since the break-up. They made some awesome music together, and I just wish that they could be respectful toward each other and towards the fans, and just let it go. What's done is done; bashing each other does no good.

Ana4Stapp 10-12-2005 06:59 PM

Its like a divorce titan, after 10 years together which means some enthusiastics days plenty of love moments, in the end you only remember the other's faults and of course the boring launchs with his/her family ....:rolleyes:

titan9 10-12-2005 08:05 PM

Yeah, but there are peaceful divorces, where those who have gotten the divorce remain on friendly terms. Too bad this couldn't be one of those divorces. :laugh:

ctfan 10-13-2005 08:28 PM

What's really scary is the fact that the program director waited 8...count em 8 years to show his ass on the air. All because Stapp didn't run up and give him a big ol bear hug and sloppy kiss on the cheek and say "Hi!! how are ya, damn good to meet ya man". "Love the radio station man, glad to hear your selling our tix and playing our songs", and tell him how nice looking his chick was. I do believe that Stapp was, what 24 yo back then. I guess age didn't mean much to the program director. What a freakin jerk.

If that weren't bad enough, twice Stapp asked the man if he didn't get upset when the other guys ignored him, and twice the program director blew him off.

Good for Stapp for walking out. He's a better person than I am, I would have walked out 5 mins after that set-up of an interview started....and flipped them the finger when I left.

metalanus 10-13-2005 09:56 PM

the announcer said Go*damn on the radio can they get fined for that by the FCC. Some dihard (not me) should write the FCC.

I agree stapp isnt acting christian about the breakup but the interview was obviously an atempt to get him to act defensive and angry and thats why the first question involved the x-wife. People know when celebraties are vulnerable and act to bring the anger issue out of them. im sure most people would have acted as stapp did. It was 3 against 1 and had stapp had the rest of his band there mabye he would'nt have been so vulnerable

Dogstar 10-14-2005 12:03 AM

Yup, it was a set-up from the get-go and pretty shitty, no matter how Stapp's been acting.

ctfan 10-14-2005 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalanus
the announcer said Go*damn on the radio can they get fined for that by the FCC. Some dihard (not me) should write the FCC.

I agree stapp isnt acting christian about the breakup but the interview was obviously an atempt to get him to act defensive and angry and thats why the first question involved the x-wife. People know when celebraties are vulnerable and act to bring the anger issue out of them. im sure most people would have acted as stapp did. It was 3 against 1 and had stapp had the rest of his band there mabye he would'nt have been so vulnerable

True, the announcer did say it was "their goddamn station" and that they "could talk about what they wanted". I'm sure they can, but Stapp doesn't, and he didn't. :)

creedlvr 10-18-2005 09:40 PM

Is there another place I could find this audio in a different format? I am having trouble with this one and I really want to hear this.