CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Censorship in the "Land of Freedom" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5554)

hayley 01-18-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
I have heard the edited version. Atleast they play the song! Some stations seem to have something against Creed, so they don't play the songs untill they have to.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. There are DJ's on our rock station that love Creed, and there are the ones that hate them. It's funny. I have always said that I would LOVE to hear different Creed songs on the radio than just the radio friendly songs, but I guess we should be greatful that they are on, at least

shiver 01-19-2004 12:57 AM

To me personally God with the word damn plced after God is offensive, and more offensive than any other thing anyone can say. My local radio station censors the God part. In a way though it doesn't neccesarily help because you know what he's saying and it still brings attention to it. But I would still rather not here that.

creedlvr 01-19-2004 12:59 AM

I know that word is quite offensive to a lot of people ... but I never really got why. It's not as bad as some other words.

shiver 01-19-2004 01:04 AM

Well, not to make this a religious deal, but well...It's a religious deal. Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain. That is what's happening. It's just that society has become immune to such things and...
I'm digressing...Again.

creedlvr 01-19-2004 01:09 AM

okay ... i see your point.

hayley 01-19-2004 01:54 AM

I have never looked at "Goddamn" as an offensive word, I guess that's because I'm not religious, but I know that some do, and I respect that

Said Eyes 01-20-2004 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
The reason "God" was censored is not because "God" is offensive, but because it's offensive to say "God damned" to certain people. That song's always been edited like that on the radio.

So if I start to find the word "Pants" offensive again (like it once was) can I get that bleeped out on songs and in the media?

Offense is in the eye of the beholder. If you understand why it's in the song then I can't see how anyone can take it as offensive, whatever your religion.

Steve 01-20-2004 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
So if I start to find the word "Pants" offensive again (like it once was) can I get that bleeped out on songs and in the media?

Offense is in the eye of the beholder. If you understand why it's in the song then I can't see how anyone can take it as offensive, whatever your religion.

If you have enough people backing you and/or have the means to get your feelings out, yes you can probably get the word "pants" bleeped from the radio. That's the problem with society nowadays. If something is said and offends a group of people, the rest of the world must change their ways to please them.

Just look at the case in America where people were suing public school districts because the schools took out 5 minutes to say the pledge of alligence. Because the pledge has the word "God" in it, certain people were offended by that. They want the word removed from the pledge....

shiver 01-20-2004 02:45 AM

And those certain people were idiots.

Jez 01-20-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
And those certain people were idiots.

That's also a matter of personal opinion.

Higher_Desire 01-20-2004 10:44 PM

Thanks for your input on this topic, people. I hadn't thought about it in the ways some of you mentioned.

H-D :hypno:

hayley 01-20-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
That's the problem with society nowadays. If something is said and offends a group of people, the rest of the world must change their ways to please them.

Yeah that's pathetic. Either you listen because you like it, or you don't listen because you hate it, it's as simple as that.

shiver 01-20-2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
That's also a matter of personal opinion.

Nah, that's the truth.

Dogstar 01-21-2004 01:52 AM

In your eyes, maybe, shiver.

JenRN 01-21-2004 09:47 AM

Oh, I wonder when the world became so complicated? (sigh)