Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
say some words about the person above you thread [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : say some words about the person above you thread

aussiecreeder
12-11-2004, 10:55 PM
okay this preddy simple, you just have to say something about the person who just posted above you and that keeps going on and on and on......:)

creedsister
12-11-2004, 11:04 PM
:D come again

RMadd
12-11-2004, 11:13 PM
sis: basically, you say something about the person who posted right before you.....

confusing lol

aussiecreeder
12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
sis: basically, you say something about the person who posted right before you.....

confusing lol

yeah that...don't know much about RMadd but they understand perfectly what i'm talking about! :) next......

creedsister
12-12-2004, 12:02 AM
:D :D :D :D Im Just Crazy About Ya, Handmedown :syncdance :syncdance

revisfoot
12-12-2004, 12:25 AM
Creedsister, I have to say something to you now. Um...I like your avatar! And, I always enjoy reading your threads. You tend to have some pretty interesting ones

hayley
12-12-2004, 03:01 AM
Revisfoot, I must say it was very nice of you to say that you have 'heard' that New Zealand girls (just forget the Ozy ones, muahaha) are georgeous ... yay! :D:D

Dogstar
12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Hayley is a sweetheart. We've been watching her turn into quite the young lady since she joined the Feed.

Xterminator27
12-12-2004, 07:03 PM
dogstar is my idol

hayley
12-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Hayley is a sweetheart. We've been watching her turn into quite the young lady since she joined the Feed.
Aww :D I love you. :hugs: Haha

X likes to eat panda ears

aussiecreeder
12-12-2004, 07:42 PM
hayley has furry arms! :D
nah a little more seriously hayley gives me a good laugh and it was really funny when that one dude had that big crush on her a while back (the shinoda dude). :)
excuse me while i bbbaaaaahhhhhh!

revisfoot
12-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Handmedown, how old is Creedsister? ;)

Xterminator27
12-12-2004, 11:36 PM
i dont even know who revisfoot is

aussiecreeder
12-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Handmedown, how old is Creedsister? ;)

hehe you better ask her yourself. i have learnt two things about women. never ever tell them their bum looks big in that dress and never ever ever ask them old how they are! ;)

Dogstar
12-12-2004, 11:41 PM
hehe you better ask her yourself. i have learnt two things about women. never ever tell them their bum looks big in that dress and never ever ever ask them old how they are! ;)
Wise words indeed ;)

aussiecreeder
12-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Wise words indeed ;)

lol take notes gentlemen! :)
kerri is almost like the mother of the board (in a good way) being generally nice but when someone goes on and on about something (that would be the stapp mammas lol) she'll come on to them like a tonne of bricks. anyone who likes alice in chains as much as she does has to be cool in my books.

creedsister
12-13-2004, 09:16 AM
I Know It :) Hers So Smart

Trimontana
12-13-2004, 09:28 AM
^^^^I donīt understand what she says the most of the times but i think she got a very special sense of humor. She makes me laugh and i think she must types very quick...according with all the "designs" she does in her posts. :D :D :D :D

creedsister
12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
I Really Dont Get You Trimontana...But I Like You, I mean You Like Papa Roach :D How Cool Is That :D

Trimontana
12-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Darling i donīt get myself the most of the times either :rolleyes: ...thanks...i like you too... :lolsign:

Higher_Desire
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
I heart Trimontana. :kiss:

H-D :xmas:

Trimontana
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH so Sweet :wub: ......Colin is a lovely dude....i just can say he tries hard all the time...he tries to like everyone...and we love him..... :kiss:

hayley
12-13-2004, 07:14 PM
hayley has furry arms! :D
:bump:

And thanks, you give me a good laugh too. :D (Well, most of the time) ;)

Timontana .. what can I say? You're awesome, so glad you joined the board and hope you stay for along time. :)

Trimontana
12-13-2004, 07:31 PM
:bump:

And thanks, you give me a good laugh too. :D (Well, most of the time) ;)

Timontana .. what can I say? You're awesome, so glad you joined the board and hope you stay for along time. :)

Oh Darling....thanks...you are lovely and sweet....i think you have a great personality and great likes as well......keep growing up so well....you are very young still and you are doinīvery good....prayers for you. :kiss:

hayley
12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Wow thank you so much! (I can really feel the love in this thread!) :D:D

One more thing, you have great taste in men ;) haha

Trimontana
12-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Much love to give...and if i have to give it to people like you it`s even more a pleasure to give it.....

I know i have a great taste on man.....thanks......heheheheheh :D

that`s my ex.........now i still thinking how i could be in love with him.....but that`s not the point....and my LOVE!!!!!! :wub: :kiss: TOBIN ESPERANCE

creedsister
12-13-2004, 09:18 PM
:eek: Hun That Other Dude Aint Got No Hair :eek:

aussiecreeder
12-13-2004, 11:53 PM

hey hayles can you spare him some? lmao this joke could go on forever.... ;)

hayley
12-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Yeah! It looks cool. :D (It's nice to run your hands over a guys head when they have a smooth surface, but I do prefer soft, long hair) :D ;) And Trimontana, your ex has beautiful eyes.
(Sorry I'm a sucker for eyes, muahaha)

hey hayles can you spare him some? lmao this joke could go on forever.... ;)
Sure, hang on just let me get my shaver. *starts shaving* Here we go, a whole 3 bags full. ;)

hayley
12-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say something about you, handmedown.

You need a shower. ;)

aussiecreeder
12-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say something about you, handmedown.

You need a shower. ;)

oh i do just like a sheep i've got crap stuck in my fur! ;)

hey hayley do comedians in new zealand ever make fun of helen clark (their prime minister everyone)? the occassional aussie comic does....lol.

hayley
12-16-2004, 03:54 PM
oh i do just like a sheep i've got crap stuck in my fur! ;)
:laugh: Quick! Get the scissors and cut it out! :baaa:

hey hayley do comedians in new zealand ever make fun of helen clark (their prime minister everyone)? the occassional aussie comic does....lol.
Oh, defeintly. And the public do aswell. Every time she's on the news, every time we pass the parliament building in town, every time she is on the radio, every time she is in the newspaper. Just occassionaly. :D I can't stand her lol

GoodGodGirl23
12-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Hayley is a sweet. and charming young lady, a pleasure to have on the board, I used to call her my *Sweet Pea* :)

aussiecreeder
12-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Hayley is a sweet. and charming young lady, a pleasure to have on the board, I used to call her my *Sweet Pea* :)

you're a bit of quiet achiever. since when were you around enough to have over 9000 posts? :)

hayley
12-18-2004, 02:34 AM
I still am your sweet pea :D

Gosh, handmedown again. (Give me someone else, PLEASE!!) :p I learnt something about you today, your real name is Michael

aussiecreeder
12-18-2004, 10:23 PM
I still am your sweet pea :D

Gosh, handmedown again. (Give me someone else, PLEASE!!) :p I learnt something about you today, your real name is Michael

yeah really me and gabriel are the same person or at least that is my angle from now on to get all of the cyber-chicks! :D
you don't like me? well this take this :fart: lol
ummm i'm starting to run out of things here......oh hayley is a vegie but everyone knows that. what island do you live on?

hayley
12-19-2004, 03:26 AM
yeah really me and gabriel are the same person or at least that is my angle from now on to get all of the cyber-chicks! :D
:nono: That's naughty. :D

you don't like me? well this take this :fart: lol
Oh yeah? Well have some of this YOU ---> :samurai: <----- ME (muahaa)

ummm i'm starting to run out of things here......oh hayley is a vegie but everyone knows that. what island do you live on?
Yes I am a vege. :D I live at the bottom of the North Island, in Wellington. :) Hey just wondering, do you live near Newcastle? I have thousands of cousins, auntys, uncles, etc that live there :D

aussiecreeder
12-19-2004, 06:45 PM
:nono: That's naughty. :D

Oh yeah? Well have some of this YOU ---> :samurai: <----- ME (muahaa)

Yes I am a vege. :D I live at the bottom of the North Island, in Wellington. :) Hey just wondering, do you live near Newcastle? I have thousands of cousins, auntys, uncles, etc that live there :D

hey a man has to get the chicks anyway he can. if it means impersonating the fans relations manager then so be it lol. oh wellington hey? no melbourne is no where near newcastle but that is where daniel johns and the rest of the band (silverchair) is from. newscastle is in new south wales which is the state above victoria (where melbourne is).

hayley
12-19-2004, 07:42 PM
hey a man has to get the chicks anyway he can. if it means impersonating the fans relations manager then so be it lol.
Ohhhh, dear. Never say that. :moon: muaha

oh wellington hey?
Sure am, the capital of the country, but I have only been living here for about 3 and a half years now, I used to live with my family in Auckland (up the top of the North Island, as you probably know), and would love to go back there, Auckland is awesome.

no melbourne is no where near newcastle but that is where daniel johns and the rest of the band (silverchair) is from. newscastle is in new south wales which is the state above victoria (where melbourne is).
Oh I see. Do you have any relations in NZ?

Xterminator27
12-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Point Of The Thread = Ruined

aussiecreeder
12-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Point Of The Thread = Ruined

yeah sorry about that got a little sidetracked........

aussiecreeder
12-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Ohhhh, dear. Never say that. :moon: muaha

Sure am, the capital of the country, but I have only been living here for about 3 and a half years now, I used to live with my family in Auckland (up the top of the North Island, as you probably know), and would love to go back there, Auckland is awesome.

Oh I see. Do you have any relations in NZ?

The latest word from the AB camp is that Alter Bridge will playing Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth on the 15,16,17,18 and 19th of April respectfully. We have decided against playing in New Zealand cause the entire population can head onto a little boat and see an Australian gig in Melbourne or Sydney. I kid the official word from I Michael Tremonti is that the band will now be basing themselves in Queensland, Australia cause the babes there are hot. :wtf:

Auckland has a bigger population than Wellington right? Some of my mother's family were from New Zealand but i'm not sure if any are still there and there is no contact if they're there.

hayley
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
We have decided against playing in New Zealand cause the entire population can head onto a little boat and see an Australian gig in Melbourne or Sydney.
:laugh: :laugh: I would head onto a little boat but I have to save up for U2. :D All my money is going towards that. :p

Auckland has a bigger population than Wellington right?
Yes, that's right. Congratulations, you have just earned another cookie towards you knowledge of NZ. :clap:

aussiecreeder
12-22-2004, 06:55 PM
:laugh: :laugh: I would head onto a little boat but I have to save up for U2. :D All my money is going towards that. :p

Yes, that's right. Congratulations, you have just earned another cookie towards you knowledge of NZ. :clap:

so what do i get when the cookie jar is full? :p
so if AB and U2 were playing in the same week and you had to travel to this fair country to see them who would you choose? remember you can only really afford to go to one of the gigs. muahwhaaha i love this........:)

hayley
12-22-2004, 07:36 PM
so what do i get when the cookie jar is full? :p
You can choose. :D

so if AB and U2 were playing in the same week and you had to travel to this fair country to see them who would you choose? remember you can only really afford to go to one of the gigs.
U2 hands down. I mean Alter Bridge are great, but U2 would probably have to be my favourite band. I mean if you are a U2 fan and you miss out on a concert, that would be very depressing. lol.

muahwhaaha i love this........:)
That's because you're evil;)

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Hayley posts in this thread ALOT...it's Obvious i know...but i don't have much to say that hasn't already been said...

aussiecreeder
12-22-2004, 11:38 PM
You can choose. :D

U2 hands down. I mean Alter Bridge are great, but U2 would probably have to be my favourite band. I mean if you are a U2 fan and you miss out on a concert, that would be very depressing. lol.

That's because you're evil;)

i can choose? oh behave...... :D
i would kick myself for missing either of them. i've never seen U2 but i didn't see creed when they were down and so if i miss AB i would be preddy cut. i am evil personified *strikes mr.burns pose*.

oh and i need to say something about wylde-tremonti. creedfeed's resident hardcore guitarist. hey do wylde do you write any of your own stuff? can you play all of the solos on ODR?

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2004, 11:44 PM
i would kick myself for missing either of them. i've never seen U2 but i didn't see creed when they were down and so if i miss AB i would be preddy cut. i am evil personified *strikes mr.burns pose*.

oh and i need to say something about wylde-tremonti. creedfeed's resident hardcore guitarist. hey do wylde do you write any of your own stuff? can you play all of the solos on ODR?
um... yeah i write a lot of my own stuff... so much so i haven't really Learned alot of songs... the only solo i've learned on ODR is OYE... but that was a while ago... i'm sure i could learn them all if i tried... but right now i'm considering on writing my own riffs and solos...

.....oh yeah.. Aussiecreeder is Kool cuz he digs Zakk Wylde!!!

aussiecreeder
12-22-2004, 11:50 PM
um... yeah i write a lot of my own stuff... so much so i haven't really Learned alot of songs... the only solo i've learned on ODR is OYE... but that was a while ago... i'm sure i could learn them all if i tried... but right now i'm considering on writing my own riffs and solos...

.....oh yeah.. Aussiecreeder is Kool cuz he digs Zakk Wylde!!!

zakk is very cool! :) i downloaded a little video of him where he just going for it and it was just insane. how chris jericho managed to get those three guys on the same album is just beyond me. so i assume the music you write is hard rock or metal? any ballads or too woosy?

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2004, 11:52 PM
zakk is very cool! :) i downloaded a little video of him where he just going for it and it was just insane. how chris jericho managed to get those three guys on the same album is just beyond me. so i assume the music you write is hard rock or metal? any ballads or too woosy?
um... i play everything... but Hard Rock and Metal are the most fun to play!

um... Aussie creeder is... from... australia!!
Wow i had to stretch for that one eh?

aussiecreeder
12-22-2004, 11:55 PM
um... i play everything... but Hard Rock and Metal are the most fun to play!

um... Aussie creeder is... from... australia!!
Wow i had to stretch for that one eh?

wow thanks sherlock, you deduced that aussiecreeder must be from australia! ;) j/k
ummm what else can i say about ya? i don't really know too much to be honest.

hayley
12-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Behave? ME? NEVER!! :flamer: muahahaha

Yeah I can understand that, I never saw Creed either, so missing out on Alter Bridge would be pretty bad, too. Okay how about you, if you were too choose between U2 or Alter Bridge, only could get to one concert, who would you see?

This is getting hard to say stuff about you Michael ... I've already said everything :D Oh wait apart from ... you smell ;)

aussiecreeder
12-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Behave? ME? NEVER!! :flamer: muahahaha

Yeah I can understand that, I never saw Creed either, so missing out on Alter Bridge would be pretty bad, too. Okay how about you, if you were too choose between U2 or Alter Bridge, only could get to one concert, who would you see?

This is getting hard to say stuff about you Michael ... I've already said everything :D Oh wait apart from ... you smell ;)

hey i showered this morning, i shouldn't smell....too badly! ;)
i think i'ld have to go with AB but it would be a very tough choice. PJ and AB would be even tougher but considering i have seen PJ i'ld probably have to go with AB. now if a band like led zeppelin reunited then i think AB would have to wait.

oh and you're a bad, bad girl......lol

hayley
12-23-2004, 07:33 PM
hey i showered this morning, i shouldn't smell....too badly! ;)
No comment ;)

but considering i have seen PJ i'ld probably have to go with AB.
You have? Wow you're so lucky, when did you see them?

now if a band like led zeppelin reunited then i think AB would have to wait.
Oh yes. I mean like I said, Alter Bridge are fantastic, but U2 are better :D And to miss out on one of their concerts I think I would regret it for the rest of my life lol.

oh and you're a bad, bad girl......lol
Thank you. ;)

aussiecreeder
12-23-2004, 07:45 PM
No comment ;)

You have? Wow you're so lucky, when did you see them?

Oh yes. I mean like I said, Alter Bridge are fantastic, but U2 are better :D And to miss out on one of their concerts I think I would regret it for the rest of my life lol.

Thank you. ;)

i saw pj last year when they toured which is the best concert i've seen thus far. mike on "even flow" was just insane.......

hayley
12-23-2004, 07:52 PM
i saw pj last year when they toured which is the best concert i've seen thus far. mike on "even flow" was just insane.......
That's wicked. And yeah from all of the concerts I have seen on TV, all the guitar solo's Mike goes MADDDD, it's brilliant, the extended guitaring, he's a legend.

aussiecreeder
12-23-2004, 11:08 PM
That's wicked. And yeah from all of the concerts I have seen on TV, all the guitar solo's Mike goes MADDDD, it's brilliant, the extended guitaring, he's a legend.

yep he's right up there with the best guitarists from those early 90's bands, kim thayil (soundgarden), jerry cantrall (AIC), dean deleo (STP) and billy corgan (smashing pumpkins). kurt cobain in technical skill wasen't worthy to untie those guy's shoelaces although he wrote some killer riffs.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-23-2004, 11:43 PM
yep he's right up there with the best guitarists from those early 90's bands, kim thayil (soundgarden), jerry cantrall (AIC), dean deleo (STP) and billy corgan (smashing pumpkins). kurt cobain in technical skill wasen't worthy to untie those guy's shoelaces although he wrote some killer riffs.
Don't Forget Zakk Wylde Dude!! I think some people forget that Zakk wylde was Rocking out in the 90's with the rest of those guys... he just wasn't associated w/ the Grunge Movement like the other guitarists...

aussiecreeder
12-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Don't Forget Zakk Wylde Dude!! I think some people forget that Zakk wylde was Rocking out in the 90's with the rest of those guys... he just wasn't associated w/ the Grunge Movement like the other guitarists...

yeah you're right and i left out guys like adam jones from tool as well. i was thinking of the guys from the seattle movement. zakk is the man though although he comes across as a bit of an arse to be honest.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-24-2004, 01:00 AM
yeah.. and um... what's his name... the guy from SOundgarden

fluttergirl
12-24-2004, 02:28 AM
please, dear lord.
tell me that was intended as a joke...

aussiecreeder
12-24-2004, 03:03 AM
yeah.. and um... what's his name... the guy from SOundgarden

kim thayil
you're not saying he's an arse right? you mean he is one of the great guitarists of that era? if you mean that then i agree. he looks scary as but i haven't heard any axl rose or scott stapp stories for that matter concerning kim.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-24-2004, 12:33 PM
kim thayil
you're not saying he's an arse right? you mean he is one of the great guitarists of that era? if you mean that then i agree. he looks scary as but i haven't heard any axl rose or scott stapp stories for that matter concerning kim.
Hahaha... No I totally meant that he's on of the Greats from the Grunge/90's era

I Don't really see how Zakk Comes off as an ASS... Now if you said he comes off being a DRUNK.... i could see that... lol
I think Zakk my try to be too much of a badass when it's clear he's really a big family man that just loves Music...

Higher_Desire
12-30-2004, 08:14 PM
I love you avatar, Hayley! Kurt Cobain forever!

H-D :pimp:

aussiecreeder
12-30-2004, 10:01 PM

i don't know how the rest of the board feels but i don't think nirvana's music has aged as well as other bands of that era. i also believe other bands that came out at that time like pearl jam, alice in chains and soundgarden were far superior bands. nirvana were instrumental in removing hair metal and michael jackson from mtv but i think the other bands were more talented. i do like nirvana but not as much as those aforementioned acts.

aussiecreeder
12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Hahaha... No I totally meant that he's on of the Greats from the Grunge/90's era

I Don't really see how Zakk Comes off as an ASS... Now if you said he comes off being a DRUNK.... i could see that... lol
I think Zakk my try to be too much of a badass when it's clear he's really a big family man that just loves Music...

i saw a quote (that i'll have to find for ya) where he totally rags on dave grohl which i found to be a bit full on. really grohl has done it all and perhaps he does do the badarse thing as a bit of a front. *shrugs*

Wylde-Tremonti
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
i saw a quote (that i'll have to find for ya) where he totally rags on dave grohl which i found to be a bit full on. really grohl has done it all and perhaps he does do the badarse thing as a bit of a front. *shrugs*
Ok... put yourself in Zakk's shoes there... Dave Grohl who (at the time) had plenty of respect in the Punk/Alt/grunge genres, yet at the time had no seniority in Metal... Wrote a Song for Ozzy... the King of METAL... Zakk is 20 times the guitarist Grohl is... yet Ozzy's Label chose to have ozzy write w/ Grohl INSTEAD of Zakk...
Wouldn't you be pissed at Grohl for coming and writing w/ a man that you have written 3 Platinum albums with?

Wylde-Tremonti
12-30-2004, 10:48 PM
i don't know how the rest of the board feels but i don't think nirvana's music has aged as well as other bands of that era. i also believe other bands that came out at that time like pearl jam, alice in chains and soundgarden were far superior bands. nirvana were instrumental in removing hair metal and michael jackson from mtv but i think the other bands were more talented. i do like nirvana but not as much as those aforementioned acts.
Totally agree... i might take it a bit further than that... but at risk of an outlash....
what the hell... Kurt is probably the most OVER RATED gutiarist EVER...

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 01:39 AM
Ok... put yourself in Zakk's shoes there... Dave Grohl who (at the time) had plenty of respect in the Punk/Alt/grunge genres, yet at the time had no seniority in Metal... Wrote a Song for Ozzy... the King of METAL... Zakk is 20 times the guitarist Grohl is... yet Ozzy's Label chose to have ozzy write w/ Grohl INSTEAD of Zakk...
Wouldn't you be pissed at Grohl for coming and writing w/ a man that you have written 3 Platinum albums with?

would i be a little annoyed? yes
would i lash out at grohl in a public forum? i would hope i would have a bit more grace than that. i think the probot album shows that grohl has some metal chops and knows his stuff (plus has the respect of lemmy for example).
regarding what you've said about nirvana, technically kurt wasen't a great guitarist. he did write some songs that will stand the test of time though......i would agree that nirvana would have to be the most overated band of that scene with aic the most underated.

hayley
12-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Thank you, Colin you rock. :D

i do like nirvana but not as much as those aforementioned acts.
Oh yeah. I mean like I said before, I have only just started listening to Nirvana's music, and I really didn't think that I could love them as much as I do now, their music is unlike anything else that I listen to, but I just can't stop putting CD after CD after CD in my stereo. I think because of the whole Kurt Cobain death, all of the songs hold a story about his pain, and with that is something that captivates me. I love Nirvana.

regarding what you've said about nirvana, technically kurt wasen't a great guitarist.
Oh shit yeah I agree with you there. I mean some of their songs guitar-wise are shocking, no content to it at all, but again theres just something there that makes you forget that it's a shitty guitar riff. I mean obviously to play lead guitar and sing at the same time would be challenging, so that also points out that Kurt put more into his vocal than he did with his guitaring.

But still Nirvana rocks lol

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 02:19 AM
Thank you, Colin you rock. :D

Oh yeah. I mean like I said before, I have only just started listening to Nirvana's music, and I really didn't think that I could love them as much as I do now, their music is unlike anything else that I listen to, but I just can't stop putting CD after CD after CD in my stereo. I think because of the whole Kurt Cobain death, all of the songs hold a story about his pain, and with that is something that captivates me. I love Nirvana.

Oh shit yeah I agree with you there. I mean some of their songs guitar-wise are shocking, no content to it at all, but again theres just something there that makes you forget that it's a shitty guitar riff. I mean obviously to play lead guitar and sing at the same time would be challenging, so that also points out that Kurt put more into his vocal than he did with his guitaring.

But still Nirvana rocks lol

its not that his riffs were bad far from it......it might be overplayed to the max but there is a reason smells like teen spirit is the stairway to heaven of this generation. nirvana were basically a punk act so one is not going to expect an opera trained vocalist or a guitarist who can outplay eddie van halen. kurt wrote punky pop songs and he did that well. however bands like alice in chains or soundgarden or pearl jam were far better IMHO.

hayley
12-31-2004, 02:37 AM
its not that his riffs were bad far from it......it might be overplayed to the max
Yeah that's true, theres a sence of repetiton in most songs. You know the more I think about it, the more stranger it seems of me liking Nirvana, I mean I never thought that I could like such punk grungy music. Anyway, enough about that .. lol.

however bands like alice in chains or soundgarden or pearl jam were far better IMHO.
Oh dude I totally agree with you there, the Pearl Jam side anyway. PJ are my 2nd favourite band, obviously along with U2. :D Pearl Jam are just absolutley freakin amazing, I love them too. And, yes, I like Pearl Jam more than I like Nirvana. But even though they were in the same era, both bands have such a different sound, which makes it hard to compare the two. But Vedders song writing and Cobain's song writing takes on a whole new extreme when you put them both together they are just so different. They both rock but if I had to choose between Nirvana and Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam would win.

Muad'Dib
12-31-2004, 02:41 AM
Never got into the whole Nirvana craze. Cant stand them. Overhyped up due to the death of Kurt.

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 02:41 AM
Yeah that's true, theres a sence of repetiton in most songs. You know the more I think about it, the more stranger it seems of me liking Nirvana, I mean I never thought that I could like such punk grungy music. Anyway, enough about that .. lol.

Oh dude I totally agree with you there, the Pearl Jam side anyway. PJ are my 2nd favourite band, obviously along with U2. :D Pearl Jam are just absolutley freakin amazing, I love them too. And, yes, I like Pearl Jam more than I like Nirvana. But even though they were in the same era, both bands have such a different sound, which makes it hard to compare the two. But Vedders song writing and Cobain's song writing takes on a whole new extreme when you put them both together they are just so different. They both rock but if I had to choose between Nirvana and Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam would win.

i have read that kurt was going to take nirvana into more r.e.m like territory but i just can't imagine him doing that. i just can't see him singing that style of music. its crazy that kurt at one stage was saying pearl jam were opportunistic (and i guess he didn't like stone temple pilots too much either) when pj and nirvana were so different.

pj with their muscianship were at a different level although they're sound has changed so much and its far from just eddie writing. stone gossard was the main songwriter along with ed in the beginning and nearly everyone including drummers has written songs along the way. i really love alice in chains and have being listening to them quite a bit recently. the harmonies between layne staley and jerry cantrall were just fantastic and layne had a very haunting voice and he would wail. i wonder what kurt would think about velvet revolver covering nirvana considering he hated axl rose.

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 02:43 AM
what other bands do you guys reckon are really overated?
i do like radiohead but i think the critics are so far up their butts they can't analyse them properly. take kid a for example, there were acts doing that before them. i think ok computer is a masterpiece but they're not as good as what many make out.

Muad'Dib
12-31-2004, 02:49 AM
i do like radiohead but i think the critics are so far up their butts they can't analyse them properly. take kid a for example, there were acts doing that before them. i think ok computer is a masterpiece but they're not as good as what many make out.

Thanks to a mate I have all the Radiohead albums, and I must agree they can be massively overrated at times. Dont really like most of their music, first album is great though. Dont see what all the hype is with U2, Greenday or Coldplay.

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 02:52 AM
Thanks to a mate I have all the Radiohead albums, and I must agree they can be massively overrated at times. Dont really like most of their music, first album is great though. Dont see what all the hype is with U2, Greenday or Coldplay.

radiohead's first album by the more indie crowd at least is considered their worst album probably along with amesnsiac. a song like "fake plastic trees" is awesome and johnny greenwood is great but they're not as good as many like to think IMO. U2 earnt their spot with a bunch of great albums and green day produced one of the albums of the year in 04. coldplay make alright songs although they're really only taking what came before them from such bands as oasis, radiohead and travis.

hayley
12-31-2004, 02:56 AM
Never got into the whole Nirvana craze. Cant stand them. Overhyped up due to the death of Kurt.
I know that alot of people think that, but I guess it would happen to any band if their frontman supposedly committed suicide, the band takes on a whole new stage.

i have read that kurt was going to take nirvana into more r.e.m like territory but i just can't imagine him doing that. i just can't see him singing that style of music.
Yeah, wow R.E.M I defenitly can't see something like that happening. (Well obviously not now, lol). But I mean they have these 2 songs, 'Marigold' and 'Sappy' that are so soft and really beautiful, that I could have seen Nirvana going softer, when Kurt wasn't screaming his lungs out. But not into R.E.M territory.

And yes, Pearl Jam have really changed over the years. I think the experimenting is what did it, I mean you listen to all of the albums, and every one has a different sound, nothing sounds the same. They have covered pretty much all of the rock that there is to cover, which is what makes a kick ass band.

I know that people are going to throw rocks at me for this one, but I have always thought that Metallica are very overated. I guess that's only because I have never liked them. Can't really think of any more at the moment.

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 02:59 AM
I know that alot of people think that, but I guess it would happen to any band if their frontman supposedly committed suicide, the band takes on a whole new stage.

Yeah, wow R.E.M I defenitly can't see something like that happening. (Well obviously not now, lol). But I mean they have these 2 songs, 'Marigold' and 'Sappy' that are so soft and really beautiful, that I could have seen Nirvana going softer, when Kurt wasn't screaming his lungs out. But not into R.E.M territory.

And yes, Pearl Jam have really changed over the years. I think the experimenting is what did it, I mean you listen to all of the albums, and every one has a different sound, nothing sounds the same. They have covered pretty much all of the rock that there is to cove, which is what makes a kick ass band.

I know that people are going to throw rocks at me for this one, but I have always thought that Metallica are very overated. I guess that's only because I have never liked them. Can't really think of any more at the moment.

i would like to get the box set but its really expensive. you really seem to love it although i'm not as into nirvana as you are. if one is a more casual fan is it worth it?

i do prefer some of pj's earlier material but i really respect that they were willing to do different things and any band that is willing to take on the establishment ie:ticketmaster is worth taking one's hat off too. metallica overated? impossible.......their first 5 albums i'ld say are amongst the 10 best metal albums ever produced! :) st.anger is terrible i will admit apart from 3 or so songs.

Muad'Dib
12-31-2004, 03:02 AM

Totally agree.

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 03:07 AM
metallica are an awesome band although i hope they rediscover the magic next album. no more therapy and more ROCKING and lars and james please let kirk do his magic on lead this time.

hayley
12-31-2004, 03:10 AM
Totally agree.
I'm glad you agree. I'm gonna get hated for this one! :D

To be honest I don't even enjoy the main singles that are played on the radio, I don't know why theres just something I don't like about them. I mean I do admitt, the guitaring is mad but it takes a whole lot more than a guitar riff for me to like a band

Muad'Dib
12-31-2004, 03:16 AM
Yeah I never liked the voice. While the guitar work is good they dont draw me in.

hayley
12-31-2004, 03:18 AM
I agree with you, the voice hasn't done anything for me, he almost over-does the whole gravel/hardrock theme .... ehhh this is getting worse, hold onto your seat ;)

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 03:20 AM
what don't like the unforgiven? call of ktulu? one? tremonti will be very dissapointed lol.

Muad'Dib
12-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Actually, Unforgiven would be the only song I like, and maybe that song off the MI2 soundtrack. Cant remember name. Just seems like at the time Metallica were hitting it big, alot of other bands doing the near same werent getting as much recognition.

hayley
12-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Oh Tremo loves me :D

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 03:25 AM
Actually, Unforgiven would be the only song I like, and maybe that song off the MI2 soundtrack. Cant remember name. Just seems like at the time Metallica were hitting it big, alot of other bands doing the near same werent getting as much recognition.

when they really made it big around the black album they had already being out for ages. oh and hayley tremo doesn't like you cause you refuse to cook him a big juicy american beef burger! ;)

hayley
12-31-2004, 03:30 AM
oh and hayley tremo doesn't like you cause you refuse to cook him a big juicy american beef burger! ;)
Oh no he does, I know secrets you don't know. :D:D He told me that he secretly doesn't like meat and he would really love it if I could cook him one of my great veggie stirfries. :cool:

Muad'Dib
12-31-2004, 03:30 AM
Im going to go have a smoke, shower etc. Get ready for partying :D Getting out of here before shit hits the fan over Metallica.

hayley
12-31-2004, 03:33 AM
Don't leave me here! I'll be dead in no time! :crying: Haha well I'm sure we'll get it tomorrow, lol

Have a great night dude

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 04:18 AM
so lets get this straight......

metallica? bad
meat? bad
eating only vegies? good

HAS THE WORLD GONE BONKERS? :D

hayley
12-31-2004, 05:05 AM
:laugh: Hey there are some good things too! :D

Wylde-Tremonti
12-31-2004, 12:39 PM
Hayley doesn't like METALLICA??????

SHE'S A WITCH!!!!! BURN ERR!!!!

(Monty pithon and the holy grail...)

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Hayley doesn't like METALLICA??????

SHE'S A WITCH!!!!! BURN ERR!!!!

(Monty pithon and the holy grail...)

you hold her down and i'll get the petrol and matches! ;)
if she escapes she's a witch and if not well then she isn't and she dies. either way we win......lol.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-31-2004, 06:42 PM
*evil Laugh*
MWAAhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 06:51 PM
hey wylde she's still struggling, give her a DDT! ;)

Wylde-Tremonti
12-31-2004, 07:35 PM
hahaha... no *Runs accorss mat and BOOM!!! 619!!!!*

Higher_Desire
12-31-2004, 07:58 PM
hahaha... no *Runs accorss mat and BOOM!!! 619!!!!*
:D
Give her an edgesecution and then do the spinaroony!

aussiecreeder
12-31-2004, 10:52 PM
"Oh Aussie is going to finish her off now, will he use his signature move? Oh he's going to use her own move against her what drama here on WWE Raw. He's going to use the nag of death, which women have used throughout the centuries to such great effect. Oh and he's pulled out the people's elbow, right on the neck.......that has got to hurt". :D

hayley
12-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Oooh, now we're talking!! :D:D:D

Wow, I'm pretty much dead right about now, you guys pull of some pretty kick-ass wrestling moves!

But still, ooh I think I can get up! LOW BLOW, twist of fate 1, 2, 3!! Mwwuahahahahaa

Wylde-Tremonti
12-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Um... Get's The "PROBLEM SOLVER" to ... solve the "Hayley Problem"... watcha gonna do now hayley??? Huh? huh?

hayley
12-31-2004, 11:30 PM
:crying: :D

I'll get Jeff Hardy to help me come out and kick everyone ass, and then he can carry me off towards the sunset and we will live happily ever after .... :cloud9: lol

aussiecreeder
01-01-2005, 04:47 AM
"Oh what drama here as we've just seen Jeff Hardy dump his blonde lover with a fake chest and he's carried off Hayley and it seems this is something from one of those really boring and sappy romantic flicks. Oh watch out cause its GOLDBERG! What is he doing here? They can't see him oh what a travesty of justice. Jeff looks into her eyes and his brain has totally switched off."

"A woman will do that to ya, evil they are I tell ya..."

"Oh Goldberg delievers the spear tackle and its all over folks"

hayley
01-02-2005, 12:12 AM
he's carried off Hayley and it seems this is something from one of those really boring and sappy romantic flicks.
Sounds wonderful to me .... :pant: :D

"Oh Goldberg delievers the spear tackle and its all over folks"
NO YOU HAVE TO SAVE US!! :D