Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New comment from Mark on In Loving Memory [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New comment from Mark on In Loving Memory

Higher_Desire
10-13-2004, 01:11 AM
I was at the store today, and was flipping through the new Guitar World magazine (the cover story is the 100 worst riffs and solos in rock history), and luckily, Creed didn't make the list. But on the side of the pages, they were asking guitarist "if you could have done it differently..." questions, and though I don't have the exact quote, he said somthing to the effect of that he'd change In Loving Memory, because they didn't work on that one as much as the other songs, and he thinks the guitar sounds like someone just picked up a guitar and recorded the first thing that came out and called it good.

If anyone get's the exact quote, feel free to post it, or I might be able to later.

H-D :pimp:

DekWannaBFlea
10-13-2004, 01:45 AM
I doesn't sound like it......The closest thing i could think of is the intro but it still is badass.

Wylde-Tremonti
10-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Song I'd Do Over: "In Loving Memory" (One Day Remains)
Why: " Toward the end of making the record we had to hurry to get things done, and I didn't get to spend a lot of time laying down that song. The song has one of my favorite guitar lines in it, and after we did the first take, everyone convinced me it sounded great. I think it has a character on its own-it sounds like someone just turned on a recorder and tracked a guitar in a single take-but I wish we'd had more time to spend on it to make it sound huge."
(Typed that whole damn thing... you're WELCOME.... lol)

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 01:07 AM
LOL, thanks, Matt :D

AndrewFromABRox
10-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Wow matt awesome icon!

The Lithium
10-17-2004, 09:33 AM
You likes Matt's? You should have a look at MINE! :D

Higher_Desire
10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Song I'd Do Over: "In Loving Memory" (One Day Remains)
Why: " Toward the end of making the record we had to hurry to get things done, and I didn't get to spend a lot of time laying down that song. The song has one of my favorite guitar lines in it, and after we did the first take, everyone convinced me it sounded great. I think it has a character on its own-it sounds like someone just turned on a recorder and tracked a guitar in a single take-but I wish we'd had more time to spend on it to make it sound huge."
(Typed that whole damn thing... you're WELCOME.... lol)
Thanks, buddy. :D :rockon:

H-D :pimp:

Wylde-Tremonti
10-17-2004, 01:28 PM
You likes Matt's? You should have a look at MINE! :D
... Yours doesn't have two of the BADDEST MOTHER F*CKING GUITARISTS EVER on it... lol

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 01:34 PM
... Yours doesn't have two of the BADDEST MOTHER F*CKING GUITARISTS EVER on it... lol

Yeah man, yours rock!!!!!!!!!

riggersversion1
10-17-2004, 01:35 PM

Your welcome. I took a great picture of Tremonti didn't I. ;)

Riggers Version 1.

Wylde-Tremonti
10-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Your welcome. I took a great picture of Tremonti didn't I. ;)

Riggers Version 1.
Hell Yeah Man!!! Major Props on the Pics... They ALL Rock! I Hope You don't mind me using it...

Torn Daredevil
10-17-2004, 10:07 PM
WHOA. This could mean they may do an alternate version for a single, kind of like how they handled WAWO. And make it sound HUGE!!! AWESOME!!!

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 10:24 PM
I like it the way it is now. I don't need huge. They have enough of those on the album.

Torn Daredevil
10-17-2004, 10:26 PM
I love it too, just curious if Mark is right and it could be greatly improved. I think it could be even more powerful. I think it could be truly epic...