CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tool - Vicarious (Leaked) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10862)

Steve 04-16-2006 11:22 PM

Re: Tool - Vicarious (Leaked)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
even the books u buy....it says dont lent it to any one esle too............in strick sence...........u cant even lend the book to ur brother or room mate

Are you saying libraries are illegal? A library basically does exactly what you are saying here.

Everyone knows downloading music is piracy and illegal. Most artists rely on their albums and singles to help them get people to come to their concerts. That's where artists really make their money, not from the album sales.

Dogstar 04-17-2006 06:13 PM

Woooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, U.S. spring tour dates announced!! I think I can go to two shows. I'm stoked!!

From toolband.com:

SUN-APR-30 INDIO, CA/ COACHELLA FESTIVAL
TUE-MAY-02 SEATTLE/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
THU-MAY-04 OAKLAND/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
FRI-MAY-05 LAS VEGAS/ THE JOINT
SAT-MAY-06 PHOENIX/ GAMMAGE HALL
MON-MAY-08 DALLAS/ McFARLIN AUDITORIUM
WED-MAY-10 DENVER/ TEMPLE BUELL THEATRE
THU-MAY-11 KANSAS CITY/ MEMORIAL HALL
FRI-MAY-12 MINNEAPOLIS/ ORPHEUM THEATRE
SAT-MAY-13 CHICAGO/ AUDITORIUM THEATRE
MON-MAY-15 DETROIT/ FOX THEATRE
TUE-MAY-16 TORONTO/ HUMMINGBIRD THEATRE
THU-MAY-17 PHILADELPHIA/ TOWER THEATRE
FRI-MAY-19 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
SAT-MAY-20 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
SUN-MAY-21 BOSTON/ WANG CENTRE

Though May 17th is Wednesday, which is what Ticketbastard has. Either way, I'm going to that one and the one in NYC on the 20th. YEAAAAAAAAH!!!

bilal 04-17-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Are you saying libraries are illegal? A library basically does exactly what you are saying here.

Everyone knows downloading music is piracy and illegal. Most artists rely on their albums and singles to help them get people to come to their concerts. That's where artists really make their money, not from the album sales.

ahh....steve........ just open any book's first couple of pages and ull see copyright statements that clearly forbids lending EXCEPT WITH PRIOR approval of publisher.............libraries are just like radio stations.............they lent out on the permission of the publisher/artist...................

Muad'Dib 04-19-2006 06:50 AM

Well whole album has been leaked to net, and I dont really know what to say. Its not bad, first few listens it didnt really appeal to me but some of the songs are growing on me. Not what I expected to be honest.

Steve 04-20-2006 07:12 PM

Ok I'm not a big fan of Tool and after listening to the first couple of songs on the new album I really don't care for them. However I've been reading on some sites about the Tool album. So apparently there's this theory that the leaked Tool album is actually a decoy album of b-sides to fool everyone into thinking this is the actual album. Apparently whoever writes the Tool newsletter on their official site posted some info about a decoy album being leaked back in Sep 2005. Anyone hear anything about this and/or buy this theory?

Dogstar 04-20-2006 11:20 PM

Yes, I'm familiar with all of that and to be honest, I don't know what to think. I wouldn't put it past Tool to pull something like that. Today, I saw some pics posted at another board of t-shirts that were shipped to a store where this person who posted them works, and they say 10,000 Days on them, but then again, the title could remain, but the music could be completely different.

I think the decoy theory stems from an overall letdown of this album. People had really high expectations for it, and right now, a lot of people are not feeling it. I've never had to warm up to a Tool album, but with this one, I will have to. There are some great moments on it and maybe it's the quality of the leak, but the vocals are way low, too low for me, and a few of the tracks are just kind of boring, which is unusual for Tool songs. The guitar parts are too loud and the drumming doesn't seem as engaging as on past Tool albums. Even though Tool songs tend to be long, I've never gotten bored with them. At least two of the songs on the new album, one that is 8 minutes and one that is 11 minutes, each could be three minutes shorter.

I wonder what jango thinks. I know he hasn't been here in ages, but he's a big Tool fan :D.

metalchris25 04-21-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
I didnt like the song..

Me niether. They only have one good album and I cant even remember what it was called. These guys have been craptacular for far too long.