Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Savoring Life [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Savoring Life

Lady Valkyrie
01-01-2003, 08:38 PM
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. --Jack London

We are on a remarkable journey that holds wonderful possibilities. Sometimes people who have undergone a crisis think they have arrived at the end of the journey. The excitement of living decreases each day.

Surrounding ourselves with loving, caring people gives us the greatest chance of coming out of the depression caused by our problems. Also, treating ourselves gently can improve our outlook. When we show loving care for others and ourselves, we will once again be moving back into the mainstream of life. We will be filled once again with the excitement and joy of the journey that lies ahead.

I owe myself the excitement of each day to come. Today, I will savor my life.

from the book Finding the Joy in Today by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele

souldancer
01-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing that Lady V. :angel:

Altair
01-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah, life really gets cooking when you are able to partake in the grand sharing of love devine. I was once burned seemingly to the point of no return. I'd lost all reason and everything was pointless. Everything.
Many months went by without my mind be able to shake the dreadful thoughts of despair and deep soul pain like fire. What a hell that was! Many years have gone by and I've finally come back. I can't say that surrounding myself with loved ones helped. I did that and they couldn't help, because they couldn't understand. Only one person in existence could understand and solve my mental/spiritual dilemma. Finding that person and believing in that person is the only thing that could have ever saved me.

souldancer
01-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Altair
Finding that person and believing in that person is the only thing that could have ever saved me. Glad you were fortunate to seek and find that person. Now you can be that person to someone else.