Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The Power of Prayer... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Prayer...

Aimee
10-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Many of you on here recently have seen me getting down. Many things in my life seemed fruitless lately. My confidence and that sure feeling about my future were crumbling right in front of me...
Since I've come to CreedFeed, I have been blessed to get to know each of you better. I can't think of a group in my past that I can feel most comfortable with. Online and in person.
Your encouragement has given me many things to be grateful for, but I know that it was your prayers that have given me what I hold now...
Since you said you'd be praying for me, many good things have happened. These are major things in my life, job status, money and love. (Well, not all good but I'm trying to be positive here dangit!) I got great news that I am getting a promotion that will give me high regard and it's something fun that my company created just for me! Among others.
Thanks soooooooo super much to all of you who kept me looking up. Your names are on my lips when I pray so that you will be safe and find your passions in life.
Tell me, have you had similar results with a prayer request on this board?

JulieCitySlicker
10-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Hi Aimee:P
That is awesome about your job girl! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you:D I'm also glad that the prayers of everyone have worked for you!

I know how you were feelinmg. I've been going through the same feelings lately. I'm almost 25 years old and I have nothing of a career even started yet, infact I can't even get a job now:( I havn't been to college at all yet:embarass: I feel like I've failed at everything I ever started in life lately:( and I know I don't want to be stuck in a dead end job.

Yes! I feel it when I know there are friends and loved ones praying for me;) That is what gets me through these days!

JenRN
10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Amy it is so nice to hear this. We all have had you in our thoughts and prayers for awhile. Congrats on the job promotion, you deserve it for so many reasons! Yes I feel that there has been a great change in my life for the better since I have you great people from Creedfeed in it. I have been though some really rough times in my life and continue to deal with other rough times and I feel a sense of "hope" and friendship everytime I log onto here. I am so grateful to this board and the great people on it. I think we have something really special here, too bad others make a mockery of it and just don't understand. I will continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers:angel:

Sheila63
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I can relate so much to all of your posts. So much so that I sit here typing with tears in my eyes. I'm so happy to hear about your promotion, Amy!! Congratulations!!!:hugs: Yes, I have experienced the power of prayer first hand and I'm so happy to hear good things are happening in your life, Amy.

Julie, in my book, you're not a failure, not by a long shot. You have a great spirit and a wonderful sense of humor. I know good things will happen for you. :D :hugs:

All of you here have given me so much including your friendship, your support, some laughs and great times. I always look forward to coming here because you, pardon the pun, welcomed me with arms wide open. For me, that was very special. I agree with Jen, we have a special place here and I'm very happy to be a part of it. All of you are special to me and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

JulieCitySlicker
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
I agree:dancing:
This board and the people in it are very wonderful and heartwarming! I'm am glad to be here with you guys and I look forward to coming here and talking to you and getting to know you! You have all given me so much, wether it is a shoulder to cry on, a friendly hello, words of encouragement and support, or just being there to listen and to take the time to be a friend. You all have touched my life far greater than you may ever know:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I love you guys!!!

JenRN
10-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Talk about fate hugh?:angel:

TeriB19
10-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Well, what can I say? First of all, congrats to you Aimee, I think it's fantastic about your promotion and I wish you the best of everything there. I agree, this bb has truly brought me to a fantastic group of great friends that I consider myself lucky to know.

Jen, Julie and Sheila, big hugs to you all for being such wonderful friends and we continue to be here in support of you whenever you need it. Always!

I've been lucky up to this point as far as my husband staying put, and I keep hoping that the prayers continue and he can stay at home. But if he has to go, I pray we can manage here without him, both emotionally and financially.

JulieCitySlicker
10-15-2003, 01:55 AM
You and yours will be in my prayers Teri:angel:

SCOTTSMYMAN
10-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Hey guys. Just wanted to add my thanks and appreciation to everyone I have come to know on this BB. Amy congrats on your promotion and my prayer are still with you.

This last two years have been the hardest in my life. With my hubby being sick and his job but ever time I came on here you guys were here. You all offered your support and friendship. I was never a big fan of BBs and usually didn't post on them either. This one was different. I'm so glad I decided to come here. I'm so looking forward to meeting you all in November. My husband even thanks you all for giving me that little extra help to keep me strong. Your prayers have helped us in new beginning for he is well and now hopefully we'll be able to start living again. Thanks to all of you for your words and encouragement! i love you guys! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Teri you are also still in my thoughts and prayers:angel:

Dogstar
10-18-2003, 11:53 PM
This the the first bb I ever joined because most of the other ones I looked at were inane and rude and just full of mean-spirited folks. I couldn't believe how different this one was. I lurked for a while before I took the plunge, and boy, I'm glad I decided to do it. I have been privileged to have such cool friends from this place. And yes, all your prayers have helped tons! I asked for them when a close friend was going through a very difficult time, and I'm sure all your prayers, kind words and support helped him and helped me help him...if that makes sense, LOL!

I can't thank you all enough for welcoming me and cyberhanging out, not to mention those of you I was lucky enough to meet in person!

You guys are the best. Once again, I thank Creed and Steve for making it all possible!

souldancer
10-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Sending prayers and positive energy out .....to you dear Amy, and all of us on this healing journey. It is great to have a place like this to share our joys, our insanity of passion for music (and musicians) - and a place to go with our sorrows, fears and tears. Dang, if i didn;t actually meet some of you I would think this was too good to be real! So, even if we can;t all be together in a hug fest, or dancing our buns off...I send you sincere intentions and patience as your prayers are being heard. Amy, you are such a talented, giving soul - a true inspiration and a joy. Enjoy the journey - the mystery - and this beautiful, prayerful journey called Life!

JulieCitySlicker
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-souldancer+10-26-2003 06:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (souldancer @ 10-26-2003 06:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Sending prayers and positive energy out .....to you dear Amy, and all of us on this healing journey. It is great to have a place like this to share our joys, our insanity of passion for music (and musicians) - and a place to go with our sorrows, fears and tears. Dang, if i didn;t actually meet some of you I would think this was too good to be real! So, even if we can;t all be together in a hug fest, or dancing our buns off...I send you sincere intentions and patience as your prayers are being heard. Amy, you are such a talented, giving soul - a true inspiration and a joy. Enjoy the journey - the mystery - and this beautiful, prayerful journey called Life! [/b][/quote]
Hi souldancer!
How are ya? Its been so long since I've seen you here, I hope all is well with you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: