++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Will AB Leave Windup Records?

I wanna know what you all think about it. With all this bad weather between Stapp and Mark and Windup saying that Stapp and Evanescence will be their top artists, I think Its best for AB find a new label for the second album.

They not promote too much ODR. Here in Brazil, where Creed was always strong, we never heard OYE in the radio stations. They could did a better work promoting the band. Share your thoughts!

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 06-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
OYE did pretty well in the south and on Brasil 2000FM, here in Sao Paulo.

It's not that simple. The market as a whole shift from rock music to hip-hop and r&b. Sony is busy taking care of the merge with BMG to promote their new bands, either in Brazil or in Europe. Wind-up is not responsible for it.

Besides that... there are legal obligations and the loyalty to Wind-Up the guys have, it's not that easy. And we don't know if the interview was biased or not.

Wind-Up is slow... but we don't know what goes behind the spotlights.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: I think Its best for AB find a new label for the second album.

Amen.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
revisfoot
USER INFO »
You know who would pick them up in a HEARTBEAT?

Roadrunner.

Like a mutha
Old 06-24-2005, 12:31 AM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
You know, most of the bands signed to Wind-Up should leave before their next album. 12 Stones, Alter Bridge, Submersed and other artists like Eric Durrance and maybe even Stapp. I don't feel like any of those guys are getting the promotion they deserve. Seems like Drowning Pool, Seether and Evanescence are getting most of the promotion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) OYE did pretty well in the south and on Brasil 2000FM, here in Sao Paulo.

It's not that simple. The market as a whole shift from rock music to hip-hop and r&b. Sony is busy taking care of the merge with BMG to promote their new bands, either in Brazil or in Europe. Wind-up is not responsible for it.

Besides that... there are legal obligations and the loyalty to Wind-Up the guys have, it's not that easy. And we don't know if the interview was biased or not.

Wind-Up is slow... but we don't know what goes behind the spotlights.

You are a lucky guy, Marcos. Here in Rio they never played OYE...

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 06-24-2005, 04:30 PM   #7
LeftOfTheMurder
USER INFO »
I would agree. Wind up sucks at promoting....look at Broken Wings. I thought for sure I'd atleast see the video on T.V. (at the very least...I thought it'd do very well, in fact). But that didn't even happen, and I heard it on the local Madison radio station, 94.1 JJO, like twice. That's Wind Up's promotion for you
Old 06-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #8
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by LeftOfTheMurder) I would agree. Wind up sucks at promoting....look at Broken Wings. I thought for sure I'd atleast see the video on T.V. (at the very least...I thought it'd do very well, in fact). But that didn't even happen, and I heard it on the local Madison radio station, 94.1 JJO, like twice. That's Wind Up's promotion for you

True, WU is not GREAT at promoting, but BW never did anything because it was a HORRIBLE choice for a single, just like I and many others argued and got jeered at for saying.

OYE did not get HUGE promotion (although it got more than anything else) but it did well because it is a radio freindly song with a catchy little hook at the intro which makes people stop switching channels and listen. That is not the kind of songs AB needs to be putting out though, becasue they will never achieve success with it the way they did with Creed. Their only way to stardom is SUPER stardom by actually breaking barriers the way few bands have done--the only bands that come to mind who did it in the last twenty years are U2 and Nirvana.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:27 PM   #9
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
We can only hope AB leaves Wind-Up.

@UD: Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers too.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:38 PM   #10
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I wouldn't say either of those bands, actually. The Chili Peppers just don't seemed to quite have reached that level of fame--maybe they did, I don't know, I was never a big fan. But I was also never a big fan of Nirvana and you can't ESCAPE their influence.

Pearl Jam easily could have becoem one of those bands but they shunned the mainstream and kind of got lost. They certainly never achieved U2 status... Then again, very few bands have...
Old 06-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #11
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Come on, when it's time for AB to release their second album AB will be WU's top priority! Nothing to worry about!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #12
zin
USER INFO »
Evanescence will get promotion because it's easy money. I love Seether, but they will get promo because of Shaun's relationship with Amy. Stapp getting promo is just crazy cause he's shit on radio. He's a great writer, I give him that. But if you treat radio, the people who can make or break a band, like shit, you're not going to go very far no matter how well you write.

Wind-Up has forgotten that Mark, Flip, and Brian helped make them what they are today, and if I were them, I'd find another label to buy out their contract
Old 06-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #13
titan9
USER INFO »
Actually, I'm thinking Stapp's music is gonna be really radio friendly and thus, he'll be extremely successful on radio, if he ever releases the CD. Creed was immensely popular on Pop radio and Stapp has said his solo stuff will be similar to Creed, so I see no reason for him to not be successful on Pop radio.

I agree about Alter Bridge. If WU won't give them promotion, they should find a new label. Same goes for any other artists signed to WU who are not getting the promotion they deserve.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #14
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Actually, I'm thinking Stapp's music is gonna be really radio friendly and thus, he'll be extremely successful on radio, if he ever releases the CD. Creed was immensely popular on Pop radio and Stapp has said his solo stuff will be similar to Creed, so I see no reason for him to not be successful on Pop radio.

I agree about Alter Bridge. If WU won't give them promotion, they should find a new label. Same goes for any other artists signed to WU who are not getting the promotion they deserve.

I agree with jsut about everything you say but I would also add that Wind-Up has NO sense of loyalty at all. I understand it is "strictly business" and all that, but Mark Brian and Flip, along with Stapp, MADE them what they are today. The least they could do is give the %75 of that band--as well as the important part, Tremonti--some promotion.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #15
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Yeah! I agree that WU haven't given AB that much of promo, but as I remembers it didn't Mark say that he didn't want that much of promo? He wanted to do this the way they did with Creed, from the bottom (Just hard when you have fans all over the world wanting them to come there ;D ) So WU might just be a VERY good lable to AB which lets them take it slow on THEIR cost...
uncertaindrumer! Yes! BW was a very lowsy chosie of a singel, it's not catchy but it's a good song, and the video speaks for it self, so it it was a bad choise for AB to pick it I dissagree, it was the best choise, they took a step from Creed whith it (OYE sounds alot like a creed song would), so don't go pecking on AB for that