Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Headed down to Parris Island...USMC [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Headed down to Parris Island...USMC

Weathered
07-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Well my brother is almost officially a US marine...I don't think I've even posted that he went down to bootcamp, but I'm headed down on Wednesday through Saturday for his graduation in Parris Island, SC. I don't think any of my family thought he was going to make it all the way through, b/c he is the type of person who gives up on something before he finishes.

He used to be very rude and addicted to drugs, but just by his letters, we can tell he changed so much. He even said sitting around all day got him into drugs which made him a person he didn't want to be.

I just wanted to post this to say I'm very proud of him!

Seth

JulieCitySlicker
07-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Thats cool Seth :D
I hope you have a good and safe time in S.C. and congrats to your brother :)

Mulletman
07-23-2004, 07:26 PM
About time! Your sister going?

Congrats on your bro man!

Weathered
07-23-2004, 09:19 PM
yeah....shes going..thanks guys

Vixen_255
07-24-2004, 12:32 AM
CONGRATS TO HIM!!

Y'all are comin to my neck of da woods ALRIGHT!!! I live near PI!!! My grandmother was born on PI & my great grandfather I believe did alot of consturtion work on PI!!! So congrats to him!!!

Dogstar
07-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Seth, that is great news! I'm glad your brother has turned it all around. Have a safe trip and a great time!

Sheila63
07-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Have a safe trip to SC, Seth. :) Congratulations on everything your brother has accomplished!!! :D

Weathered
07-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Vixen....what town do you live in? We are staying in Beaufort I believe....not sure

Also...he got to call today .....and we found out he is going to Iraq for sure after Rifle Training in NC.....so that is not good....but we knew it was coming

Dogstar
07-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll keep your brother in my prayers, Seth :hugs:

TeriB19
07-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Seth, have a safe trip. You have every right to be proud of your brother. I made the trek down to Parris Island when my brother graduated from boot camp many years ago. Quite an accomplishment and something to definitely be proud of!!

Weathered
07-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks Teri and Kerri (rhymes :) haha)

teri...how was it when you went down? i don't really know what to expect

TeriB19
07-26-2004, 05:53 AM
Thanks Teri and Kerri (rhymes :) haha)

teri...how was it when you went down? i don't really know what to expect
Seth, when I was there it was November of 1978 and I was 11. At the time, my mom and I rode down from Philly to S.C. by bus (longest bus trip of my LIFE). I remember being in awe of my brother when I saw him for the first time in his uniform, slim & trim, high and tight haircut, rigid military stance. As for Parris Island, I do remember it being far away from everything and surrounded by swamps (remember, it's been quite awhile). My brother told us that they have to fish some guys out of the swamps at times, guys who couldn't hack it and tried to run away. That's probably not much help but the only other thing I remember distinctly is having our pic. taken in front of the Iwo Jima memorial statue on the base.

Weathered
07-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the explanation Teri....well we are flying down since it's on my sister's birthday (she wasn't about to drive 15 hours on her birthday haha) ...well thats not the only reason but yeah

Anyway...I'll let you guys know how it guys when I get back

JulieCitySlicker
07-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Seth,
I will be praying that your brother stays safe if he is called to Iraq :hugs:

Sheila63
07-26-2004, 06:42 PM
he got to call today .....and we found out he is going to Iraq for sure after Rifle Training in NC.....so that is not good....but we knew it was coming

Seth, your brother will be in my prayers. :hugs:

Vixen_255
07-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Vixen....what town do you live in? We are staying in Beaufort I believe....not sure

Thats where Parris Island is it's in Beaufort. COOL!!! Y'all stayin' in my neck of da woods way too go!!

Weathered
07-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Awesome!! Well, we are leaving tomorrow morning.....flight takes off at 7:45....meaning I have to wake up at 4 :eek: ....I figure I'll just stay up all night haha....my usual bed time is 3:30.....so ehh whats an extra half hour

I'll let you guys know how it all turns out when I get back....should be fun!

Vixen_255
07-28-2004, 07:35 PM
You better get some rest I'm here to tell ya those graduations are long as h3ll it's like 3 or 4 hours long & it takes you 1 hour to get off Parris Island.

Weathered
07-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Well I return
very exhausted from flying and waking up very early (2:45) ....anyway...we got to the graduation around 6:45 AM and it didnt start til 9 lol.....that sucked so bad......but it only lasted about 45 mins.......would've taken us a while to get off the island.....but we decided to go to the Exchange ...and I got a few CD's in there

Family Day was pretty fun too...just went around the island and out to eat and stuff

My brother hasn't changed that much...the main thing I noticed though is that he says ma'am and sir a lot ....even to like waiters at the restaraunt

Vixen...have you ever been to JP's Place (italian restaurant)......the owner is reallllllly nice.....all Marines eat free there b/c he has a few sons in the marines....and he gave my brother his home phone # and told him to call him anytime for anything.....money..place to stay...anything he wanted ....he also owns a high end restaurant in NYC....so he is pretty wealthy

Sheila63
07-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Seth, it sounds like you had a fun trip except for having to wake up so early and wait so long for the graduation. I'm happy to hear you arrived home safely and it's good to have you back. :)

Vixen_255
07-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Vixen...have you ever been to JP's Place (italian restaurant)......the owner is reallllllly nice.....all Marines eat free there b/c he has a few sons in the marines....and he gave my brother his home phone # and told him to call him anytime for anything.....money..place to stay...anything he wanted ....he also owns a high end restaurant in NYC....so he is pretty wealthy

Yeah I've been there my Uncle Tony use to own & run that place but he died of cancer I'm telling you my Uncle Tony had the best italian resturant in Beaufort cause he's full blooded Italian his nephew works at the F.D. I believe & after my uncle Tony died his wife Rosa use to run it but she sold it to J.P. & moved to New York to be with her family it was called "Cinellie's" I cant remember how to spell it but they have remodled it alot since JP got it. It looked was nothing like it does now. But yeah I've eaten there before & it's way too much $$$$ than my Uncle Tony wanted. It's just nothing like it was. And yeah he's wealthy.

Weathered
07-31-2004, 08:21 PM
yeah it is expensive....but very good though...6 bucks for a small piece of cheesecake (extremely good cheesecake) ...but 6 bucks..homemade though

small world isnt it ;) :)

Weathered
07-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey Vixen (what's your name by the way...I wasn't really around when you joined)....could you please get the address to JP's place for me.....my mom wants to send Vito a thank you for being so kind to my brother and us

If you could....that would be great! thanks

Seth

JulieCitySlicker
07-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi Seth!
Welcome back:)

Weathered
07-31-2004, 10:28 PM
thanks julie and sheila :)

JulieCitySlicker
07-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Your Welcome :D

Vixen_255
08-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Hey Vixen (what's your name by the way...I wasn't really around when you joined)....could you please get the address to JP's place for me.....my mom wants to send Vito a thank you for being so kind to my brother and us

If you could....that would be great! thanks

Seth

I would be more than happy to get that addy for you I tell you what I'll go look in the phone book right now & you'll have a pm soon ok? ;)

My name is Victoria.

Yeah $6 for cheesecake is crazy but yeah it is good. :D

Lemme go look for that addy Seth ok? BRB

Weathered
08-01-2004, 09:53 AM
thanks a bunch again victoria

Vixen_255
08-01-2004, 04:36 PM
You're welcome (not really sure what I did.) but you're welcome!!!LMAO!
It sounds like you had a good time here in Beautiful Beaufort!

Weathered
08-01-2004, 05:01 PM
i meant thanks for the addy haha....

Guns n' Roses
08-01-2004, 05:22 PM
hmm viken nice avatar. velvet revolver kicks major ass

Sheila63
08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
thanks julie and sheila :)

You're welcome, Seth. :) That italian restaurant you went to sounds great!

Vixen_255
08-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanx Guns n' Roses!!!

It's awesome Shelia. But you better be hungry cause they bring you a GIANT plate full of food & good too.
Before my grandpa died on Valentine's day. He went there & he didnt really eat ALOT of food for one meal. So when they brought him that big plate he said "I cant eat this I need a kids plate" I swear to God it's what he said. well the girl wouldnt give it to him well this is a small a$$ town so he's like "Fine I wont come back here again" well finally JP or someone came out & said you know "What's the problem?" & all that sh!t & my papa got a smaller plate! :D I love him.

OH You're welcome Seth. I didnt mind looking up the addy for ya.

Weathered
08-02-2004, 09:28 PM
yeah JP and Vito are extremely nice guys...wish there were more people like them around here

Vixen_255
08-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah they are.
It just bring back old memories of when my Uncle Tony was alive & running that place & all.
So I choose not to eat there cause to many memories are there for me & my family.

Weathered
08-04-2004, 10:47 AM
yeah that is very understandable Vicks

Vixen_255
08-04-2004, 06:50 PM
I mean I dont have anything against them. I've eaten there before. But it brings back so memories & after just lossing my grandfather a couple of months ago I just dont want those memories coming back right now.