Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Was the USA founded on Christianity? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Was the USA founded on Christianity?

Wadrick
02-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey all you creed people out there :cool: :)

This is my first post. I just became a member today. My name is Wadrick (pronouinced with a long "a" (kind of a weird name but my boss gave it to me.)

He sent this story to me. tell me what you think about it. It is kind of long...bear with me.

Subject: Fw: Our Roots in God

But in current textbooks the context of these words is deleted. Here
is what he actually said: "An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is
all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is
a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle, Sir,
is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be
purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God.
I know not what course others may take, but as for me,give me liberty,
or give me death." These sentences have been erased from our textbooks.
WHY? Under who's authority? Was Patrick Henry a Christian? You be the
judge. The following year, 1776, he wrote this: "It cannot be
emphasized too strongly or too often that this great Nation was founded
not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the
Gospel of Jesus Christ. For that reason alone, people of
other faiths have been afforded freedom of worship here."
Consider these words Thomas Jefferson wrote on the front of his
well-worn Bible: "I am a real, Christian, that is to say, a disciple of
the doctrines of Jesus. I have little doubt that our whole country will
soon be rallied to the unity of our Creator."
He was also the chairman of the American Bible Society, which he
considered his highest and most important role.
On July 4, 1821, President Adams said, "The highest glory of the
American Revolution was this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the
principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."
Calvin Coolidge, our 30th President of the United States, reaffirmed
this truth when he wrote, "The foundations of our society and our
government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be
difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be
practically universal in our country."
In 1782, the United States Congress voted this resolution: "The Congress
of the United States recommends and approves the Holy Bible for use in
all schools."
William Holmes McGuffey is the author of the McGuffey Reader, which was
used for over 100 yrs. in our public schools with over 125 million
copies sold until it was stopped in 1963. President Lincoln called him
the "Schoolmaster of the nation." Listen to these words of Mr.
McGuffey: "The Christian religion is the religion of our country. >From
it are derived our notions on the character of God, on the great moral
Governor of the universe. On its doctrines are founded the
peculiarities of our free institutions. From no source has the author
drawn more conspicuously than from the sacred Scriptures. For all
these extracts from the Bible I make no apology."
Of the first 108 universities founded in America, 106 were distinctly
Christian, including the first, Harvard University, chartered in 1636.In
the original Harvard Student Handbook, rule number 1 was that students
seeking entrance must know Latin and Greek so that they could study the
scriptures: "Let every student be plainly instructed and earnestly
pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to
know God and Jesus Christ, which is eternal life, John 17:3; and
therefore to lay Jesus Christ as the only foundation for our children to
follow the moral principles of the Ten Commandments."
James Madison, the primary author of the Constitution of the United
States, said this: "We have staked the whole future of our new nation
not upon the power of government; far from it. We have staked the
future of all our political constitutions upon the capacity of each of
ourselves to govern ourselves according to the moral principles of the
Ten Commandments."
So much for the so-called "separation of church and state."
Today, we are asking God to bless America. But, how can He bless a
nation that has departed so
far from Him? Prior to September 11, He was not welcome in America and
is still unwelcome in all
of our public schools. Most of what you read in this article has been
erased from our textbooks. Revisionists have rewritten history to remove
the truth about our country's Christian roots. "I tremble
for my country when I recall that God is just, and that His justice will
not sleep forever."
-- Thomas Jefferson

JulieCitySlicker
02-27-2003, 11:33 PM
Welcome Wadrick!:dancing: :dancing:
Very awesome poll:angel: ;) Hope ya like it here:D There are a lotta cool peeps here:bounce: :bounce:

Lechium
02-28-2003, 02:30 AM
Where's an option "no heaven for me, please"?

Bridge of Clay
02-28-2003, 01:09 PM
:rolleyes:

don´t start it, Leech!

JulieCitySlicker
02-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Ya really:rolleyes: Go ta hell if ya want to then:eek: :eek: It your life man...if you want to waste it all away then thats on you Lech:rolleyes: :eek:

Lechium
02-28-2003, 02:24 PM
I never said that I wanted to go to hell. Just not to heaven. I am sure that afterlife is a huge world, which has much more to it than just heaven and hell. I'd like to explore it, rather than getting stuck in small corner of it called heaven.

Wadrick
02-28-2003, 03:30 PM
dude, i respect you ideas about life and it is for the most part up to you weater you want to go to heaven or hell, but maybe u should realize that the afterlife is big and wonderul,but only half of it is good. that good part id heaven. the bad part is hell. that is all there is to it. no holding place, no in - between...kust heaven and hell.

i don't mean to sound sarcastic, but you can go to hell if you want to. i only hope that u change your mind

wadrick

SCOTTSMYMAN
02-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Where ever I go as long as I'm with the ones I love is good enough for me!!:)

JulieCitySlicker
03-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
I never said that I wanted to go to hell. Just not to heaven. I am sure that afterlife is a huge world, which has much more to it than just heaven and hell. I'd like to explore it, rather than getting stuck in small corner of it called heaven. Small corner huh:rolleyes: We'll see about that;)

Lechium
03-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Saying thatt there's only heaven and hell is like saying that in this physical world there's only Solar system. Just because all you've heard about is heaven and hell doesnt mean that that's all there is. I mean Cathoics created 3dr place (Purgatory), so why there cant be 10 billion more places, not mentioned in Bible?

JulieCitySlicker
03-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Saying thatt there's only heaven and hell is like saying that in this physical world there's only Solar system. Just because all you've heard about is heaven and hell doesnt mean that that's all there is. I mean Cathoics created 3dr place (Purgatory), so why there cant be 10 billion more places, not mentioned in Bible? OMG:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lechium
03-01-2003, 02:08 PM
step back for a second, and forget all you have lerned in church, and try to look sober at issue afterlife, not though the Christian perspective.

jango
03-01-2003, 02:45 PM
step back for a second, and forget all you have lerned in church, and try to look sober at issue afterlife, not though the Christian perspective.

This goes both ways...

Lechium
03-01-2003, 02:51 PM
I tried to be Christain for longest time. Never workout. So I've tried both, really.

Bridge of Clay
03-01-2003, 03:03 PM
and you´re saying it based on what???
I am sure that afterlife is a huge world,

btw, there´s no such thing like Hell in the Bible. Not even afterlife. The Bible says death is just like sleeping, but without being aware of it.

When Christ comes back, then he´ll ressurect the deads and take them to Heaven, along with those who won´t taste death.

JulieCitySlicker
03-01-2003, 04:34 PM
I tried to be Christain for longest time. Never workout. So I've tried both, really. I am the total opposite;) I tried not to be a christian and that didn't work:( Being a christian makes life a lot happier:angel: All them years that I backslid I was sad all the time and depressed:( Life had no meaning. Yes just because someone is a christian doesn't mean that everything is good all the time...you still have everyday struggles like everyone else and when you sin or do something wrong everyone looks at you like your satin. I mean we are all human here no one is perfect. I kno I'm not. I kno that everyone has their own beliefs and we are entitled to that and our own opinions to. I'm sorry if I'm trying to be forceful with mine:angel: I just am trying to understand where you get your perspectives for what you believe...thats all;)

Lechium
03-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Christanity makes peole happier. Yes. There's also an expression "ignorance is bliss". Once you pick a religion you stop looking, your seacch fro truth is pretty much over, i.e. limited within your faith. That makes you spiritually dead. Cant trade my spirituality for happines.

Wadrick
03-01-2003, 08:43 PM
N30°14'?.7 W84° where do u get off saying that there is no hell in the bible? of cource there is. it is refered to the place as, "damnation, place of everlasting torment, the abyss, lake of fire, sheol", and a ton of others. we get the word hell from a place the was outside of jerusalem in biblical times where they would burn all the dead bodies and stuff. It was a terrible place and the early church incoprporated the word "hell" to the place where the dead unbelieves go. death is nothing like sleep at all. is is for christians, but not unbelieves.

sorry you think that way. not to sound sarcastic or rude, but you are dead wrong in youtr interpretaion of the bible.

wadrick

DangerousDan85
03-01-2003, 08:45 PM
i'm not sure what i believe in yet

JulieCitySlicker
03-01-2003, 09:54 PM
<b>Christanity makes peole happier. Yes. There's also an expression "ignorance is bliss". Once you pick a religion you stop looking, your seacch fro truth is pretty much over, i.e. limited within your faith. That makes you spiritually dead. Cant trade my spirituality for happines. </b> MAN WHATEVER! Just because you believe in one religion and not in others does not make you spiritually dead! You make absolutely no friggen sense at all!

JulieCitySlicker
03-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
MAN WHATEVER! Just because you believe in one religion and not in others does not make you spiritually dead! You make absolutely no friggen sense at all! EXCUSE ME FOR BELIEVIN IN THE ONLY TRUE GOD!

jango
03-01-2003, 10:48 PM
<b>Christanity makes peole happier. Yes. There's also an expression "ignorance is bliss". Once you pick a religion you stop looking, your seacch fro truth is pretty much over, i.e. limited within your faith. That makes you spiritually dead. Cant trade my spirituality for happines. </b>

I disagree, inherently, two conflicting and opposing ideas only cause trouble. By "limiting" yourself to one "idea," one allows for the perpetuation of knowledge in your chosen religion. Those on the outside are limited by their inability to accept anything but nihilistic points of view.

Bridge of Clay
03-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Wadrick,

I beg to differ! let´s study the Bible together:

-What do we know about the conditions of the dead?
~ Silence: Psalm 94:17, Psalm 118:17, Isaiah 38:18
~ Forgetfulness: Psalm 6:5
~ senselessness: Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 and 10.
~ Sleep: Daniel 12:2a, Job 14:12, Psalm 13:3, John 11:11-14, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15
~ Rest: Daniel 12:13, Revelation 6:11 and 14:13
The Bible states that the dead go down to the place of the dead, or more precisely, to Schéol-Hadés. The word Schéol (Hebrew) is found 65 times in the Old Testament and Hadés (greek) is found 11 times in the New Testament. They mean the same. The Schéol-Hadés is not a synonymous of Paradise nor a hell with everlasting punishments. It means tomb, grave, sepulcher.

- The fact that the deads rest senselessness means that they´ll never come back to life?
~There will be 2 ressurections: one for the fair and the other for the unfair, which Jesus´ ressurection is guarantee of this. Isaiah 26:19, Daniel 12:2, John 6:39-40 and 5:28-29, Luke 14:13-14, Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:4-6, Romans 8:11, I Corinthians 6:14 and 1 Thessalonians 4:14.

- What will get those who take part in the first ressurection?
1 Corinthians 15:53, Luke 20:36, John 5:29, Daniel 12:2

What´s the goal of the second ressurection?
It´s the evil´s ressurection, a simple regress to life, to the physical life before their definite and total destruction. Daniel 12:2

Where does the Bible show that the evil will be gone forever?
Job 20:7, Psalm 9:6-7 and 37:38 and 145:20, Obadiah 16, Malachi 4:1, Revelation 21:8
The Bible doesn´t tell us the dogma of everlasting punishment. Over a hundred times it states without doubt benefit that the evil will be completely destroyed: they´ll die, disappear, consumed, burnt, exterminated.

When will this destruction happen?
By the end of the Millenium: John 5:29 and Revelation 20:5, 7 amd 9.

What will develop an important role on the punishment?
Luke 12:47,48
Pain will vary according to the degree of guiltiness, which will be determined by thoughts, words and acts, considering the responsability of each individual.

Xterminator27
03-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Umm i dont think He askes u why u shoudl go in, He probly just lets u in or not. Cuz He knows whut uve been doen and if u deserve it or not.

Bridge of Clay
03-01-2003, 11:55 PM
>>>

What does prove that Matthew 25:26´s statement doesn´t imply everlasting suffering?
Ezekiel 18:20; 1 John 5:11-12
The greek word Kolasis can´t be translated for suffering, coz it means punishment, with the idea of destruction. The reward of the fair is everlasting life, it´s a reward forever. The evil´s punishment is everlasting suppresion. Their destruction is forever, their suffering is NOT.

In what sense can we say that the fire that consumes the evil is everlasting (Mark 9:47-48, Matthew 25:41 and Revelation 20:10)?
Everlasting fire means the consequence of God´s everlasting fire: it burns causing everlasting effects. Fire doesn´t match with life (Isaiah 33:14). The fire destroys everything around it. It´s a transitory agent, determining temporary acts, opening path to everlasting effects. (see Mark 3:29 and Hebrew 6:2)

What other examples of everlasting fire are in the Bible?
Jude 7, Genesis 19:24-25, Isaiah 13:19, Lamentations 4:6,
2 Peter 2:6.

Lechium
03-02-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by jango
<b>I disagree, inherently, two conflicting and opposing ideas only cause trouble. By "limiting" yourself to one "idea," one allows for the perpetuation of knowledge in your chosen religion. Those on the outside are limited by their inability to accept anything but nihilistic points of view. </b>

Not at all. I accept many points Chritianity makes, but not all. I am anything but nihilitic in my spiritual views, just dont like to accept that one view is "the only correct one" etc.

jango
03-02-2003, 01:58 PM
<b>Not at all. I accept many points Chritianity makes, but not all. I am anything but nihilitic in my spiritual views, just dont like to accept that one view is "the only correct one" etc. </b>

Ah, so it's the lack of ability to commit... I find this disturbing, that one person cannot choose within him/herself what they really believe, so they decide an eclectic "please everyone" philosophy is much better.

Wadrick
03-02-2003, 03:20 PM
xterminatior or whatever u are,

what are u saying? what do u mean? it is like sleep only to the believers. because they will 'wake up' again in the resurection when they meet jesus in the air. 1 thess, 4:16. i don't know or understand where youarecoming from.I have been a christian my wholel life and have never been explained to it that way u have to me. what do you mean.just tell me what youbelieve about the bible, heaven, and hell.

wadrick

jango
03-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Wadrick
xterminatior or whatever u are,
tell me what youbelieve about the bible, heaven, and hell.

wadrick

Oh that's not a broad topic at all, surely it could be covered in a sentence or two... [/sarcasm]

Plus, you're dealing with X... no offense of course. ;)

Lechium
03-02-2003, 05:53 PM
<b>Not at all. I accept many points Chritianity makes, but not all. I am anything but nihilitic in my spiritual views, just dont like to accept that one view is "the only correct one" etc. </b>

I dont try to please anyone. Aside of myself. I try to look for what things are really like in spiritual world/afterlife. Accepting just one view limits me. So I look into what different people think, and try to figure things out.

Figuratively speaking, and I explore the world, and you live in a village and all exploation you do is in few mile radius.

jango
03-02-2003, 06:10 PM
I dont try to please anyone. Aside of myself. I try to look for what things are really like in spiritual world/afterlife. Accepting just one view limits me. So I look into what different people think, and try to figure things out.

Figuratively speaking, and I explore the world, and you live in a village and all exploation you do is in few mile radius.

Not so. By "limiting" your radius, you truly appreciate your surroundings, figuratively speaking. I find it hard to understand how people can pick and choose what parts of each religion they'd like to follow. Lazy really. Kind of like reading a book but deciding you'd like to skip a few chapters because you don't agree entirely. Do you serve a purpose in reading the book? No. If you're going to be religious, fine, be religious but serve a purpose. If you're going to be agnostic, fine, but be 100% agnostic. This halfway junk just wastes your own time.

What you deem things are "really like" is your own interpretation. If this is your religion, so be it. Be into that 110% and don't debate with others that have chosen just as yourself to truly follow one way or another. All you're doing in this instance is causing undue stress to those confident and set in their ways, you however, are not.

I love my religion with every fiber in my bone. I accept it all, though I often question and find answers. You, however, seem to question and leave, expecting religion to assimilate to your own liking, rather than seeking religion for a purpose.

I mean not to offend, as that would seemingly undermine everything a charitable religion would stand for, but in my experience, those who pull from each religion never go anywhere and only bring others down. This goes for the secular world as well, without commitment, you serve no purpose. Period.

Now if you'd like to debate theologically, I'm more than willing to do so. However, if you're going to constantly attempt to force religion to conform to your life, I'm out.

souldancer
03-02-2003, 11:42 PM
I thought I had a headache before I came to this thread...now I really do . No offense, guys...Keep going. Time for some more meds.. Maybe I will ask my niece about the Pilgrims and see what she says...

Weathered
03-03-2003, 04:01 PM
wheres it say that in the bible

Weathered
03-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
and you´re saying it based on what???
&nbsp;

btw, there´s no such thing like Hell in the Bible. Not even afterlife. The Bible says death is just like sleeping, but without being aware of it.

When Christ comes back, then he´ll ressurect the deads and take them to Heaven, along with those who won´t taste death.

i ment....wheres it say that in the bible

Lechium
03-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Hmmm there are dozens if not hundreds of versions of the Bible (kida funny that many people say that Bible is an exact word of God, when it says on the cover "king James version")... some versions say that Mary was not a virgin, some say that Jesus had a sister... Satanic Bible is also "bible" by the way, eventhough it does not mention God, Devil (yes Stanaists do not belive in Devil), Jesus or anyone from the original bible...

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 09:42 PM
<b>Hmmm there are dozens if not hundreds of versions of the Bible (kida funny that many people say that Bible is an exact word of God, when it says on the cover "king James version")... some versions say that Mary was not a virgin, some say that Jesus had a sister... Satanic Bible is also "bible" by the way, eventhough it does not mention God, Devil (yes Stanaists do not belive in Devil), Jesus or anyone from the original bible... </b> Satanic bible:eek: Please:rolleyes: Just because there are many versions of the bible doesn't mean that they didn't hear from God of what to put in it:rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
03-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Weathered
i ment....wheres it say that in the bible

that was to Leechium not you! :)

Weathered
03-07-2003, 10:36 PM
no .......marcos.......i ment what book..chapter.....and verse is that in......where it says that we all go to heaven when God comes back to earth

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 10:42 PM
It states it in Revelations some where;) I really need to get back ta readin more:rolleyes: I can't remember where it says it now:(

Lechium
03-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Satanic bible:eek: &nbsp;Please:rolleyes: &nbsp;Just because there are many versions of the bible doesn't mean that they didn't hear from God of what to put in it:rolleyes:

What's wrong with Satanic Bible? I havent read it (yet, but eventually), but from what I've learned about Satanism it's a pretty cool phylosophy (not sure if it can be concidered to be actual religion).

P.S. here's something interestign for you: 7th Satanistic sin...

Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies. Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

http://www.breakingyou.com/satanismindex.html more info

JulieCitySlicker
03-08-2003, 06:58 PM
What's wrong with Satanic Bible? I havent read it (yet, but eventually), but from what I've learned about Satanism it's a pretty cool phylosophy (not sure if it can be concidered to be actual religion).

P.S. here's something interestign for you: 7th Satanistic sin...

Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies. Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

http://www.breakingyou.com/satanismindex.html more info Whatever man:eek: satanists are some very evil people:eek: :(

Lechium
03-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Whatever man:eek: &nbsp;satanists are some very evil people:eek: :(

Do you know any? Or you just heard that from others and assume it yourself?

some satanistic rules:

When in another’s lair (well home -Lech), show him respect or else do not go there.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Do you know any? Or you just heard that from others and assume it yourself?

some satanistic rules:

When in another’s lair (well home -Lech), show him respect or else do not go there.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food. I'm sorry but I will not compromise that satanists about them being bad and evil people! That is where I stand in my beliefs...you believe what you want.

Lechium
03-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Just answer my question -- do you KNOW any Satanists?
Where does your belief come from? Perosnal expericne or what other peoelp told you? If personal expericne please tell me about it.

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm just going from what I'm told about them. I don't know anyone like that and if I did kno someone that was a satanist I would avoid them like I avoid brussel sprouts:P I stay away from them kinda people:eek: They do very disgusting stuff:eek:

Lechium
03-09-2003, 05:56 PM
You cant go by what you're tola about them. Cuz most people who talk about them dont know second thinga bout them!

Most people think that Satanists are Devil worshippers. However Satanists do not belive in Devil to start with! They are not anti-Christianity because they are not related to Christianity at ALL. Most people see the name and just jump to conclusions. Satanism is a phylosohpy of individualism. They have no god, no heaven or hell, some belive in reincarantion, so belive in no afterlife.

So they sound evil to you now?

Steve
03-09-2003, 06:01 PM
A little late here, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents:

<b>Christanity makes peole happier. Yes. There's also an expression "ignorance is bliss". Once you pick a religion you stop looking, your seacch fro truth is pretty much over, i.e. limited within your faith. That makes you spiritually dead. Cant trade my spirituality for happines. </b>

Maybe this is just me, but when picking a religion, one does so because it's what they believe is truth. It is what they will look towards as guidance. It's something they believe in. Their search for truth may be over because they have found what truth is to them. And how does selecting a religion make you spiritually dead? Are you saying that when someone attends a church service or speaks with a pastor trying to find guidance in their life is spiritually dead? I'd think these people are quite the opposite. Why attend church if you weren't spiritual? Personally, I think your views make no sense at all.

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Anyone who doesn't support God and his teachings is obviously against Him. I really could care less about their beliefs. They don't believe in God and they are not my friends. I have chose the path that I've taken and I chose not to believe in that kinda crap and I stay away from it cuz it will not build me up it will just bring me down. Plus they sacrifice animals and siometimes people to the devil and that is just plain sick:madder: :eye: :ignore:

Steve
03-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Most people think that Satanists are Devil worshippers. However Satanists do not belive in Devil to start with!

Really? So is the dictionary wrong then?

Sa·tan·ism (n.)
1. The worship of Satan characterized by a travesty of the Christian rites.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=satanist

Lechium
03-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Steve
A little late here, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents:

&nbsp;

Maybe this is just me, but when picking a religion, one does so because it's what they believe is truth. It is what they will look towards as guidance. It's something they believe in. Their search for truth may be over because they have found what truth is to them. And how does selecting a religion make you spiritually dead? Are you saying that when someone attends a church service or speaks with a pastor trying to find guidance in their life is spiritually dead? I'd think these people are quite the opposite. Why attend church if you weren't spiritual? Personally, I think your views make no sense at all.

You are spiritually dead if you choose single religion, because you limit yourself to boundries and dogmas of that religion. Yes you can still explore spirituality within these bounds, but you wouldnt see the bigger picture, becuase dogma will limit you. Say you're Christian... do you seriously concider possbility of reincarnation? I mean what if that is what really happens?
When you limit yourself to what you can belive in you are spiritually dead.

Lechium
03-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Anyone who doesn't support God and his teachings is obviously against Him. I really could care less about their beliefs. They don't believe in God and they are not my friends. I have chose the path that I've taken and I chose not to believe in that kinda crap and I stay away from it cuz it will not build me up it will just bring me down. Plus they sacrifice animals and siometimes people to the devil and that is just plain sick:madder: :eye: :ignore:

So in yur opinnion Buddists are also against God, and you do not wanna have anything to do wth them?

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 06:11 PM
You know what! I really don't have to answer to you in what I believe...the only one I have to answer to in this life is God! I am niot here to prove myself to people. I feel really sorry for your soul man!

Lechium
03-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Steve
Really? So is the dictionary wrong then?

Sa·tan·ism (n.)
1. The worship of Satan characterized by a travesty of the Christian rites.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=satanist

Easely. Just shows how ignorant people are.

Here's what satanists themselves have to say about Devil.

The Devil - Another name for Satan, and something we're always accused of worshiping. I might be a horny little devil, but surely I do NOT worship The devil. hehe.

http://www.modernsatanism.com/ <-- click on Satanism button to learn more

Lechium
03-09-2003, 06:12 PM
You know what! I really don't have to answer to you in what I believe...the only one I have to answer to in this life is God! I am niot here to prove myself to people. I feel really sorry for your soul man!

You dont need to prove anthing. Just tell me do you think Buddists are agaist God, and therefore are evil people?

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Ok, now your puttin words into my mouth that I didn't even say:rolleyes: I never said that buddists were bad:rolleyes:

Lechium
03-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Ok, now your puttin words into my mouth that I didn't even say:rolleyes: &nbsp;I never said that buddists were bad:rolleyes:

You had said: Anyone who doesn't support God and his teachings is obviously against Him. I really could care less about their beliefs. They don't believe in God and they are not my friends.

This applies to Buddists as they have no god. So if you belive what you had said there, than according to you Buddists are againt your God and are not your friends.

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 06:36 PM
whatever:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ignore:

jango
03-09-2003, 06:46 PM
You are spiritually dead if you choose single religion, because you limit yourself to boundries and dogmas of that religion. Yes you can still explore spirituality within these bounds, but you wouldnt see the bigger picture, becuase dogma will limit you. Say you're Christian... do you seriously concider possbility of reincarnation? I mean what if that is what really happens?
When you limit yourself to what you can belive in you are spiritually dead.

I find your speech hypocritical. You just don't get it. Some people are entirely content in their one chosen religion.

This week, one store has a movie for 14.99, the other for 17.99, and the third for 19.99. Should I pay for all three so as not limit my influences? or buy one because that's all I need. Ostentatious? Yes. Same situation? Yes.

By choosing to not choose a religion, you have chosen one. If you want to devote your life to one particular sect, you explore just as much as if you were to search many.

Spirituality thrives and survives off of practice, not how many membership cards you have.

Get the point yet? Go ahead and listen to your corporate goth rock that tells you religion is wrong and search for answers, but I've found mine.

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 06:49 PM
I find your speech hypocritical. You just don't get it. Some people are entirely content in their one chosen religion.

This week, one store has a movie for 14.99, the other for 17.99, and the third for 19.99. Should I pay for all three so as not limit my influences? or buy one because that's all I need. Ostentatious? Yes. Same situation? Yes.

By choosing to not choose a religion, you have chosen one. If you want to devote your life to one particular sect, you explore just as much as if you were to search many. &nbsp;

Spirituality thrives and survives off of practice, not how many membership cards you have.

Get the point yet? Go ahead and listen to your corporate goth rock that tells you religion is wrong and search for answers, but I've found mine. Well said Jango:dancing: :party2: :angel:

Steve
03-09-2003, 10:02 PM

By choosing to not choose a religion, you have chosen one. If you want to devote your life to one particular sect, you explore just as much as if you were to search many. &nbsp;

Get the point yet? Go ahead and listen to your corporate goth rock that tells you religion is wrong and search for answers, but I've found mine.

ditto.

Lechium
03-09-2003, 11:11 PM

Bad example. It is the SAME movie in all three stores. If yu buy three you will guy three copies of the same thing. Different religions, unlike different copies of the same movie in three stores, have different views.

Wadrick
03-10-2003, 11:38 AM
dude leech, jango's example (I think that it was Jango) of the movies is pure and compatable w/ this debate. If you think that what he said ws stupid, then what you say is just as stupid to us.

Dude, take a look at you "idol" (not to say that you "worship" him but I say that because yo have him by you username) Maralyn Manson. Ever hear his song, "Antichrist Superstar?" Do you have any idea what that is talking about? Listen to his songs and try to understand what he is trying to say. He is one crazy dude. And another thing: he is going strait to the HELL. Do you know why? Because he is SATANIST. I don't know any satanist personally, but I have several friends who go to school with lots of Satanists. They say that they are very screwed up. I have a teacher that was actively involved with the occult. He realized that that was utterly wrong and utterly devilish and satanic. He is not in it anymore and he is now a christian. with his new life, he helps people and warns them to stay away form Satanism. Satanism IS devil worship.

I am leaving this incomplete because other people want to use the computer.

Dude, you can think what uoi want. you can think that we are screwed up and we can KNOW that you are screwed up. You have a lot of issues that need resolving. the people on this board can only hope and pray that you will make the right choice.

Read the Bible. surf the NET and look for sites controlled by Christians with information on how bad satanism is. you will, I hope, be enlightened.

Wadrick:angel: :angel:

Bridge of Clay
03-10-2003, 01:05 PM
columbine shooter was satanist...

Lechium
03-10-2003, 03:22 PM
columbine shooter was satanist...

And Hitler was a Christian. So what?

Lechium
03-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Wadrick
<b>dude leech, jango's example (I think that it was Jango) of the movies is pure and compatable w/ this debate. If you think that what he said ws stupid, then what you say is just as stupid to us.

Dude, take a look at you "idol" (not to say that you "worship" him but I say that because yo have him by you username) Maralyn Manson. Ever hear his song, "Antichrist Superstar?" Do you have any idea what that is talking about? Listen to his songs and try to understand what he is trying to say. He is one crazy dude. And another thing: he is going strait to the HELL. Do you know why? Because he is SATANIST. I don't know any satanist personally, but I have several friends who go to school with lots of Satanists. They say that they are very screwed up. I have a teacher that was actively involved with the occult. He realized that that was utterly wrong and utterly devilish and satanic. He is not in it anymore and he is now a christian. with his new life, he helps people and warns them to stay away form Satanism. Satanism IS devil worship. &nbsp;

I am leaving this incomplete because other people want to use the computer. &nbsp;

Dude, you can think what uoi want. you can think that we are screwed up and we can KNOW that you are screwed up. You have a lot of issues that need resolving. the people on this board can only hope and pray that you will make the right choice. &nbsp;

Read the Bible. surf the NET and look for sites controlled by Christians with information on how bad satanism is. you will, I hope, be enlightened.

Wadrick:angel: :angel: </b>

1) Manson is not a Satanist. That's a common mistake to think so. He denied that himself many times. Moreover he's not my "idol". He's just someone who's face I use fo my avvie.

2) "Antichrist Superstar" is not to be taken literaly. Moreover it has no mentions of devil in it at all! "Antichrist" is just a metaphore.

3) I know some very scrwed up Christians. Many gansters are christians, you know. They kill people and sell dope, than they go to church and praise Jesus. My point? If there are screwd up people in a certain religion, I doesnt neccessary mean that that is this religions fault.

Bridge of Clay
03-10-2003, 03:35 PM
truly and sincere Christians don´t do that... you can hide behind religion, and pretend you´re Christian.

Satanist kill for a ritual...

Lechium
03-10-2003, 03:36 PM
truly and sincere Christians don´t do that... you can hide behind religion, and pretend you´re Christian. &nbsp;

Satanist kill for a ritual...

Dude. Mordern Satanists DO NOT HAVE RITUALS THAT INVOLVE KILLING. Do little reseach before you do such claims.

JulieCitySlicker
03-10-2003, 04:01 PM
I think you need ta do a little research before you knock down on christians:mad: ;)

JenRN
03-10-2003, 04:49 PM
<b>1) Manson is not a Satanist. That's a common mistake to think so. He denied that himself many times. Moreover he's not my "idol". He's just someone who's face I use fo my avvie.

2) "Antichrist Superstar" is not to be taken literaly. Moreover it has no mentions of devil in it at all! "Antichrist" is just a metaphore.

3) I know some very scrwed up Christians. Many gansters are christians, you know. They kill people and sell dope, than they go to church and praise Jesus. My point? If there are screwd up people in a certain religion, I doesnt neccessary mean that that is this religions fault. </b>
If he is not a satanist then why is he an "ordained minister" in the satanic church, and had private meetings with Anton LeVay?

JulieCitySlicker
03-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Ya really:eek:

Wadrick
03-10-2003, 09:43 PM
dude jenRN's right. read her quote.

dude I said that you don't worship manson. read my qquote again so that you understand.

of course christians do those things. it is because we are human. but that is no excuse. it is wrong if christians do it, satanists do it, if anyone does it. it is still wrong and should not be done. it is sad to see christians act in a way that is not a good testimony. but it is all part of the game.

if you don't listen to us and realize that christianity is the way to go, remember me when you are in hell.

wadrick

JenRN
03-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Lehium..... It is your descision what you do with your life, life is made of decisions and you must deal with the consequenses of those decisions eventually. I just know that what I believe in comforts me in times of despair and grief, if that is how you feel with your beliefs than so be it. But..... don't harp on those who are Christians. Like my above statement about Manson, to me he is a looser and a "lost soul" he is bringing nothing but negativity and despair to people who listen to his music. And yes I am familiar with his lyrics so don't tell me to "read them"! Nothing in this world is infinit so what will happen when the world ends? What will your soul bring you to? When your life flashes before you right before you die, is it going to be positive things you have brought to this world, or is it gonna be lost time wondering "what direction to take"? This may be HEAVY and way out of order BUT...... you are what you make of yourself, if you are unhappy or "lost" YOU have the descision to change, not someone else! And if you are happy (you never seem to be) so be it. But you really need to educate yourself more on Christianity and spirituality (not religion) before you knock other people's beliefs!

JulieCitySlicker
03-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Lehium..... It is your descision what you do with your life, life is made of decisions and you must deal with the consequenses of those decisions eventually. &nbsp;I just know that what I believe in comforts me in times of despair and grief, if that is how you feel with your beliefs than so be it. &nbsp;But..... don't harp on those who are Christians. &nbsp;Like my above statement about Manson, to me he is a looser and a "lost soul" he is bringing nothing but negativity and despair to people who listen to his music. &nbsp;And yes I am familiar with his lyrics so don't tell me to "read them"! &nbsp; Nothing in this world &nbsp;is infinit so what will happen when the world ends? What will your soul bring you to? When your life flashes before you right before you die, is it going to be positive things you have brought to this world, or is it gonna be lost time wondering "what direction to take"? &nbsp;This may be HEAVY and way out of order BUT...... you are what you make of yourself, if you are unhappy or "lost" YOU have the descision to change, not someone else! &nbsp;And if you are happy (you never seem to be) so be it. &nbsp;But you really need to educate yourself more on Christianity and spirituality (not religion) before you knock other people's beliefs! </b> Amen Jen! Very well said:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

JenRN
03-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Amen Jen! Very well said:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Thanks Julie, once in awhile I get on a tangent and I get in depth. Debate is healthy, it makes you think!;)

Lechium
03-10-2003, 10:12 PM
<b>If he is not a satanist then why is he an "ordained minister" in the satanic church, and had private meetings with Anton LeVay? </b>

I never heard about him being "ordained minister". Show me your sources, cuz I saw him denying being satanist.

About Anton LeVay was a smart and interesting person. I wish I had a chance to meet him while he was still alive. I also wish I could meet Jesus, Mohamed and many others. Just because you want to talk with someone doesnt mean you agree with all they are saying.

JenRN
03-10-2003, 10:16 PM
I actually saw him in an interview on VH1 and they showed pictures of him with Anton LeVay during the ceremony!! It came right out of the horses mouth! Plus I read it in Rolling Stone and saw the pics too!

Lechium
03-10-2003, 10:17 PM
<b>Lehium..... It is your descision what you do with your life, life is made of decisions and you must deal with the consequenses of those decisions eventually. &nbsp;I just know that what I believe in comforts me in times of despair and grief, if that is how you feel with your beliefs than so be it. &nbsp;But..... don't harp on those who are Christians. &nbsp;Like my above statement about Manson, to me he is a looser and a "lost soul" he is bringing nothing but negativity and despair to people who listen to his music. &nbsp;And yes I am familiar with his lyrics so don't tell me to "read them"! &nbsp; Nothing in this world &nbsp;is infinit so what will happen when the world ends? What will your soul bring you to? When your life flashes before you right before you die, is it going to be positive things you have brought to this world, or is it gonna be lost time wondering "what direction to take"? &nbsp;This may be HEAVY and way out of order BUT...... you are what you make of yourself, if you are unhappy or "lost" YOU have the descision to change, not someone else! &nbsp;And if you are happy (you never seem to be) so be it. &nbsp;But you really need to educate yourself more on Christianity and spirituality (not religion) before you knock other people's beliefs! </b>

Truth to be told I like Mansons music not lyrics. Im not as bleak of a person as he is. Same goes for NIN. Only reason why I got a bit into Satanism is because my friend was somewhat in it, and I just like exploring new things.

jango
03-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Lechium, I figured "ostentatious" covered it, but apparently I went over your moronic head. Needless to say, you did not rebuke any other point... so I rest my case.

JenRN
03-10-2003, 10:31 PM
<b>Lechium, I figured "ostentatious" covered it, but apparently I went over your moronic head. Needless to say, you did not rebuke any other point... so I rest my case. </b>
LMAO!:clap:

Lechium
03-11-2003, 12:15 AM
<b>Lechium, I figured "ostentatious" covered it, but apparently I went over your moronic head. Needless to say, you did not rebuke any other point... so I rest my case. </b>

You, your closed mind, and your fevered ego tire me, so guess I'll just ignore all three of you.

JenRN
03-11-2003, 08:06 AM
You, your closed mind, and your fevered ego tire me, so guess I'll just ignore all three of you.
I find it funny when you are cornered or questioned you like to ignore people! I thought you were the one who liked debate?:confused: It is not a matter of close mindness, I ceratainly am not that, I just think you need to "broaden your horizons" and see other people's point of view!

JenRN
03-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Truth to be told I like Mansons music not lyrics. Im not as bleak of a person as he is. Same goes for NIN. Only reason why I got a bit into Satanism is because my friend was somewhat in it, and I just like exploring new things.
I take it you are a follower and NOT a leader?

Lechium
03-11-2003, 11:57 PM
<b>I find it funny when you are cornered or questioned you like to ignore people! I thought you were the one who liked debate?:confused: It is not a matter of close mindness, I ceratainly am not that, I just think you need to "broaden your horizons" and see other people's point of view! </b>

I like debating, yes. But when perosn I'm debating with is closeminded and doesnt listen to anyone exept for people who think liek him, than this debats is pointless and I withdraw.

And I see other people's point of view. It is funny, cuz I am the one who says that everything is possible, and people who belive is just one path (Christianity) tell me to broaden my horizons... They are as broad as it gets, you need to be look outside of your religion.

Lechium
03-11-2003, 11:59 PM
I take it you are a follower and NOT a leader?

I am a follower just because I got infuenced by my friend? Well EVERYONE gets infuelcned by someone at some point in their lives, right? I am neither follower or a leader. I just go my path and I dont care if others go the same path. I listen to what other people have to say, and if I'm interested in their opinnions I might correct my way because... well to just go your way and not see alternatives is blind.

jango
03-12-2003, 01:05 AM
I like debating, yes. But when perosn I'm debating with is closeminded and doesnt listen to anyone exept for people who think liek him, than this debats is pointless and I withdraw.

And I see other people's point of view. It is funny, cuz I am the one who says that everything is possible, and people who belive is just one path (Christianity) tell me to broaden my horizons... They are as broad as it gets, you need to be look outside of your religion.

You keep arguing the same point over and OVER and OVER. I bring up new points and you bring up the same point OVER and OVER and OVER again rather than rebut. You need to take some lessons in debate before critiquing.

JenRN
03-12-2003, 09:10 AM

Well If you actually think I am close minded then you are certainly not a good judge! I have friends who are black, white, asian, muslim, and hispanic, gay, straight, fat and skinny so don't tell me I am close minded. What I am is a very strong willed person who stands very strong in my beliefs and am not easily swayed by others. I listen to others and accept their opinion BUT I stick with what I believe in! You can say I am a LEADER and ALWAYS have been since my childhood! I really could care less what religion you are, you choose your own lifestyle, and the consequenses are yours to deal with! Just don't be so negative all the time on here, it really gets old, are you EVER happy? It never seems you are! So, IS YOUR LIFESTYLE AND BEHAVIOR WORKING FOR YOU? Does it make you happy, to everyone on this board it seems not!
So lighten up a little will you!