CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   TGD Liner Notes(originally posted at PBF) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9977)

titan9 11-19-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
it's when you're under pressure that you show your true character.

I tend to disagree with that. When I'm under-pressure or someone is yelling at me, I tend to lash out in response. Does that make me a hot-head or an asshole? No, because 99% of the time, I'm a peaceful, nice person who maintains his composure. We're all human beings; we all make mistakes. I don't want how I act under-pressure to determine whether I'm nice or hot-headed.

The Lithium 11-19-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
I don't think it's sarcasm.

I've heard a few of his interviews and his asshole/arrogance persona only seem to surface when he's under pressure - I think he uses it as a defence mechanism to deflect the pressure and make himself look 'tough'.
He only seems to say stupid things in interviews when he's asked a confrontational question.

Man, I LOOOVE your points! Welcome to the board! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
it's when you're under pressure that you show your true character.

I really don't have to speak my own opinions anymore! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I tend to disagree with that. When I'm under-pressure or someone is yelling at me, I tend to lash out in response. Does that make me a hot-head or an asshole? No, because 99% of the time, I'm a peaceful, nice person who maintains his composure. We're all human beings; we all make mistakes. I don't want how I act under-pressure to determine whether I'm nice or hot-headed.

Yes, that's true, but come on. You don't just make up stuff like "Mark is a fucking asshole" because someone is asking you question you're not comfortable with. If you do, you are a very unproffessionall person who sure shouldn't be making interviews about your past band Creed.

TeriB19 11-19-2005 12:15 PM

Remember in the Rolling Stone interview, in the very beginning of the article this was written:

Mostly, Creed have used the barbs that come their way - from music critics, for example, and from people such a Fred Durst with whom they've had an extended feud - as inspiration. "They're just writing another song for us," Tremonti says.

I tend to look at Stapp's liner notes in that respect.

Steve 11-19-2005 01:19 PM

^^ I agree, which could also insinuate then that some of the songs may have been directed towards the AB crew.

Torn Signs 11-19-2005 01:26 PM

I don't really see a point in trying to judge his character either way with these words, as only he himself knows what he meant.

titan9 11-19-2005 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Remember in the Rolling Stone interview, in the very beginning of the article this was written:

Mostly, Creed have used the barbs that come their way - from music critics, for example, and from people such a Fred Durst with whom they've had an extended feud - as inspiration. "They're just writing another song for us," Tremonti says.

I tend to look at Stapp's liner notes in that respect.

Great point. I'd just like to think that he would be a bit more mature than that, but who knows.

The Lithium 11-19-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Signs
I don't really see a point in trying to judge his character either way with these words, as only he himself knows what he meant.

This is a Scott Stapp forum... This is what we do...

GregS 11-19-2005 08:20 PM

That comment in the booklet he has put on it... it could finallybe that Stapp has come to his sences and thought " hey.. creed's in the past now , i think i'll stop being an ass and get on with my new record ". That would be very cool if true but i dunno. It could be sarcastic.. i mean ,one minute he really hates his old bandmates , the next minute hes thanking them.. you can see aform of sarcasm but you just dont know with him these days.

Bridge of Clay 11-19-2005 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
This is a Scott Stapp forum... This is what we do...

LMAO!!!

Bridge of Clay 11-19-2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9

nah, that's just your innerself awaiting the right time to take control over your wanna be persona. :D

LOL

(you do realize I'm just joking around)

metalanus 11-21-2005 08:55 AM

I think stapp wrote it geunuinly because honestly if it wasnt for the guys and producer together making it big time then stapp would not be putting out a solo albulm

a scott stapp tour with alterbridge would be intresting but its not going to happen. it would be very awkward.

The Lithium 11-21-2005 09:39 AM

No, it's NOT gonna happen! EVER!!!

GregS 11-21-2005 10:02 AM

An AB tour with Stapp would just be hell on earth...

The Lithium 11-21-2005 10:11 AM

it would be Creed reunited, but yet separated.

TeriB19 11-21-2005 12:54 PM

Alright, let's all extinguish our crackpipes and turn up the music.