Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New Album by PearlJam maybe? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New Album by PearlJam maybe?

chafin24
12-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Amazon Hooks Pearl Jam Song
Tue Dec 16, 6:48 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen

Veteran alt-rock band Pearl Jam, now free from its Sony Music contract, has aligned with Amazon.com to release the CD single "Man of the Hour" from the "Big Fish" soundtrack.

The move makes Pearl Jam the most mainstream act to take part in Amazon.com's Advantage for Music Program, which is generally used by unknown independent acts to sell music directly to fans.

"Pearl Jam is exploring a number of different ways to get music directly to its fans following the recent fulfillment of its contract with Epic Records, with whom the band has not yet decided to re-sign," Pearl Jam's manager Kelly Curtis said. "We have the opportunity right now to test the waters with a variety of progressive companies that are working (news - Y! TV) to expand options for music fans and artists alike."

Jeff Peterson, director of Amazon.com's Advantage program, said all the albums released through the program get equal marketing time on the Amazon.com Web site as do major label releases. The list price for "Man of the Hour," which Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder (news) wrote, is $5.

Pearl Jam has tentative plans to record a new studio album next year and is weighing distribution options.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

:cool:

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Man, those guys have been busy! They just released Lost Dogs! Way cool. Thanks for the news.

hide
12-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Hey thanks for spreading the Jam and I must say it is very cool that so many Creeders still love Grandma's Pearl Jam after all that has happened through the years between the two groups of fans, Marshall's comments, the constant comparsions etc:

They have been majorly busy with a DVD and "Lost Dogs" which for those that don't know is a b-sides and rarities cd. Seriously most bands would kill for half the songs PJ have put on this cd. All Night, Sad, Alone, Yellow Ledbetter, Brother (instrumental doh), Fatal, Otherside, Down, Dead Man, Dirty Frank, Don't Gimme No Lip (Stone Gossard on lead vocals) and newbie favourite Last Kiss are great songs amongst others.

They plan to start recording in April so I wouldn't expect an album before September though without Sony they will be able to get it out quicker.

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 11:05 PM
This is awesome news. I'm loving Lost Dogs, too! The only song I hate is Last Kiss. I hated the original, too, hehehe.

hide
12-18-2003, 11:09 PM
This is awesome news. I'm loving Lost Dogs, too! The only song I hate is Last Kiss. I hated the original, too, hehehe.

Lost Dogs even though its a rarities cd is probably the best album of 2003 which shows how great Pearl Jam are. Some of the songs left off Riot Act and Binaural are gems and really should have made both albums. These two albums are not as good as Yield and earlier but they could have been.

I get annoyed when my brother and sister only like Last Kiss and nothing else but its so catchy and i've actually never heard the orignal. Leaving Here is another great song probably their best cover.

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 11:14 PM
lt's just such a cool collection. I'm soooo glad they did it.

LMAO @ your brother and sister....Man, PJ have such an amazing catalog of songs......Haven't you forced them to listen to it all, yet ;)....Weird, right now I'm listening to Mad Season and Mike M is going nuts on November Hotel...That is one BAD-ASS piece of work by him!

hide
12-18-2003, 11:19 PM
lt's just such a cool collection. I'm soooo glad they did it.

LMAO @ your brother and sister....Man, PJ have such an amazing catalog of songs......Haven't you forced them to listen to it all, yet ;)....Weird, right now I'm listening to Mad Season and Mike M is going nuts on November Hotel...That is one BAD-ASS piece of work by him!

Yeah I force them to listen to PJ and they complain but they shall listen until they become as rabid as me! LOL I play all their albums, have 5 boots and watch their DVD from time to time. They like some songs my brother likes harder stuff such as Save You, Go, Even Flow etc but my sister is into pop mostly which is why she likes Last Kiss. My brother doesn't like Eddie's rants but I like it because at least he's trying to do some good and some of them are quite funny.

The best thing about Lost Dogs or actually worst I guess is that some of their best b-sides didn't even make the record such as State of Love and Trust, Breath, Leatherman, Out of My Mind, Soldier of Love and the like. I forget to mention Hard to Imagine and Footsteps such great songs.

Mikey is criminally underated such great solos in November Hotel from Mad Season, Reach Down from TOTD and of course various PJ songs including Even Flow.

facelessman
12-18-2003, 11:21 PM
meh

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 11:22 PM
OMG, Reach Down is my personal fave off TOTD....It sends chills down my spine...Yes, it is a shame those songs didn't make the other albums, but I'm sure glad they made it to Lost Dogs. Keep pluggin' away at your siblings. They'll come around ;).

hide
12-18-2003, 11:25 PM
OMG, Reach Down is my personal fave off TOTD....It sends chills down my spine...Yes, it is a shame those songs didn't make the other albums, but I'm sure glad they made it to Lost Dogs. Keep pluggin' away at your siblings. They'll come around ;).

yeah they'll come around eventually if my singing along to these great songs doesn't drive them away! LOL

My fav song off that record and probably my fav record of all time actually is "Hunger Strike" great having these two voices in union. The whole album is great Say Hello 2 Heaven, Call Me a Dog, Times of Trouble etc:

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 11:28 PM
I know. It was such an amazing blend of talent! Hunger Strike is right up there as well. There isn't a weak song on that CD. It's incredible.

hide
12-18-2003, 11:35 PM
I know. It was such an amazing blend of talent! Hunger Strike is right up there as well. There isn't a weak song on that CD. It's incredible.

and it took until PJ made it for people to notice this album. I wish TOTD reunions like the one at Santa Barbara this year came around more often and a second album would be killer but it won't happen. Great album one I listen to all the time and never tire of. Cornell's voice as the peak of its powers at this stage, isn't what it used to be but still one of the best in the business.

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Hell, yeah on Cornell. I mean, he's almost 40, so he's going to lose a bit, lol...plus all that smoking and drinking hasn't helped, but he still kicks ass. It's really amazing what lies beneath the radar screen sometimes.

hide
12-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Hell, yeah on Cornell. I mean, he's almost 40, so he's going to lose a bit, lol...plus all that smoking and drinking hasn't helped, but he still kicks ass. It's really amazing what lies beneath the radar screen sometimes.

so much great music that so many people don't know about so true! The smoking and drinking hasen't helped his voice but he can still pull off those slower songs. His acoustic performance of "Like a Stone" was fantastic but Hunger Strike was better in the earlier days. About PJ how funny is it when ED fluffs his lines? I've got the boot from State College (May 3rd) and in Satan's Bed which is rarely if ever played he totally stuffs it up and does the same thing with You've Got to Hide Your Love Away and he saids "oh no not now" or something like that.

We can forgive him because his not playing the standard 23 songs and only changing up one or two here or there.

Dogstar
12-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Hahah, that's funny. That's true, though, that's what makes their boots so desirable. Different set lists all the time. It's all that wine he drinks, lol ;).

hide
12-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Hahah, that's funny. That's true, though, that's what makes their boots so desirable. Different set lists all the time. It's all that wine he drinks, lol ;).

Creed wouldn't sell as many boots because they only change up one or two songs and often its the same setlist. That means your only likely to buy the boot of a gig you were at and any concert that had a rarer song, cover etc: One can only hope they change it up more in the future and that this new band also does. Its going to be tough for this band though considering they will have precious little songs to play. They may to have to play some covers, I wonder if they will play any Creed songs?

It does help to have a tighter concert but it lessens the appeal overall!

Dogstar
12-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I love the spontaneity of some groups. Even A Perfect Circle varies their set list a bit. I have seen them once and I have downloaded three boots, and each one has a song from Mer de Noms that didn't show up on the other two.

hide
12-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I love the spontaneity of some groups. Even A Perfect Circle varies their set list a bit. I have seen them once and I have downloaded three boots, and each one has a song from Mer de Noms that didn't show up on the other two.

that is awesome for Creed it is tough because of all the pyro and such, but I don't think Mark wants to give that up. There has to be a way around it certain parts of the concert should be up for changing. You don't have to have a competely new setlist even 2 or 3 different songs a night would make it collectable.

Dogstar
12-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Exactly! They need to lose some of the pyro and let it be about the music. That's what it's all about. Jerry Cantrell changes set lists all the time, even within the same week. I saw him twice in five days and the two shows were pretty different, even for the encore. He does have a great body of work to choose from, though, which helps. But Creed have so many great songs, that they easily could vary things a bit and people would be psyched.

chafin24
12-19-2003, 05:48 PM
leave brian marshall alone, its been two years.

Dogstar
12-19-2003, 07:53 PM
leave brian marshall alone, its been two years.
Hellooooo? WTF? Nobody said anything about Brian Marshall in this thread, so chill.

hayley
12-20-2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah I'll say go take a chill pill.

I heard that Pearl Jam may have a new album on the radio the other day, that's great just not so long ago they released Lost Dogs they must be going hard. PEARL JAM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO

hide
12-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Pearl Jam obviously love been around eachother and playing at the moment taking a few months off and then hitting the studio again which is fantastic. Some pyro is good but if it means not been able to change up your setlists then its not worth it!

chafin24
12-21-2003, 11:00 PM
99x in atlanta ga is playing a ton of pearl jam this weekend.

hide
12-22-2003, 01:16 AM
cool good to hear that!

alone has been doing really well in this song contest thing and to think its a b-side!

I know the first question the reporter's will be asking Brian when this new band release their album!

jango
12-26-2003, 08:26 PM
As the resident Pearl Jam expert... heh... I feel it necessary to educate y'all. Pearl Jam, although contributing "Man of the Hour" (Great song, btw) to Tim Burton's Big Fish soundtrack, are not in the studio at this time. The band is said to be heading into the studio later in 04 and possibly putting together a short (10-15) summer tour before finalizing the album.

Dogstar
12-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Ahhh, the PJ master returns! Thanks for the info, jango.

hide
12-27-2003, 06:06 AM
Ahhh, the PJ master returns! Thanks for the info, jango.

hey jango my claim to fame is the PJ expert don't try to steal my thunder! LOL BTW are you from the board and if so who are ya? I knew that info you posted but thanks for the update for everyone else. I think they may be heading into the studio in April, but I know nothing about a tour next year but lets hope so.

Dogstar
12-27-2003, 06:13 AM
Hide, jango's been on the board in its various stages since the beginning. We often say he has a master's in Pearl Jam :D. He is the original PJ expert here :D.

hide
12-27-2003, 06:31 AM
Hide, jango's been on the board in its various stages since the beginning. We often say he has a master's in Pearl Jam :D. He is the original PJ expert here :D.

hehe i shall usurp his throne! LOL

jango
01-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Good luck.

:)

Dogstar
01-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Muwhahahahahaha, the master has spoken ;).

hayley
01-10-2004, 01:56 AM

Wow, I didn't know that! Awesome. When Jango used to post alot more I didn't even know he liked Pearl Jam...I guess because that was when I wasn't a Pearl Jam fan. :D

Dogstar
01-10-2004, 02:43 AM
Hayley, as Teri likes to say, jango has a master's degree in Pearl Jam. :D

hide
01-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Hayley, as Teri likes to say, jango has a master's degree in Pearl Jam. :D

so Jango please tell me what your Synergy username is I don't recongise you from there. By the way i'm A Surprise Left who loves to cause trouble by raising Creed at every possible opporunity! LOL

jango
01-11-2004, 08:43 PM
so Jango please tell me what your Synergy username is I don't recongise you from there. By the way i'm A Surprise Left who loves to cause trouble by raising Creed at every possible opporunity! LOL

Haven't ever actually registered... surprising as it may seem. Might have to go do it, though.

hide
01-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Haven't ever actually registered... surprising as it may seem. Might have to go do it, though.

what the PJ expert hasen't registered? Looks like you are ineligible for your crown! LOL Be warned buddy that unless you like to stick up for Creed constantly (like i do) you should probably lay low.

jango
01-11-2004, 10:16 PM
You're new here, aren't you...

Dogstar
01-11-2004, 10:16 PM
:D

hide
01-11-2004, 10:23 PM

well not really....

jango
01-11-2004, 10:31 PM
No, really.

hide
01-11-2004, 10:55 PM
No, really.

no really i've been here for quite some time! LOL

what's your point? come on dude its time to join and fight the good fight with me! LOL Seriously its a great board, just about everyone gets along and are quite tolerant of others. Kat and Sea the two Mods actually got to see Big Fish with the boys.

hide
01-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey Jango love the Green Disease lyrics there but do you think the stowaway with his throat is our very own Scott Stapp?

jango
01-12-2004, 11:38 PM
no really i've been here for quite some time! LOL

what's your point? come on dude its time to join and fight the good fight with me! LOL Seriously its a great board, just about everyone gets along and are quite tolerant of others. Kat and Sea the two Mods actually got to see Big Fish with the boys.

Here's the story...

I come here and trash Creed, then admit to moderately liking them, and now I could care less either way, but I still check in to chat... I have no allegiances to Creed and I don't think Ed would devote an entire lyric to Stapp.

hide
01-13-2004, 02:53 AM
oh LOL!

i think i remember that now but I probably didn't pay much attention to you. So you were a troll but somehow you a fan of some description. Are you one of the many who liked perhaps even loved MOP but hated everything since? Isn't it a little strange to spend time on a board of a band you don't even like. When can I expect you at Synergy?

So could that line be more generic perhaps more then one person? I think that someone such as Stapp or Lewis is the obvious canditate but i'm sure i'm misinterpreting it.

jango
01-14-2004, 11:08 PM
oh LOL!

i think i remember that now but I probably didn't pay much attention to you. So you were a troll but somehow you a fan of some description. Are you one of the many who liked perhaps even loved MOP but hated everything since? Isn't it a little strange to spend time on a board of a band you don't even like. When can I expect you at Synergy?

So could that line be more generic perhaps more then one person? I think that someone such as Stapp or Lewis is the obvious canditate but i'm sure i'm misinterpreting it.

"(G-R-E-E-D)
(G-R-E-E-D)
(G-R-E-E-D)
it's a disease and they're all green
it emanates from their being
a satiation with occupation
and like weeds with big leaves
stealing light from what's beneath
where they have more
still they take more
i know, then i don't
there's a stow-away with my throat
it's deceiving, i don't believe him
we can scream out our doors
behind the wall, a fat man snores
in his dreams, he's choking ti leaves
well i guess there's nothing wrong with what you say
but don't sell me, "there can't be better ways"
tell the captain, "the boat's not safe, and we're drowning"
turns out he's the one making waves, waves, waves...
i said there's nothing wrong with what you say
believe me, i'm just asking you to sway
no white or black, just grey
can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
brain...
(G-R-E-E-D)
(G-R-E-E-D)"

In one of the Riot Act shows, Ed changed the lyrics to "I know, then I don't/There's a stowaway with mith throat/It's deceiving/His band's named Creed." Then concluding the song with "C-R-E-E-D, C-R-E-E-D."

In my opinion, Green Disease is a sociopolitical song detailing the evil corporate-controlled America and society's acceptance of the American ideal being entirely monetarily based. In my own interpretation, a satiation is complete satisfaction with greed and the pursuit of riches, supported by a government "occupation" via large corporate chains. However, does Ed specifically mean this? I doubt it. This is what I get from it... As Ed says "Interpret, don't translate." As for the Creed line, perhaps for that show the stowaway was Stapp. However, on any other day, the stowaway is any corporate driven enterprise, in their case, Sony. Through his voice and his words he encourages and drives the political viewpoints of many, with good intent. However, his voice and the stowaway therein are, when all is said in done, controlled by money and corporate greed, the opposite of what Pearl Jam has stood for. Again, this is my opinion. There are NO exact interpretations of Pearl Jam music, which is why it appeals to so many.

RMadd
01-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Man, those guys have been busy! They just released Lost Dogs! Way cool. Thanks for the news.
Does it make a difference that they just released it? As has been previously stated, it's a rarities and other B-sides compilation... so, if I'm not mistaken, most songs already had studio versions recorded?

Dogstar
01-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Does it make a difference that they just released it? As has been previously stated, it's a rarities and other B-sides compilation... so, if I'm not mistaken, most songs already had studio versions recorded?

Yes, but I'm sure there is still a lot of work involved in selecting and mixing and production. Sheesh. That was an old post anyway. What's your point?

RMadd
01-15-2004, 12:24 AM
calm down, eh? this was the first time i've read in the thread, so i was trying to get an idea of what the heezy was going on... and your post just piqued my curiosity. Is it that time of month again, b/c I've noticed some of your recent posts being not-too-nice...

Dogstar
01-15-2004, 01:33 AM
That's quite a sexist remark, and I don't really appreciate it. I could say the same about your posts. So you could take a chill pill as well.

hayley
01-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Time out guys

Take it easy Bearfan

jango
01-16-2004, 01:22 AM
calm down, eh? this was the first time i've read in the thread, so i was trying to get an idea of what the heezy was going on... and your post just piqued my curiosity. Is it that time of month again, b/c I've noticed some of your recent posts being not-too-nice...

Your post did not serve to enlighten others or benefit the conversation as a whole... so it was unnecessary. Perhaps had you entered the discussion earlier, it may have been pertinent. Lay off.

Dogstar, he/she's a Republican, it's to be expected. ;)

Dogstar
01-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Your post did not serve to enlighten others or benefit the conversation as a whole... so it was unnecessary. Perhaps had you entered the discussion earlier, it may have been pertinent. Lay off.

LMAO! :D, and thanks, jango :)

hide
01-17-2004, 05:41 AM

LOL oh so that explains why Jango is such a PJ fan! hehe

To be fair there are quite a few more "conserative" PJ fans and I would place myself in that category but they are a few and far between. But I must say that Bush and Howard have to go! Jango that is an interstering interpratation there and it makes a lot of sense.

I never thought that a major part of the song dealed with Stapp but I have always thought that he is the stowaway. Good intentions but used by the corporate machine for bad results? Interstering!