Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Brett Hestla [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Brett Hestla

facelessman
06-15-2003, 12:47 AM
why is creed so reluctant to make brett a member, or to let him on the next album?:confused:

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 01:03 AM
Could be many issues, including Virgos (Brett's Band where he's lead vocals) and the fact that Brian's departure shook them up pretty good; they prob. want to make sure Brett will be with them for the long run.

Higher_Desire
06-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by velocityidp
Could be many issues, including Virgos (Brett's Band where he's lead vocals) and the fact that Brian's departure shook them up pretty good; they prob. want to make sure Brett will be with them for the long run.

Exactly what I thought.

H-D

hayley
06-15-2003, 04:16 AM
I don't want him to join the band for good, but like I said a fair bit back, I haven't seen Creed live, so I don't know how he performs.

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
I don't want him to join the band for good, but like I said a fair bit back, I haven't seen Creed live, so I don't know how he performs.

I like Brett's performance... particularly that lumbering jig he always does... it's pretty cool :) I think he fits in very well as far as the stage performances go. Heck, Brian Marshal usually just stood there anyway.

But as far as the musical aspects, so far I like what I hear. Check out the solo he had in the alcatraz video for What If... he really get into it and does well! I also would like to see him do some base tracks and get base back into Creed's music. Weathered was pretty poor in that department.

hayley
06-15-2003, 04:24 AM
I can't download videos, unfortunatly.

Yeah he sounds good, obviously he is or else Creed wouldn't keep on using him for touring, but I just have to hear him myself to jude properly, you know?

hayley
06-15-2003, 04:26 AM
I think the reason I don't want him to join Creed permantly is because Creed have been just the 3 of them for the last couple of years, it's worked good like that, I don't know if I want to see another member, let alone another member that already has a band of his own. :dunno:

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 04:28 AM
I think the reason I don't want him to join Creed permantly is because Creed have been just the 3 of them for the last couple of years, it's worked good like that, I don't know if I want to see another member, let alone another member that already has a band of his own. :dunno:

I would have to disagree. Creed really needs a bassist... Tremonti rocks, but he's not a bassist! Like I said, Weathered was good, but its base was mediocre.

The Lithium
06-15-2003, 04:37 AM
I think they will let him in....Mark Tremonti & Scott Phillips: "We're not sure yet, but Brett is the man for the job, we can't find someone who's better! And it's just some things that we'll do first to make it officiall, but we hope he will join us! Rock out!"

Well, that's...

Just...

Bullshit!!!...If you haven't seen Creed live you can't tell if Brett is good of bad!
I have seen Brett in action MANY times and I reallt like him!
Creed will anyway have to find a bassplayer someday....Mark can't do it forever and they can't have all different bassplayers on every tour. I don't think Brett wants to play bass on nexst tour if Creed sas: "Sorry, but we don't think you're the man for the job anymore".
Let him in with arms wide open!

JenRN
06-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Brett has grown on me I guess, when I first saw Creed live on the Weathered tour I was not too impressed, he did not sound right. Then I saw him with his band Virgos and I saw "where he was coming from" after seeing them 4 times last summer he sounded better each time I saw them. He seems to fit in well with them now, like "one of the guys" I agree they do need a bassist. I tend to listen more to MOP and Human Clay more than Weathered, not that I don't love that Cd I just like the "heavier bass sound" from the other 2 Cd's better! It seems that Brett and Flip are pals too, cool to see!:cool:

mommydutson
06-15-2003, 12:21 PM
i think he still has virgos issues to deal with they have been known to say he is in the band not officially but they all feel he is one of ther band members

Rain
06-15-2003, 12:44 PM
I would like to see Brett become a permanent member of the band, but I guess only time will tell................either way I'm with them all the way :rockon:

Rain

Dogstar
06-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I think he should, too. Has he ever said publicly that he wants to be a permanent member? I'm just wondering if the delay is not just on Creed's end, especially since he's the Virgos frontman, yes?

I do remember reading a comment from Mark, though, in which he said Brett's writing contribution also could determine whether he joins the band permanently.

TeriB19
06-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I vote for Samurai Jack to join permanently.:samurai:

DangerousDan85
06-15-2003, 10:35 PM
if he gets a new hair stylist I'm all for it :lol:

Wylde-Tremonti
06-15-2003, 10:39 PM
wtf was that Teri!...lol...i think they need a bassist...i like the heavy bass sound....and i agree...it was somewhat lacking on weathered....we'll see...

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
wtf was that Teri!...lol...i think they need a bassist...i like the heavy bass sound....and i agree...it was somewhat lacking on weathered....we'll see...

Hey I like the cut... funny but just funky enough to be cool, heh. Plus, you gotta love that lumbering jig he does. Lol... makes me want to jam :jam:

Dogstar
06-16-2003, 11:50 AM
LOL, I vote for a new do, but I'm with you, velocity, I love that jig, too. And they really do need a permanent bassist. It's amazing how much presence that instrument can have. Weathered showed that by its glaring lack of a good bass. Mark is wonderful guitar player, but I think him handling the bass duties as well was too much.

Sheila63
06-16-2003, 12:13 PM
I agree, I hope he joins them as their permanent bass player. I like the heavier bass sound of MOP and HC too.

Bridge of Clay
06-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar

I do remember reading a comment from Mark, though, in which he said Brett's writing contribution also could determine whether he joins the band permanently.

:wtf:

huh? no, let Stapp and Mark keep writing the music. Let Brett just write the bass lines.

I have nothing against Brett (except for his hair, as Dan said :P )
but Brian was so good! Is it okay to say I miss him?

I mean, he was one hell of a musician! I feel sorry they couldnīt get along anymore... :(

Dogstar
06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Hehehe, Marcos, even drummers contribute to the writing :D.

Wylde-Tremonti
06-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

Let Brett just write the bass lines.

that's what Mark meant by writing...

Bridge of Clay
06-16-2003, 11:05 PM
I hope so!