++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 02-03-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
are these bands pretensious?

okay this is a bit of a loaded question i will admit but all of these bands do have their fair share of critics, even though many critics label as fantastic bands. some may say stuff the critcs...well either way i won't give my opinion (just yet) but what do you think?

radiohead- yes i had to include them because they are the first on such a list. some people wish they just kept making songs like "creep" whilst others think they are the greatest band on earth and that kid a and amnesiac are masterpieces.

tool-some people love maynard's intellectual lyrics, the weird time signatures and the like. others think lateralus is a piece of unlistenable garbage and maynard is just a typical rock singer who owns a thesarus.

silverchair-started out as a nirvana wannabe band (well they were teenagers at the time) but progressed (or regressed) into something a little more like radiohead, although sounding completely different. it all started when lead singer daniel johns got david helfgott (the inspiration for the movie "shine") to play on "neon ballroom" and it only went further on "diorama".

?????
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie