++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 11-03-2006, 03:51 AM   #16
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Any baseball fans on here?

Congrats to the Cards they earned it and they did a good job.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

It's that time of year again! Who's psyched for baseball? Bring it on, I say
Old 03-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #18
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr

hehehheheheeeeee....

LETS GO YANKEES!!!

Heheheheeheeeee.....well I sorta actually like the Cubs

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

LMAO...NO, just NO . I'm a Red Sox fan...and I know it's only spring training games but the Sox beat the Evil Empire last night, muwhahahhahaha.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #20
RMadd
USER INFO »

Go Cards!!!!!!

I'm psyched for the baseball season like never before. Maybe it's because we just won the World Series, maybe because the nfl, nhl, & nba have proved relatively dry for the teams i typically support.... maybe because i'm eager for my Redbirds to prove the doubters wrong. and Cubbies, too. i love how a team that won, what, 66 games last year is being picked by many to finally eclipse the Cards & 'stros this year, even leapfrogging the Brewers & Reds (and Pirates, for that matter lol). while Soriano might be a nice addition, he was wayyyyyyy too costly. especially when he gets hurt in mid-to-late may thru june. perhaps then, and only then, will Cubs fans realize that Ted Lilly and Jason "Fucking Worthless" Marquis are not the answers to their prayers.
as far as the Cardinals rotation is concerned, i'm not too worried yet. Carp, as everyone knows, is pretty amazing. letting marquis walk is one of those instances of "addition by subtraction." sure, the guy had at least 12 or 15 wins the past two years each, but he had some incredible run support, especially last year, when his era was simply atrocious. kip wells might be an underrated signee, b/c dave duncan has proven he can work miracles with mediocre veteran talent (speaking of which, i wonder how jeff weaver & suppan are going to do this year without his expert tutelege). alot depends, therefore, on how wainwright, reyes, and looper do at least until mulder returns around june. all were solid last postseason, and in spring training, so i'm not panicking just yet.
and while our outfield is getting kind of old (edmonds & encarnacion starting the season on DL, still recovering from offseason surgeries), Chris Duncan & Preston Wilson & So Taguchi should fill in well enough for now. the infield, of course, is no problem. Pujols & Rolen are among the best at their positions. Ecksten plays his ass off, and Kennedy's always been a solid player. Yadi (Molina) is lights out behind the plate, too. the kid's got a laser arm and, while he's no enos slaughter on the basepaths, he's pretty awesome nonetheless. plus, he hit that HR against the pond scum Mets in Game 7 last year (which, for me, may have been about the most exciting baseball game I have ever seen... ever). repeating as World Series champs, of course, is nearly impossible, but more than anything i'm just excited baseball's back for the next 6 months, and then some.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I love how you did all that in red . The Sox have some pitching problems. I'm worried about this whole Papelbon mess. A tired arm at 24??? Ugh. That does not bode well. And who knows which Schilling will show up. He didn't exactly light the world on fire, especially in the second half. It's a long season, and I don't know how much gas he has left in the tank. And Matsuzaki? The jury's still out.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #22
RMadd
USER INFO »

I hope J.D. Drew does exactly for Boston what he did for St. Louis, Atlanta, and L.A.: a whole lotta nuthin. I imagine if he gets hurt as often as he did in these places (and for the similar lame excuses), he won't last long in Boston. BoSox fans will eat him alive.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I'm still pissed we got him. He's so on the downside of his career. He never really reached his supposed potential. Too many injuries. Grrrrrr.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #24
RMadd
USER INFO »

he would've been awesome w/ the Cards if he'd have ever been able to play an entire season. the average was typically there, and he could hit for power, and had above-average speed, as i recall. unfortunately, he just never panned out.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Heh, so yesterday, I got free tickets to the On Deck game between the Sox and the Phillies. Effin' J.D. Drew got picked off SECOND!! Helloooooooo, McFly??!?!?!? He still gets loudly booed in Philly for not wanting to play here, lol...He did make up for the base gaffe with a single his next time up. He actually got two hits. Dice K is going to give me fits. He's going to be like Nuke Lalouche from Bull Durham. He's all over the place (lots of walks), but man, he's got some nasty pitches and he mixes it up pretty well. He'll be one of those pitchers you watch and lose all your fingernails . I'm glad I got to see them because they aren't coming to Philly this year for interleague play.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #26
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »

I'm Down With RMadd Go Cards!!!

(PS... RMadd I'm diggin Future Of Forestry too man!! I'm seeing them in Florida in June!!!! I'm excited!)

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

LOL, the Phillies are tanking as usual. I don't know what they were thinking when Jimmy Rollins said they were the team to beat in the NL East. NOT. They have NO bullpen and they still need somebody good to hit behind Howard, who is playing so tight. They all need to relax. Their fundamentals are awful. Just awful. Tickets should once again be easy to come by.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

The Red Sox had a most awesome weekend against the Evil Empire, muwahahaha. They came back against Mariano Rivera, getting FIVE runs off him. The other day, they got FOUR homers in a row. It was awesome! And we swept the Yankees. Now, I just hope we don't get swept next weekend . I love it when the Sox beat the Yanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Well, the SAWX did not get swept. We took 2 out of 3, hell yeah! What does everyone think about the Yanks getting Clemens back? I think it's desperation and it's lame. He's only going to pitch half the season and he doesn't go past five innings much anymore. He won't even be ready for at least a month. They need help now, not that I want them getting better .
Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

K, so I'm talking to myself, but w/e. The Sox were losing 5-0 in the ninth and got SIX runs to win it, lol. Some timely errors by the O's helped them quite a bit . And the Stinkees lost, muwhahaha.