++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My Own prison is the best

it's got to be there best cd imo. everytime i listen to it i cry, it has effected my life that much. i relate to it so well. whats your fav creed cd?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Re: My Own prison is the best

My Own Prison is the best. I thought Human Clay was right up there, too. But, MOP was SO angry, so much of what that era needed at the time...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

agreed....the new music that comes out now just sucks...emo bands and shit rap stars. god. they could all learn a thing or two from creed.
but notice how creeds writing style changed later on and when they split, look at stapp and alter bridge. over the course of time, stapp seems to write much happier songs now. makes sense since MOP was written closer to when he was a teen and you tend to be more melodramatic at that age. and alter bridge... well i dont listen to them lol. i guess writing happier songs has something to do with maturing?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

double post....eh, creed rocks
Old 02-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

MOP is awesome, but for some reason, I've always thought that Weathered is their best album, and Human Clay is their weakest. They're all good albums, but Weathered just strikes me as them at their creative peak, with their greatest diversity of songs. MOP is great because of its rawness. Human Clay is good, but it has some weak songs that drag it down, and some of them just sound the same from song to song.

I think one reason why MOP was darker was not just because Stapp was younger, but because he was broke. If I remember correctly, those guys had hardly any money when they were first signed.

And nagpo, if you're looking for some cool, meaningful music, I could recommend some stuff.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) agreed....the new music that comes out now just sucks...emo bands and shit rap stars. god. they could all learn a thing or two from creed.
but notice how creeds writing style changed later on and when they split, look at stapp and alter bridge. over the course of time, stapp seems to write much happier songs now. makes sense since MOP was written closer to when he was a teen and you tend to be more melodramatic at that age. and alter bridge... well i dont listen to them lol. i guess writing happier songs has something to do with maturing?
When You Were Young And Your Heart Was An Open Book You Cold Say LIVE AND LIVE HAPPY But If This Ever Changing World In Which You Live In Makes You Give And Cry ITS LIVE AND LET DIE But Oh Yet Sometimes Sad To find your almighty Core Of Enter Happiness, Thank You Mr Mcarntey For A Such A Damn Good Song AND Thanks To The Guns FOR SINGING RIGHT The Way It Should Have Been Done That Gives Me Presuit To Live And Find My Last Breath And Knock Down Another Prison And Make It Beautiful As We All Can Learn More To Keep Sacrificing as we our to our last we will keep rising today
Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) MOP is awesome, but for some reason, I've always thought that Weathered is their best album, and Human Clay is their weakest. They're all good albums, but Weathered just strikes me as them at their creative peak, with their greatest diversity of songs. MOP is great because of its rawness. Human Clay is good, but it has some weak songs that drag it down, and some of them just sound the same from song to song.

I think one reason why MOP was darker was not just because Stapp was younger, but because he was broke. If I remember correctly, those guys had hardly any money when they were first signed.

And nagpo, if you're looking for some cool, meaningful music, I could recommend some stuff.
me to nagpo im really diverse except for new age and rape i dont there no there really is good stuff out there that has,nt seen the light of day
Old 02-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Live and Let Live...great song. I prefer the GN'R cover as well, of course. I mean...seriously. >.>

I've always loved MOP best [christ, it's like choosing a favorite CHILD sometimes], even though all three albums have had their share of time in my heart. MOP sums up a lot of things that I've experienced, and always rings truest to me when I couldn't quite connect with the spirituality of the later records.