Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
This Is Sad [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : This Is Sad

Mr.CreedFreakTN
12-15-2004, 12:10 AM
I have a 5 year old son who loves to sing. You should hear him sing Open Your Eyes, and even Bullets, he's great. He came to me before taking him to school yesterday and said Dad, I don't want to be a rock star anymore. I asked him why and he replied that he didn't want to get shot.....5 years old and paying attention to the news already, I was just floored that they really affected him about Dimebag. Our country and our world need prayer.

Dogstar
12-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Oh wow, Mr. TN, that is indeed so sad. As kids we were pretty much shielded from the bad stuff until about age 10 or so. I feel for your son.

Higher_Desire
12-15-2004, 02:33 AM
OMG dude! That is freaking sad. :( This world is really pathetic. Maybe, somehow, someday, things will even out.

H-D :xmas:

Trimontana
12-15-2004, 02:59 AM
MrTN.....i feel sad too. Itīs a shame that a 5 years old kid realizes already about death and cruelty in this world instead of living in a perfect world full of toys and fantasy. Donīt live your son stopp singing AB, please, he could be the next Myles Kennedy new generation. I would like to see him singing, he must be awesome. :D

http://img.123greetings.com/thumbs/edec_c_friendship/8540-005-04-1021.gif

tremonti4life04
12-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Man, It's a sad world we live in when our own children dont want to be musicians for the fear of being shot on stage. I have a 2 year old that sings open your eyes (it's so cute) and if he one day said that to me, i dont know how i would feel because i do want to make it in the music industry, and i know i dont want my son seeing the music industry like that. I think that as parents, we should make it clear to our kids that being a musician doesnt mean you will get shot, and weather you like it, people will love you or hate you, and you just have to go on knowing that what you are doing is making a difference. I feel for you Mr.CreedFreakTN

TeriB19
12-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Tracey, I'm sorry about that. I often wonder if I'm sheltering my two girls too much, keeping them in the dark about too many things. They don't really know much about Sept. 11 or why their dad is in Kuwait right now. I'm just afraid that if they know all the true details, they'll be afraid to walk out the door. I know sometimes that's how I feel. But then I hear things like this and KNOW that I'm doing the right thing by keeping things from them.

When we were in NYC last month, our hotel was right down the street from a firehouse on 38th St. and my daughter was reading the plaque they have outside. She said "Mommy, look. All those firemen died on the same day. 7 of them were killed on Sept. 11. That must've been a pretty big fire". I cautiously explained to the kids about the bad men taking planes and hurting many people with them, but I tried to make it sound to them that we were all safe because of people like their dad helping to keep us safe. After that, Amanda's been saying I'm scared daddy's going to get fired. I asked her if she meant fired from his job? And she said, no, fired by a plane. It's so scary.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Teri,

That is very tough as well. I guess the only thing we can do is to encourage them and help them feel safe, and most importantly to pray for them. My children are so important to me, I feel sometimes I'm not always the best dad, but I try. I've encouraged him to continue singing. He told me today he decided he wanted to be a garbage man. I asked why and he said so he could get the good toys. He then informed me when I was taking him to school he wants to play football for the Tennessee Titans, As bad as were playing now I don't think it'll hurt. I told him not to let the actions of some disturbed man keep him from being a singer. We'll see......

Mr.CreedFreakTN
12-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Thank you everyone for posting........... :)

Dogstar
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Man, this just makes my heart sink. There seems to be so little optimism left in this world, and it's not hard to see why. This world does need some serious help.

JulieCitySlicker
12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Tracey,
I'm sorry that your son is afraid from what happened to Dimebag! This world is a very devastating place sometimes full of harsh and cruel people. I hope that God will help us get through!

titan9
12-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Wow, that's tough. Kids these days know so much more than kids did a decade ago. It's all over the news and it's hard to just shield them from that. You can only do the best job possible. It's great that you're still encouraging him to sing, though. I'm thankful my 4 year old niece hasn't heard about what happened to Dimebag. She loves singing, especially Creed or AB songs, and I'm sure if she knew what happened, she would have reacted the same way as your son. I'm afraid of where this world is heading, but God willing, things will get better.