Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed Dumps 12 Stones [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Dumps 12 Stones

Steve
10-22-2002, 10:09 PM
Looks like Creed has dumped 12 Stones from their tour now and added Stereo Fuse.... sweet!! I don't really care for 12 Stones (wasn't impressed with them this summer). I'm betting this was a Wind-up Records decision as Stereo Fuse is releasing their first CD very soon and what better way to promote it then by touring with Creed!

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I really like 12 Stones, but it's all good. I think they've made some headway thanks to the tour.

luvscott4ever
10-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Sorry Steve...But I think that SUCKS!! I really like 12 Stones!! I thought they put on a very high energy show!! Really got people in the mood to ROCK!! Not that Creed couldn't do it on their own though!!! ;)

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 10:34 PM
I truely love 12 Stones... a lot of their music hit home for me. Just because Creed drops them doesn't mean I will.

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
Just because Creed drops them doesn't mean I will.

Amen.

Still, all good things must come to an end.

Steve
10-22-2002, 10:50 PM
12 Stones has some great songs... it's just that their performance didn't hit me very much... they did have energy, but the singer screamed too much... he's got a pretty good voice, he should have used it more IMO. I don't care for bands that scream through half their set.

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Steve
12 Stones has some great songs... it's just that their performance didn't hit me very much... they did have energy, but the singer screamed too much... he's got a pretty good voice, he should have used it more IMO. I don't care for bands that scream through half their set.

I still think they put on a great show, but that's a legitimate gripe. When I first got the CD back in May, I was like, "Well, these guys are really, really good, but a lot of the screaming is out of place in their songs." But then it grew on me.

TeriB19
10-22-2002, 11:06 PM
I had never heard anything by 12 Stones until I saw them open for Creed in Camden, NJ. The one thing I distinctively remember is the amount of screaming the lead singer did. I know they were full of energy and really connected with the fans, but I don't like a lot of screaming. To me that's not very entertaining.

Steve
10-22-2002, 11:19 PM
That's the same reason why I dislike Sevendust live... Sevendust has some great songs as well, but in concert I couldn't understand Lajon because all he did was scream.

luvscott4ever
10-22-2002, 11:29 PM
I hear you both, Steve & Teri...I'm not one for the screamers either, never have been...I do enjoy His voice too...when he wasn't screaming...I never have understood that...(screaming) but for me, he could get away with it...lol...:)

TeriB19
10-22-2002, 11:30 PM
I have enough screaming going on in my house with the two kids, I don't need to pay money to hear somebody scream a song at me.:P

souldancer
10-23-2002, 02:10 AM
Well, I am glad I am not the only one that had similar feelings about 12 Stones, and here I just thought it was my silver hair ;) To me, their songs all sounded so sugary and similar. And as for 7 dust, I thought Lajon did have some slower movements too and was great with the crowd - but, NO ONE COMES CLOSE TO....,:dancing:

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 02:15 AM
I liked 12 Stones and their energetic show. The lead singer did scream a bit, and he does have a nice voice. He doesn't really need to do all that screaming. I like the CD, even though the middle of it does get lost in some similar sounding songs, but there are a few tracks worth the 10 bucks I spent on it. I think it's a decent first effort. Not a big Sevendust fan, and don't know much about Stereo Fuse. I'll have to check them out.

Read JDM
10-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I liked 12 Stones and their energetic show. The lead singer did scream a bit, and he does have a nice voice. He doesn't really need to do all that screaming.

I think Dogstar pretty much feels the exact same way I do. The singer's got a good voice and he doesn't need to scream, but it doesn't turn me off either. Anyway, if anyone's willing to give at least one more 12 Stones song a try, definitely check out "My Life." That's probably my favorite song on the CD.

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 01:05 PM
I love that one, too, but I think my favorite is Open Your Eyes. I like the quirky cadence in it.

Read JDM
10-23-2002, 02:31 PM
I love that one, too, but I think my favorite is Open Your Eyes. I like the quirky cadence in it.

You really can't wrong with a lot of their songs, in my opinion. It's a great album all-around.

Ruby
10-23-2002, 04:09 PM
After I got their CD I started to like 12 Stones more. The sound system at the Creed shows really was bad. You couldnt understand a word he was singing. My daughter loves them. I would take her to see them even if they arent with Creed.

Lady Valkyrie
10-23-2002, 09:37 PM
I must say that I have never seen 12 Stones in concert... yet :) So I can not comment on the screaming or the lack thereof. All I know is that I've loved them from the get go. I don't think that there is any unneeded screaming on the CD.

TeriB19
10-23-2002, 09:46 PM
Maybe not on the cd but in concert, you get screamed at.

luvscott4ever
10-23-2002, 10:23 PM

Dogstar, you are sooo cool!!! That is my favorite song on the cd too!!! coinkidink, or what??? I'm so (not really though) surprised at how much of the same things we like!! alot of the same taste in music....and FOOTBALL!!!! No wonder I like you...so much like me!! :lol: :roll: :bow: :jam:;)
Sorry about all the smilies..I just love them....

TeriB19
10-23-2002, 10:24 PM
Ever hear the old saying "Great minds think alike?";)

luvscott4ever
10-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
You really can't wrong with a lot of their songs, in my opinion. It's a great album all-around.

SOOOO AGREED!!! That is why I'm soo bummed they got bumped..I've been to 3 Creed shows this year..February they weren't playing with them...In Alpine Valley in August I only saw Creed, and in Cincinnati, I finally saw and met them..they are a great bunch of kids and I really enjoyed their show, that's why my daughter and I bought the cd at the concert, got to give it a listen in our drive thru Ohio and I was really impressed with them..Like Dogstar my fav song on the cd is Open Your Eyes and my next fav would have to be Eric's Song...but I do like the whole thing!!!

luvscott4ever
10-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Ever hear the old saying "Great minds think alike?";) </b>

Sure have, think I've said that to you a few times!!! :D

TeriB19
10-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Aw go on.:D No, really, go on!!:lol:

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
Dogstar, you are sooo cool!!! &nbsp;That is my favorite song on the cd too!!! &nbsp;coinkidink, or what??? I'm so (not really though) surprised at how much of the same things we like!! alot of the same taste in music....and FOOTBALL!!!! &nbsp;No wonder I like you...so much like me!! &nbsp; :lol: &nbsp;:roll: :bow: :jam:;) &nbsp;
Sorry about all the smilies..I just love them....

LOL, right back at ya, Luvscott! YOU ROCK!

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Ever hear the old saying "Great minds think alike?";) </b>

:) :) :) :)

Read JDM
10-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
SOOOO AGREED!!! &nbsp;That is why I'm soo bummed they got bumped..I've been to 3 Creed shows this year..February they weren't playing with them...In Alpine Valley in August I only saw Creed, and in Cincinnati, I finally saw and met them..they are a great bunch of kids and I really enjoyed their show, that's why my daughter and I bought the cd at the concert, got to give it a listen in our drive thru Ohio and I was really impressed with them..Like Dogstar my fav song on the cd is Open Your Eyes and my next fav would have to be Eric's Song...but I do like the whole thing!!!

My brother bought me the 12 Stones CD for my birthday back in May. By the time I saw them open twice for Creed in August, I was the only person singing along. But they were so good. Even better than I had hoped, in spite of their shitty equipment. And they were so cool in person, too.

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 11:42 PM
I didn't get a chance to meet them because Jerry Cantrell was up after them, and he's another fave of mine, so I didn't want to miss that. They sound like nice kids. I hope they stay that way.

creedfaner
10-24-2002, 12:17 PM
DAMN IT!! 90% of the reason why i got tickets was to see 12 Stones. :mad: :cuss:

allison
10-24-2002, 12:53 PM
I am so bummed about this. I liked them in concert, although I agree, I couldn't hear the words at all, and then when I bought the CD I fell in love with them. I was soooo excited to see them live again, this time knowing all the songs.

Is it usual for a band to tour with their opening band throughout the entire tour or do they usually switch up? I wonder if there's a chance they'll rejoin Creed. And I wonder why they split to begin with.

Read JDM
10-24-2002, 01:56 PM
I think it's unusual for the same band to open up for the headliner for all that long. I mean, when you think about it, a band like 12 Stones had a whole lot to gain by opening for the biggest modern rock band in the world (i.e., Creed), and I think they accomplished what their agents or whoever wanted them to accomplish. Everyone here is talking about 12 Stones, after all, and I'd say at least more than half of everyone whose posted in this thread seems to like them (I'm not going back and counting, but the general consensus seems to be a little more favorable than not), and so their work on the tour is done. My hope is that they'll open for another big band and be a little higher on the bill next time. It does suck, though, when you really enjoy a particular 1-2 or 1-2-3 punch and then they stop touring together. I wish I had seen one of the Creed shows where Our Lady Peace and Oleander opened, for example.

allison
10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
I see what you're saying, Read. It sort of seems like the longer they tour with Creed, the more promotion they'll get though, you know? I forgot to mention as well, I heard them on the radio yesterday (Broken). Has anyone else?

Dogstar
10-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Way cool! I haven't heard them on the radio, but then again, I'm sort of sporadic with my listening.

Read JDM
10-24-2002, 05:13 PM
I don't hear most of the bands I listen to on the radio, unfortunately. 12 Stones is one of them. So are Oleander and Finger Eleven (who I've heard on the radio a grand total of one time, and I was 8 hours from home when it happened).

Mulletman
10-25-2002, 02:51 PM
yea i dontl like ho some shittless band will get hours of air play while brand new talent gets a few minutes a month