++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #16
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Creed's music was NOT depressing...it WAS/IS about life and hope...achieving dreams, seeing possibilities...positivity...Creed's sound was BALANCED.

one of the reasons i DIDN'T connect with AB is the negativity i got from their lyrics, which i DID find depressing...the choppiness in flow...a voice, tho talented, that did not appeal to me...and attempting to fit the lyrics to the music...instead of letting the lyrics speak with the music...Alter Bridge's sound is UNBALANCED...and that does not appeal to me.

As for playing the spirituality card...man...LISTEN to the lyrics...READ them...and then come back and tell us that AB didn't BORROW from their Creed roots...spirituality was not only part of stapps upbringing..but i'm sure that Mark, Brian, Flip and Myles have a little of it in them as well...of one kind or another.

Well said, Ann!!!

I was going to post similar comments. I didn't find Creed's music depressing at all. The songs were about life to me, the and the bad but there was always a message of faith (and I'm not specically talking of spirituality or religion) , strength, empowerment, fight and a feeling of perseverence!!!

Like Ann, I hear a lot of negativity in AB's lyrics. Just my For everyone who enjoys AB's music, I think that's great. Everyone has their own tastes in music and lyrics.

Relearn Love
Old 10-02-2004, 10:09 PM   #17
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sheila63) Well said, Ann!!!

I was going to post similar comments. I didn't find Creed's music depressing at all. The songs were about life to me, the and the bad but there was always a message of faith (and I'm not specically talking of spirituality or religion) , strength, empowerment, fight and a feeling of perseverence!!!

Like Ann, I hear a lot of negativity in AB's lyrics. Just my For everyone who enjoys AB's music, I think that's great. Everyone has their own tastes in music and lyrics.

What is the negativity you speak of?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:14 AM   #18
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Hmmm I respect that, but there is just something there....The magic is there for me.

I tried.....but I ain't feelin no magic.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:30 AM   #19
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I tried.....but I ain't feelin no magic.
Oh, hahahaha, how green and happy we all seem!! *NOT*

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #20
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) What is the negativity you speak of?

I saw your question earlier this morning and I went back and listened to the cd while doing nothing else, and I admit, I saw some of the lyrics with new eyes and ears this morning. So I take back my comment about the negativity.

Relearn Love
Old 10-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Oh, cool... Thanks!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 PM   #22
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
I've been waiting to post in this thread because I've been trying to think of a way to share how I can relate to AB's music without it being a comparison to Creed. However, with 3/4 of AB being ex-members of Creed, I don't know of a way around the comparison...at least not at this point. I disagree with those who have said the difference between Creed and AB, is that Creed was about spirituality and AB is about life. I think that BOTH Creed and AB's songs are about spirituality AND life. The difference as I see it is this...

Lyrically, Scott primarily writes from a place of expressing his Faith on a very foundational level. The existence of God, and as believed within his Faith, the pivotal point of the Cross - Jesus. What I hear in the bulk of Scott's lyrics is a pattern. This pattern consist of personal crisis (LIFE), which leads to an evaluation of what one believes, which then leads to an affirmation of one's SPIRITUALITY.

With Mark/Myles I believe that lyrically it is an expression of spiritual maturity. The subtle merging of what one believes (SPIRITUALLY) and how it shapes and defines the choices a person makes. LIFE through the eyes of a person of Faith.

Personally, I do not equate an expression of foundational beliefs as having "depth" and an expression of spiritual maturity as being "generic". Day to day, I can relate more to AB, but there are times in life when I really do feel the need to listen to something that re-evaluates and affirms my beliefs on a more foundational level...during those times, I just may listen to an old Creed CD, even if those times are far and few between. In other words, I can relate to AB AND Creed, but in different ways.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 10-04-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:35 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, Disillusioned, and welcome to the board. I still think Scott might be a better writer than Mark, words-wise, but Myles is pretty decent, so I'm looking forward to what will come out of his pairing with Mark.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:38 PM   #24
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well said, Disillusioned, and welcome to the board. I still think Scott might be a better writer than Mark, words-wise, but Myles is pretty decent, so I'm looking forward to what will come out of his pairing with Mark.
Thanks for the welcome and I also look foward to hearing more of what Myles will bring to the writing process.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 10-04-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I like your avatar, too!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:29 AM   #26
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) Thanks for the welcome and I also look foward to hearing more of what Myles will bring to the writing process.
Man, so far you have nothing but rocked!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor