++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-06-2004, 08:11 PM   #76
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
hmmmm well most homosexuals were NOT abused...some were..but there are plenty of heterosexuals who were abused too.

I'll let this matter drop because I know it will just frustrate me to death.
I believe in God, but I also believe in science. Science tells me it's a simple matter of brain function. I believe this. I also truely believe that God doesn't care (man does, God doesn't...just my opinion) what our sexual orientation is. He does care how we treat each other and our planet. I doubt he cares what if any religion we are, after all religions are an invention of man's. I'm sure most of you on this thread will disagree with me on all of the above.
I know I can't change your opinions..just as you won't be able to change mine. It's nice that we live in a place that we can share them...as different as they are.
love to all.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #77
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) i agree that homosexuality is wrong... but i think that the can still be saved... you are not lost just because you're Gay.. jesus still loves all
My lord came to save that which was LOST~~give love to the saints as well as sinners saved or lost were all sinners in gods eyes its more easy for us to judge others than it is for us to show love and sometimes we focus on sin more than love~~God judges us by our hearts not by Flesh does he does not judge~~ and im not saying that being Gay is right it was a abomanation in the old testimeant~~he gave us example and told us it was wrong but he knew before we did that man kind would fall~~the final price was paid~`and did my lord say that there is no sin to big or to small its all the same through his eyes~~if some of you out there can disearn the old testimeant and new testimeant my words would be clear~~some take the price father paid not strong enough~`at times~~not knowing who he really was and what he died for~~he forgave us all because we really know what we do~~~ALL THOU THE NAMES CHANGE INSIDE WERE ALL THE SAME~~IN HIM IS LIGHT THERE IS NO DARKNESS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-07-2004, 05:27 AM   #78
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
God knows the heart. Alot of the times we don't. As I said, Doug Pinnick from Kings X went through so much agony before God trying to fight it. I don't know where he is with God at this stage, but when someone is truly trying to stay with God even when they are struggling, they may very well inherit the Kingdom of God, shock horror! We are saved by grace, not works, Eph 2:9.

Drunkenness is a sin that Galatians notes. Do U think that if someone whose trying with God, goes out and gets drunk and dies that night that they go to hell?

Of course I dont think that we should just go about sinning cos we are saved by grace, heck no, and I respect Hide's stand on the practice of sin. I also am so greatful for Romans in the bible for those times where I have felt so imprisoned by my behaviour that I felt there was no way out. Thank God for Jesus, and those that have ministered to me of His grace. Hope I wasnt preachin too much here.

Check Romans out, especially 7:7-25.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 01:48 PM   #79
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) God knows the heart. Alot of the times we don't. As I said, Doug Pinnick from Kings X went through so much agony before God trying to fight it. I don't know where he is with God at this stage, but when someone is truly trying to stay with God even when they are struggling, they may very well inherit the Kingdom of God, shock horror! We are saved by grace, not works, Eph 2:9.

Drunkenness is a sin that Galatians notes. Do U think that if someone whose trying with God, goes out and gets drunk and dies that night that they go to hell?

Of course I dont think that we should just go about sinning cos we are saved by grace, heck no, and I respect Hide's stand on the practice of sin. I also am so greatful for Romans in the bible for those times where I have felt so imprisoned by my behaviour that I felt there was no way out. Thank God for Jesus, and those that have ministered to me of His grace. Hope I wasnt preachin too much here.

Check Romans out, especially 7:7-25.
Know i dont think if somebody who was strugling with God ang goes out and gets drunk and dies Goes to hell And the word tell us a drunkard will not enter the kingdom~~but we can not let our sins overcome our spirt it happens to many and they fall short of gods blessings because of their sins if we keep our minds upon our sins and feel unworthy of God chances are we will perish in sin if keep our mind and heart upon the lord he will lead us and guide us{take this for love hides a multiude of sins~~we ore judged by our hearts ~~if a sinner is strugling to whats right and fails he is better than perfect~~A righeteous man may fall and stumble but the hand of god is always with him}}thats in pslams some were~~we know whats right and we know the way but sometimes we fall And he said i will be with you always even to the end of the world
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #80
hide
USER INFO »
i respect everyone's opinions but that is exactly and only what they are! we can discuss this until the day we die but we will never come to the same conclusion. the bible is clear homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord and I can say with 100% certainty that someone who practices, continues to do and does not repent will not go to heaven. It is as simple as that, yes we are saved by grace but also read James. If you don't have works how can we be sure of your faith? Are you like one who sees his reflection and forgets it straight away?

I know this view is not PC yet alone popular but this is simply the way it is. God is a love of love but he is also a holy God whose wrath will certainly come.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:23 AM   #81
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hide i see a lot that you say is about Gods wrath And thats so true but neverthless i have seen a lot of wrong judging in my life by christan socitey and yes if you dont except christ in your life your sins is not forgiving but i really do get your point but you can reach people by love more than brimstone my friend you love the sinner but hate the sin show a light of love to all because that what he died for im not saying that its ok to sin by know means but if we dont show love to the sinner regardless of there sin they can not know the love of my God and then gods love can shine through us and his spirt can move on others and clean theme up~~Lets Show the light of jesus through love that our job then we have done our part let him be the judge Let me say something my friend Every sinner outhere knows theres a hell and im sure that get told by a lot of folks that is were there going if they dont turn to God he cant move without love some have harden there hearts today And they need the brimstone B/C they have know love in theme i see it everyday Gods children Getting Scorend to death And im really sick of it }}you know what im going to shut up now~~JESUS IS LOVE
Old 01-08-2004, 12:26 AM   #82
hide
USER INFO »
creedsister please paragraphs!LOL sure God is love and that should not be forgetten but you can't overemphaise his love and say that it doesn't matter what you do in life as long as you believe or a "good person" you will be okay. You are not doing anyone a service by telling people such things!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:42 AM   #83
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) creedsister please paragraphs!LOL sure God is love and that should not be forgetten but you can't overemphaise his love and say that it doesn't matter what you do in life as long as you believe or a "good person" you will be okay. You are not doing anyone a service by telling people such things!
THANKS FOR THE REMINDER
Old 01-08-2004, 08:49 AM   #84
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
OK Hide: If someone has been struggling with Homosexuality, and has been able to turn from it for a long while, and meets someone and gets seducted, then dies that night, will they go to hell?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #85
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) OK Hide: If someone has been struggling with Homosexuality, and has been able to turn from it for a long while, and meets someone and gets seducted, then dies that night, will they go to hell?

I am obviously God so its not up to me to decide, I am not the judge but I believe its Galatains which describes God giving us over to our desires and homosexuality is placed in the same league as murder! If you are indeed born again the scriptures tell us that you can have power over sin. I am not saying that you won't have struggles, man I do ALL the time.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:07 PM   #86
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) I am obviously God so its not up to me to decide, I am not the judge but I believe its Galatains which describes God giving us over to our desires and homosexuality is placed in the same league as murder! If you are indeed born again the scriptures tell us that you can have power over sin. I am not saying that you won't have struggles, man I do ALL the time.
Well Said
Old 01-09-2004, 01:15 AM   #87
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Cool, cos it sounded like 4 a minute that there was no excuses. I respect you not compromising with the word of God. Many are scared to do that cos of how others will see them.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-09-2004, 02:29 AM   #88
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Cool, cos it sounded like 4 a minute that there was no excuses. I respect you not compromising with the word of God. Many are scared to do that cos of how others will see them.
His Word is not the aurther of confusion
Old 01-09-2004, 12:51 PM   #89
whitebird
USER INFO »
I have never before posted on this thread, quite frankly because I find some of your posts exremely judgemental.

I have people in my own life that are gay. I love them, respect them and wonder how they can live their lives subjected to so much prejudice. I stand up for them, and when people hurt them with their words, they also hurt and judge me.

I will not fight with you, but please know where I stand on this subject.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:22 AM   #90
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Thanks Whitebird. You see a human being when U see these people. Bless your heart.

2 everyone else:

I dunno, I'm a little confused at the whole sin ranking. Is one sin bigger than another? I dont like the idea of looking at homosexuality OR murder as worse sins than others, cos then we judge harsher the people that do them, when our sin is just as bad in God's eyes, isnt it??? Get the planks out, U know? No offence ok.

I just want people to know Jesus and fall in love with Him. I dont wanna look at what they do! His love for them works out all the rest. One of my friends is such a struggler. Shes on drugs and struggling to get off, she has gone back to them time and time again, and had many relationships with really bad men, 2 of her children were taken off her because of her drug issues, she is trying to get off drugs, but is also struggling with her other 2 children running away from home and abusing her. This leads her to want to escape. Then she hates herself and feels unworthy to even speak to God.

I know that she keeps screwing up, but when I look into her eyes and see the lifetime of grief she is carrying, it just breaks my heart.

She was slipping, but today we talked about the grace of God and her attitude changed. She so wanted to have herself and her family healed. We both agreed that the main thing that brings us to the point of turning form our sin's is being confronted with the love of Jesus.

Satan can make U loathe yourself. God doesnt want that for my friend. He loves her, and no matter what I think, cos I have gotten so mad at her behaviour, He still draws her back to Him. I cant understand that! But she has helped me understand the grace of God more than anyone has. I know she's gonna make it.

What about Hosea? He knew the sinful practices that discusted God, his own WIFE kept doing them! She was a prostitute and God would tell him to go and get her back! Why? Cos He wanted to show the world His GRACE!

Of course, work out your salvation with fear and trembling, cos HE IS THE ALMIGHTY! Don't keep sinnin in total ireverence to God and expect to walk into the Kingdom with a bold, "Hey, but I have a baptism certificate right here!!!!" Check out 1 John 3. Scary stuff 4 us all!

PLEASE, Romans 7: 14-a resounding 25; And for those who are surrounded by these people: 1 Peter 2:12

Thanks for reading this essay...one more thought...

R U a sinner who struggles with God?
or a Believer who struggles with sin?
There is a big difference.

Sorry 4 the legnth.

ROCK HARD!!!