Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Heartfelt wishes for out troops! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Heartfelt wishes for out troops!

JenRN
12-12-2002, 08:38 AM
With the possibility of impending war upon us, say a few prayers for the men and women fighting for our freedom we all love! Even if you don't "believe" or agree with war, the simple fact remains it is REAL and here! Living in the Washington DC area myself I have seen several troops deployed recently and how hard it is to be away from their families for so long, not knowing if they will return safely! My father did it, my grandfather did it and it is just as hard today because we are fighting such a different war, so scary and so unsettling!
So when you think of the holidays, also say a little prayer for them, as they are literally going into a battlefield of uncertainty and evil!

TeriB19
12-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Jen, thank you so much for this thread. I pray everyday for those that are already in the middle of it and for those who may be pulled away from their families to help. My husband served 6 years in the Navy and is currently in the Reserves, and I pray on a daily basis that he and his battalion stay right where they are.

Weathered
12-12-2002, 07:06 PM
my sisters b/f is in the marines and he has not yet gone over but after 9/11 he had to always have his bags packed incase he got called

Read JDM
12-12-2002, 10:09 PM
This is a great thread. I am always 100% behind our soldiers and wish them the best, but by and large I never think to actually pray for them. I don't know why that is. However, now that you've reminded me, I most certainly will.

I think it's unfortunate how sometimes, when someone is against war in general or against a certain war in particular, it seems as if they're rooting against our military. It's not always the case, obviously, but sometimes it is. I would hope for those who feel this way that they can get behind our men in uniform if they do, indeed, go to war. If we can find more peaceful solutions to usurping the powers of destruction, even better.

The United States military has beaten back the forces of evil for 200 years now, overthrowing tyranny, slavery (some of the military anyway), facism, communism, fundamentalism of all shapes and sizes, and some of the most horrific dictators the world has ever known. God bless every single man and woman who goes to battle on behalf of us and our constitution. They are, in my mind, going to battle on behalf of every freedom-loving person the world over.

TeriB19
12-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Perfectly worded, Read. Thanks for the support.

Dogstar
12-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Amen, Read...I have a reservist friend who's somewhere overseas (he can't say where), and I am praying for him and everybody else who is fighting for us.

allison
12-13-2002, 01:04 PM
I am so glad you thought to make this thread, Jen. It’s so important. As a child of a career Navy man and the grandchild of two WWII vets, I have a deep appreciation for what the military and our soldiers do for us, as Americans. Thanks for the reminder to pray for them, and for our leaders, too, so that they will make wise choices.

JenRN
12-13-2002, 10:01 PM
I have so much respect for our troops! they need to be comended more than they are!:)

souldancer
12-14-2002, 12:12 AM
...prayers for families faced with this sadness
...prayers that 'leaders' be lead by wisdom
...prayers extending out to domestic evils of hate, bigotry, ignorance, cruelty and greed in our country's homes, communities and the nation.

JenRN
12-14-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
...prayers for families faced with this sadness
...prayers that 'leaders' be lead by wisdom
...prayers extending out  to domestic evils of hate, bigotry, ignorance, cruelty and greed in our country's homes, communities and the nation.

Amen! ;)

iris69
12-15-2002, 12:28 AM
god bless our troops and keep them safe!

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Tools of the government. We have no reason for being in iraq, korea, anywhere. We need to start learning to keep to ourselves. We were originally an isolationist people, but as our sociopolitical power grew, we now feel the need to butt in to everyone elses affairs.. that's just wrong... and our men will die for it. i'm sorry for that... but, if you're dumb enough to join the military and risk that... more power to you.

-J

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Amish Warlord
but, if you're dumb enough to join the military and risk that... more power to you.

-J

You are so clueless that it's scary. Regardless of whether we agree with the policies and actions our government is taking, the men and women who are stuck carrying out those actions and policies deserve our support and best wishes. You have no idea why people join the military, and until you have walked in their shoes, you have no business calling them dumb.

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 12:50 PM
all i know is, i never would, because i'm not risking my ass for something i don't believe in. that's what it comes down to, my friend.

-J

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 12:53 PM
all i know is, i never would, because i'm not risking my ass for something i don't believe in.  that's what it comes down to, my friend.

-J

The world is not black and white. When you grow up a little, you'll see that it's mostly gray.

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 01:10 PM
i'm reminded of a song.

Tool - Lateralus
Black then white are all i see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more and
beckons me to look thru to these infinite possibilities.
as below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind.
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired to fathom the power, to witness the beauty,
to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
to swing on the spiral
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.

Methinks you need to take the songs advice. I live by this song.. it's deeper than you think.

-J

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Me thinks you are a little too big for your britches. Arrogance is so unbecoming. You would get further with your mission to *educate* us all if you weren't so pompous. It's a real turnoff.

Steve
12-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Do you have any compassion? Regardless whether or not you believe in what the military and government policies say, you should still feel some compassion for those who ARE willing to risk their ass for you.

It doesn't matter if you are supporting the military actions in Iraq / the Middle East or not, you should still support the lives of those men and women who are trying to protect yours.

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Steve
Do you have any compassion? Regardless whether or not you believe in what the military and government policies say, you should still feel some compassion for those who ARE willing to risk their ass for you.

It doesn't matter if you are supporting the military actions in Iraq / the Middle East or not, you should still support the lives of those men and women who are trying to protect yours.
:clap:
My sentiments exactly.

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 02:16 PM
I disagree wholly with the country they are fighting for.. so therefore.. why should i feel any compassion? yes, i feel sorry for their families and such, who had no part in it, but to the people themselves, no. if you wanna go die for a corrupt government, be my guest.

-J

Steve
12-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Why do you live in this country then? If this country's government is so currupt, and obviously you have no compassion or sympathy for those who are willing to die for your freedoms, why not move? How about you fly over to Iraq and live there for a week? Hop on over to Cuba...

The problem with you is you are too concerned about petty things, you fail to realize what you really do have in this country. Yes, the government does things that some people approve and some disapprove of. Just because you don't approve of what the government does, does not mean that you cannot feel compassion for those who do. Your "open-mindedness" that you preach all over the place seems to be fading away. If you are as open-minded as you say you are, then why can't you feel compassion for those who think differently than you? You are basically putting down those who believe differently than you, which is a total 360 from what you were preaching over on the C-F board about trying to get people to open up their minds.

As someone has said earlier, get over yourself first, then preach your "open-mindedness"

TeriB19
12-15-2002, 02:33 PM
all i know is, i never would, because i'm not risking my ass for something i don't believe in.  that's what it comes down to, my friend.

-J You are a coward. And don't call anyone here friend.

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 02:35 PM
AW is just a nihilistic wannabe.

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 02:35 PM
why do i live in this country? i was born here, and have no choice. there are a lot of places i'd rather live. Canada, sweeden(direct democracy), Brunei(good luck getting in...) etc.

And if i'm a coward for not wanting to die, than so are you, and so is every other creature ever on the face of the planet.

-J

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
AW is just a nihilistic wannabe.

Whoa.. my favorite word ever! dog you are so my favorite person on this board now.. he said nihilistic!! yeah!

-J

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Whoa.. my favorite word ever!  dog you are so my favorite person on this board now.. he said nihilistic!! yeah!

-J

FYI, I'm a she!

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 02:39 PM
hehe.. okay.. she's the coolest person on this BB. you all could learn a lot from her.

-J

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Hah, don't give me too much credit. The day we think we know it all is the day we are in serious trouble..btw, wasn't it just about an hour ago that I was a conservative, close-minded religious zealot?;)

Amish Warlord
12-15-2002, 02:47 PM
lmao, yes, yes, well, i was mistaken. sorry 'bout that.. i was just using a creed fan stereotype. as many of you know, it's easier than actually getting to know everyone you meet ;)

KIDDING!!!!

-J

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 02:48 PM
lmao, yes, yes, well, i was mistaken.  sorry 'bout that.. i was just using a creed fan stereotype.  as many of you know, it's easier than actually getting to know everyone you meet ;)

KIDDING!!!!

-J

Stereotyping = very, very bad.

Steve
12-15-2002, 02:52 PM
why do i live in this country?  i was born here, and have no choice.  there are a lot of places i'd rather live.  Canada, sweeden(direct democracy), Brunei(good luck getting in...) etc.

But you do have a choice.... you are an open-minded, free-thinking individual. Get a job, get some money, and move.

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Steve
But you do have a choice.... you are an open-minded, free-thinking individual. Get a job, get some money, and move.

Smackdown!!!!! LMFAO!

JenRN
12-15-2002, 08:01 PM
why do i live in this country?  i was born here, and have no choice.  there are a lot of places i'd rather live.  Canada, sweeden(direct democracy), Brunei(good luck getting in...) etc.

And if i'm a coward for not wanting to die, than so are you, and so is every other creature ever on the face of the planet.  

-J

Life is full of choices buddy!!!! Don't let the "borders" hit ya in the ass!!!!!!:grr:

PS: STEVE YOU ARE MY hero!!!!!;)

hotforscott
12-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Life is full of choices buddy!!!! &nbsp;Don't let the "borders" hit ya in the ass!!!!!!:grr: &nbsp;

PS: &nbsp;STEVE YOU ARE MY hero!!!!!;) </b>

Lmao, Jen.

Go Steve!!!!!!

TeriB19
12-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Since Christmas is just 3 days away, I'd like to wish the men and women in our military the warmest and happiest of holidays and hope that wherever they are, they know we are thinking of them and thankful for all that they have done and all that they have sacrificed.

JenRN
12-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Since Christmas is just 3 days away, I'd like to wish the men and women in our military the warmest and happiest of holidays and hope that wherever they are, they know we are thinking of them and thankful for all that they have done and all that they have sacrificed.
Very well said Teri! I totally agree! I have so much respect for those men and women who have the dedication to our freedom and country! I grew up around many military people and went to many medal ceremonies in my life from WW2 medals my grandpa got to Vietman stuff from my dad, each one brought very proud tears to my eyes.:)