++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2004, 10:36 PM   #91
VoveoVoviVotum
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I haven't read this whole thing; I read the last page of messages. But I can see where it is going.

Now, think about this, please, and be open-minded:

"God is Love. You cannot know God if you do not know Love." I know it says that somewhere. Now consider, while homosexuality may be a human mentality, it's... how someone is, isn't it? It's not anything recent; homosexuality has been practiced since the ancient Greeks. But only now is it recognized as a status of being. So, put yourself in their shoes: if you're a homosexual, and you must know Love to know God, and you cannot know Love unless it is homosexual Love, then what do you do? If God is love, then why would he damn them for that?

The Bible was written by human beings, whether you believe in it or not. If you accept that God exists, but look past all that humans have made of Him, think about it; He created us, the Earth, the Universe that holds it, and He would love his creations like Parents love their children. Comitting a true act of inhumanity against our race is Hellworthy, but loving another person... how can that be the same?

I can see where some of you might think of the homosexual lifestyle as one revolving entirely around sodomy, but that just isn't true. If you say that homosexuality is a sin because it seems a desperation of lust and nothing more (no reproduction of life), then isn't that the same for any fruitless sex? But the entire world does that, apparently there's nothing wrong with it. The truth is, we were cleaved in flesh to enjoy it--where is the sense in denying it? A just God would have known that before he ever created Adam.

We cannot rise against each other. Anyone who hates is going against what Jesus spoke. You may feel it to be wrong, and that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but accepting differences is what forges Salvation; how can one know good without recognizing evil? How can one salvage their pleasure without differing it from pain? How can one know individuality without seeing their fellow beings for who they truly are, and accepting them?

I would enjoy quoting Scott to conclude this...

"Just give love to all."
Old 01-10-2004, 11:59 PM   #92
creedsister
USER INFO »
that was a great Message Sincirr And i dont Mind at all Reading Long Posts About My God And his Children keep Doing So If you feel Lead too I know I do hehe A big GOD BLESS YA
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-11-2004, 12:32 AM   #93
creedsister
USER INFO »
Sincirr i think i just replyed to your post Underneath Somebody Elses post i promise Things like this only happrns to me``Well said to you and the other dude vooovoroov or whatever hes or hers name is```geesh
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-11-2004, 02:16 AM   #94
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) I have never before posted on this thread, quite frankly because I find some of your posts exremely judgemental.
ain't nothing wrong w/ that... it's called having an opinion, or being set in your beliefs... you call it close-minded or judgemental, i call it knowing exactly what i do and don't believe in

Old 01-11-2004, 08:16 PM   #95
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by VoveoVoviVotum) I haven't read this whole thing; I read the last page of messages. But I can see where it is going.

Now, think about this, please, and be open-minded:

"God is Love. You cannot know God if you do not know Love." I know it says that somewhere. Now consider, while homosexuality may be a human mentality, it's... how someone is, isn't it? It's not anything recent; homosexuality has been practiced since the ancient Greeks. But only now is it recognized as a status of being. So, put yourself in their shoes: if you're a homosexual, and you must know Love to know God, and you cannot know Love unless it is homosexual Love, then what do you do? If God is love, then why would he damn them for that?

The Bible was written by human beings, whether you believe in it or not. If you accept that God exists, but look past all that humans have made of Him, think about it; He created us, the Earth, the Universe that holds it, and He would love his creations like Parents love their children. Comitting a true act of inhumanity against our race is Hellworthy, but loving another person... how can that be the same?

I can see where some of you might think of the homosexual lifestyle as one revolving entirely around sodomy, but that just isn't true. If you say that homosexuality is a sin because it seems a desperation of lust and nothing more (no reproduction of life), then isn't that the same for any fruitless sex? But the entire world does that, apparently there's nothing wrong with it. The truth is, we were cleaved in flesh to enjoy it--where is the sense in denying it? A just God would have known that before he ever created Adam.

We cannot rise against each other. Anyone who hates is going against what Jesus spoke. You may feel it to be wrong, and that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but accepting differences is what forges Salvation; how can one know good without recognizing evil? How can one salvage their pleasure without differing it from pain? How can one know individuality without seeing their fellow beings for who they truly are, and accepting them?

I would enjoy quoting Scott to conclude this...

"Just give love to all."

first of all Homosexuality was practised well before the Greeks hence the term
Sodomy as in Sodom and Gommrah less then 1000 years after Adam and Eve. Secondly you say that there is all this fruitless sex and everyone is doing so isn't homosexuality okay as well? The answer is no both are not right at all. That is now the bible describes God's intended design of us and our sexual pleasures. Also seek the figures, statisics for violence in lesbian relationships is staggering when compared to hetrosexual relationships and the health consequences for gays is well documented.

I hope I do not appear judgemental although I probably am. God does love all and we are not to judge but people should be made aware of the scriptures say not bowing down to whatever society of the day saids and compromsing according to those values.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:13 AM   #96
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by VoveoVoviVotum) if you're a homosexual, and you must know Love to know God, and you cannot know Love unless it is homosexual Love, then what do you do? If God is love, then why would he damn them for that?
It doesnt matter whether U R homosexual or Heterosexual. The love of a partner is NOWHERE NEAR the love that comes from God, if anything, it demonstrates how much more perfect God's love is. It is a step toward God's love.

If I have a gay friend come to me with a problem with their boyfriend, especially if they are not a Christian or struggling with the whole God thing, and say to me, "I love him....etc...", I'm not gonna sit there and tell them about what the bible says about their practices sending them straight to hell; (even though it says it right there).

As with one of my sexually active non-Christian friends, I'm gonna listen to them and perhaps give them advice, pray for them, with them if they let me, and hope that through our contact, God reveals his perfect love 4 them. Always look deeper than the obvious sin U are confronted with and discern the real need. Also respect God's timing. He was patient with all of us, wasnt He?

Also, heterosexual or whateversexual, theres domestic violence and std's.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 06:43 PM   #97
creedsister
USER INFO »
I loved your post sincirr Patiens is something that we all cant get enough of in our walk with God No matter what were called todo``patiens yep but God is on time God Amen And Amen He always knows what hes doing were just vessels wating on him to guide us And Prayer is the best thing you can do for anybody Sometimes we pray for people and it seems gods not Hearing us And we pray and see others rise and fall but you know what Sometimes we feel like we have not done Nothing But gods always in controll He deals with everybody in his own way And on his time Sometimes We Got set back And let God do the rest Like this from pslams~~BE STILL AND KNOW THAT IAM GOD And he is the aurther and finsher of our faith~~Peace be whicha Now
Old 01-12-2004, 09:54 PM   #98
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Sincirr ,
You have good points there
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-19-2004, 12:44 AM   #99
souldancer
USER INFO »
No words to quell the tiredness that comes from hearing others judgements and self-opinions. Thank you sincarr for your openess and broad mindedness...let us not forget that non human animals practice a variety of sexual practices....not that we should mind theirs...but that,
we should friggin mind our OWN and stop minding others'!!
Sorry, I just get really pissed at people who think that THEIR way is THE way...OK..cooling off...taking a shower with Scott now..
Old 01-19-2004, 01:32 AM   #100
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by souldancer) Sorry, I just get really pissed at people who think that THEIR way is THE way...OK..cooling off...taking a shower with Scott now..
LOL
I will be glad when this thread is done, lets talk of other things, con-sarnit!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-19-2004, 04:09 AM   #101
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JesusOfNazareth) I think my father made it perfectly clear that homosexuals (heathens) will burn in hell for all eternity.
Mark 13:6

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #102
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) LOL
I will be glad when this thread is done, lets talk of other things, con-sarnit!
Ha, ha...yes! What about talking about LOVE ?!

Love all Creation.The whole and every grain of sand in it.
Love every leaf and every ray of light.
Love the plants. Love the animals. Love everything.
If you love everything you will perceive the Divine Mystery in all things.
Once you perceive it
you will comprehend it better every day.
And you will come, at last, to love the whole world
with an all embracing love.
-- Dostoyevsky, Brothers Karamazov
Old 01-26-2004, 04:15 PM   #103
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Souldancer....you ROCK girl!!!!!

I just love it when people throw their Christianity in other people's faces..and then have the nerve to say they aren't judgemental. They're
just "right". The bible is open to interpretation. Why do you think there have been soooooooooo many wars fought over it? Because everyone interpret's it differently. Whose to say which view is right and which is wrong?
Hey, I'm a liberal. I admit it. Do I think you are wrong in your conservative views? Yes, but I still think you have the right to voice your views. That does not however, give you the right to "damn" others to hell, vilify them, and say that they are less valuable to the human race than you. Who are
you to decide if they are right or wrong...good or bad... sinful or not? Again....the bible was written by MAN!!! Very little in it is specific. For every verse you mention leaning one way, I can find one going the other way. It was meant to be a guideline....not to start wars and cast judgements..
All over it's pages are the words..."Ye shall not judge...."
Oh..and history is full of examples of human error in interpretations....
Salem Witch Trials....
Persecution of Left-handed People (the devil's tool)....
Mental illness being the hand of the devil
just to mention a few of the better known ones...
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #104
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right on, souldancer and njcreedite. I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:35 PM   #105
bgivens33
USER INFO »
It's not in the "Top Ten" list.... so... I'm thinking in another 25 years or so it will be thought of as divorce is now.